FOX News Defends Trump's Defense of Nazis/White Supremacists/Bigotry

Started by Shiranu, August 18, 2017, 08:37:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

randomvim

Quote from: Cavebear on August 20, 2017, 01:29:28 AM
When Trump says the two sides are equal in violence and hate, he states a routine false equivalency.  The Alt Right supports the statues of Confederates only because they know they can't get statues of Hitler erected.  We erect statues to people for what they have done in history that support our national ideals. 

Lee did not support our national ideals.  One might as well erect a statue to Benedict Arnold  (who, BTW, the British sent to India because they didn't trust him...

And most of the Confederacy statues were erected by KKK groups in times of their ascendancy during the 1920s Jim Crow laws and anti Civil Rights efforts.  That was hardly Civil War recognition.
1. when trump does this....
why? you just put one sentence with out explaining why or how.

2. a good number of people that argue keeping the statues are not white. whether they are white or not does not mean the vast majority want a statue of hitler. issue here is trying to tell us what someone is thinking with out providing adequate support for such a claim. I disagree with placing this information over all as it doesnt do much for your arguement. to me. appears to be a conspiracy theory and a lame one at that.

3. support our national ideals. you know there is a statue of Lenin in Seattle?  but not just the communists restricted actions to a national ideal. nazis too.
consider statues that represent the local community or are presented in a way to limit if not completely takes away some chance for a rukus. not entirely possible but maybe.

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

pr126

I don’t stand with the nazis / white supremacist. I also don’t stand with the communist.
So where does that leave me?
As far as I could see the riot was between those two groups.
It does look that the whole thing was organised, with malice aforethought to further destabilize society.

That is looking across from Europe. We have enough problems on our own.

Cavebear

Quote from: randomvim on August 20, 2017, 01:42:58 AM
1. when trump does this....
why? you just put one sentence with out explaining why or how.

2. a good number of people that argue keeping the statues are not white. whether they are white or not does not mean the vast majority want a statue of hitler. issue here is trying to tell us what someone is thinking with out providing adequate support for such a claim. I disagree with placing this information over all as it doesnt do much for your arguement. to me. appears to be a conspiracy theory and a lame one at that.

3. support our national ideals. you know there is a statue of Lenin in Seattle?  but not just the communists restricted actions to a national ideal. nazis too.
consider statues that represent the local community or are presented in a way to limit if not completely takes away some chance for a rukus. not entirely possible but maybe.

1.  Where did I say "when Trump does this"?

2.  "a good number of people that argue keeping the statues are not white". Really?  How many.  What source?

3.  The Lenin statue in Seattle should be removed too.  We are more no Communist than Nazi...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 20, 2017, 01:59:40 AM

2.  "a good number of people that argue keeping the statues are not white". Really?  How many.  What source?

3.  The Lenin statue in Seattle should be removed too.  We are more no Communist than Nazi...

We should have a statue to Satan ... the US is evil ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Baruch on August 20, 2017, 08:49:40 AM
We should have a statue to Satan ... the US is evil ;-)

Already happened, but the local government chose not to display it along side the Ten Commandments, in a blatant show of favoritism.

"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Cavebear

Quote from: Blackleaf on August 20, 2017, 09:29:21 AM
Already happened, but the local government chose not to display it along side the Ten Commandments, in a blatant show of favoritism.

How is that person on an atheist form?
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Shiranu

QuoteI don’t stand with the nazis / white supremacist.

What ever helps you sleep at night.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Blackleaf

At this point, it seems like Trump's Presidency is just a big social experiment to see how far the Right will go to defend Trump before they finally agree that he's crossed the line. My Facebook news feed lately has equal parts frustrating and hilarious. Notice few are actually trying to justify the violence in Charlottesville. Instead, they're trying to distract people with the wrongs of the Democratic Party.

"Few people remember  (except everyone who's heard this argument a million times), but the Democrats used to be the ones who defended slavery and opposed minority rights. Trust us, nothing has changed about either party in those 100+ years. The KKK only switched sides because they like tax breaks. It's not because our party is behind the times now and is more attractive to ultra Conservative Christian white nationalists like the KKK and Nazis. The Democrats are the real racists."
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

Actually derivative of Babylonian statues.  But isn't this immoral cultural appropriation?  What will they do next, wear a Lakota war bonnet?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Baruch on August 20, 2017, 12:07:04 PM
Actually derivative of Babylonian statues.  But isn't this immoral cultural appropriation?  What will they do next, wear a Lakota war bonnet?

Satanists aren't really concerned about whether or not they're offending anyone. They actually revel in offending the weak minded. They're basically atheists who aspire to go against the grain and shake people up. I've actually been considering joining a church of Satan.
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on August 20, 2017, 12:12:54 PM
Satanists aren't really concerned about whether or not they're offending anyone. They actually revel in offending the weak minded. They're basically atheists who aspire to go against the grain and shake people up. I've actually been considering joining a church of Satan.

Go for it.  Anyone in favor of self indulgence is OK by me.  The original Church of Satan by LaVey is anti-Catholic.  It is a very particular kind of anti-Christian.  Can you levitate, turn your head all the way around, projective vomit pea soup, and say bad words to a Catholic priest?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Drew_2017

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 19, 2017, 11:23:24 PM
Knowing you are a theist, I should not be surprised you side with the neo-nazis and white supermists.   You think they represent a legit 'side'.  Just what is it that causes you to be attracted to that 'side'?  Are you attracted to their message?  So, in this case, the neo-nazis are not a 'side'.  The people showing up to protest their being there is the only legit side there is.

Knowing I am a theist...would that be like knowing I'm black its not surprising I like watermelon and chicken? Knowing I'm Irish its not surprising I'm drunk. Knowing I'm Mexican you wouldn't be surprised if I was eating a burrito?
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
Albert Einstein

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jex6k2uvf9aljrq/theism.rtf?dl=0

Baruch

Quote from: Drew_2017 on August 20, 2017, 12:18:45 PM
Knowing I am a theist...would that be like knowing I'm black its not surprising I like watermelon and chicken? Knowing I'm Irish its not surprising I'm drunk. Knowing I'm Mexican you wouldn't be surprised if I was eating a burrito?

Not real Mexican, if you use a flour tortilla.  Speaking of that, time for lunch!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

randomvim

Quote from: Cavebear on August 20, 2017, 01:59:40 AM

1. "When Trump says the two sides are equal in violence and hate, he states a routine false equivalency"

I refer to this single sentence.

2. argueing for confederate statues:
https://youtu.be/nHZX48hNczw

https://youtu.be/1Jadmjn3ebs

https://youtu.be/wdsvSA74Tuw

3. seattle. * so you say all statues should be taken down if they dont match a national identity or image. okay.  did you also address the problem I presented? rhetorical question
a. identify a national identity
b. consult a community that doesnt match that national identity

randomvim

thats complete b.s. a cult should have no place in politics and such a disgusting thing has no place in American history.