FOX News Defends Trump's Defense of Nazis/White Supremacists/Bigotry

Started by Shiranu, August 18, 2017, 08:37:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on September 04, 2017, 07:17:10 PM
Not into banning anything.  But if I had my arm twisted behind me and forced to pick a movie to ban, it would have to be Birth of A Nation (the first one).  Gone With the Wind I would not even think of banning.

A large number of people would ban this web site.  Is that mere majoritarianism?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

A true historical presentation, wouldn't be complementary to the North either, in spite of how much I enjoyed the recent Lincoln.  He was actually a corrupt lawyer for the railroads.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Isn't the phrase "corrupt lawyer" a redundancy, just like the phrase "corrupt politician"?
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Mike Cl

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 05, 2017, 01:49:39 PM
Isn't the phrase "corrupt lawyer" a redundancy, just like the phrase "corrupt politician"?
absolutely!
What's the difference between a dead lawyer or skunk laying in the road?

Skid tracks in front of the skunk.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Unbeliever

Actually, there are some good lawyers, that try to help people who have been victimized by corporate greed, having been maimed - or worse - by attempts to profit over any sort of humane consideration.

"Oh, our product kills people? No worry - it's just business."
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Blackleaf

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 05, 2017, 02:34:49 PM
Actually, there are some good lawyers, that try to help people who have been victimized by corporate greed, having been maimed - or worse - by attempts to profit over any sort of humane consideration.

"Oh, our product kills people? No worry - it's just business."

Marvel even has a lawyer as a super hero.

"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Cavebear

'Gone With The Wind' was more a historical romance, and did not glorify slavery much.  Personally, I look at it as an understanding of the failure of the Confederacy. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on September 07, 2017, 02:47:11 AM
'Gone With The Wind' was more a historical romance, and did not glorify slavery much.  Personally, I look at it as an understanding of the failure of the Confederacy.

But ... but ... 'merica had no history before Massa Obama - Mammy
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on September 07, 2017, 06:58:54 AM
But ... but ... 'merica had no history before Massa Obama - Mammy

You are clever-wordly, but "Massa Obama" isn't actually very funny.  You diminish the right of a free electorate to have chosen a very intelligent and thoughtful biracial man to be their President.  One who went out of his way to meet with the leaders of both parties in Congress to try to get things done. 

And someone who followed a mildly blithering idiot in office and gave it to a more blithering lunatic.   That must have been hard.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on September 07, 2017, 08:55:29 AM
You are clever-wordly, but "Massa Obama" isn't actually very funny.  You diminish the right of a free electorate to have chosen a very intelligent and thoughtful biracial man to be their President.  One who went out of his way to meet with the leaders of both parties in Congress to try to get things done. 

And someone who followed a mildly blithering idiot in office and gave it to a more blithering lunatic.   That must have been hard.

What free electorate .. oh Civics101man?  The point of Obama wasn't his "biracial" it was his "poseur" and "grifter" nature.  But I blame the CIA for creating him in a test tube.  Voted for him twice (you so soon forget).  I thought Bill Clinton would be great in 1992, because he wasn't born with a silver spoon in his mouth, with swastika, like George H W.  Boy was I wrong that time too ;-(  Grifters to the right of me, grifters to the left of me, onward rode the American electorate ...

Congress usually can't get anything done (except Obamacare aka Romneycare aka Heritagecare).  It is best if Congress never gets anything done, ever again.  And SCOTUS only agrees to unlimited tyranny of the 1%.  So don't expect anything from them either.  USA is done, dustbin material.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on September 07, 2017, 06:36:46 PM

Great Googly Moogly!

Black folks are among the handsomest and most beautiful people I know.  Only the White Devil ever made them think different.  "Mammy" was one of the maids in the movie "Gone With The Wind" ... which wasn't a pro-Rebel movie, at all.  Rhett Butler is the hero, and he calls all the young men, damn fools.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Shiranu on August 18, 2017, 08:37:03 PM
http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/08/15/donald-trump-charlottesville-press-conference-newt-gingrich-reacts

Reminder: This is the number one watched news station in the world, defending someone for defending Nazism and White Supremacy.

Remind me again, where are the major Regressive Left, Cultural Marxist news outlets defending Antifa? Where is Antifa so ingrained into American society that the highest leader electable in their region is actively supporting their ideology?

Oh, right, the alt-right is once again full of shit and hatred. Surprising.

I am progressive and I say if there is an Alt-left, throw their asses in jail and lose the key...  I do not "circle the wagons" like the republicans do and defend people who are indefensible.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on September 07, 2017, 07:26:30 PM
I am progressive and I say if there is an Alt-left, throw their asses in jail and lose the key...  I do not "circle the wagons" like the republicans do and defend people who are indefensible.

Is that before or after the Democrat Hive mind changed their tune about anti-fa?  So much like praising the Germany-Soviet Union pact ... until Hitler invaded the Soviet Union.  Then all previous evidence went down the Memory Hole.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Quote from: Cavebear on September 07, 2017, 07:26:30 PM
I am progressive and I say if there is an Alt-left, throw their asses in jail and lose the key...
Alternate facts
Alternative news
Fake news
Real news
Alt right
Alt left

What the fuck is going on with the English language?  Does the confusion aided by the meaninglessness of political speak help the situation in any way?  Before you could just despise the left or the media or you neighbor and be done with it, but now they are parsing the enemy into gibberish, giving names that mean the opposite of what the parses often are.  Real News is actually fake.  Fake news means news you don't like, the alternate right is not the right, even if it protests that it is, and alternate facts are still not facts.  If the political strategists, and the Department of New Speak have their way, no one will have a clue what they are talking about, but be able to say it with authority, because all this means absolutely nothing, and is therefore beyond criticism.

I think there is already a word to describe the carefully crafted intention of New Speak.  It's "bullshit."  Not bullshit in the sense that you disagree with it, and not bullshit because it's offensive, although it is, but that it's bullshit because it's just meaningless bullshit intended to hide meaning, ideology, and truth in an Alice in Wonderland environment of insanity.  Back in in the 60s and 70s, we used LSD to achieve this state of mind, but we were stupid idealists back then.  What we didn't realize was that this state of mind is apparently inherent throughout humanity when it's functioning at its best (which is actually not very good at all).  You can literally get "high" on life.  Some deep thinkers back then had already come to understand this.  We thought they were phony charlatans when they said in an uppity tone, "I don't need drugs.  I'm already high on life," but they were really just "alternate" charlatans.

"Alternate" Charlatans.  It just hit me.  We can make it even more confusing by taking all these words that mean nothing or just the opposite of what they say, and put them in scare quotes.  You know "scare" quotes.  And sometimes we could just put "random" words in scare quotes, and see what people do with that.  Some idiots will nod knowingly as if they are agreeing with something, just like we did back in the 70s when we were high on LSD and someone said something incomprehensible.