Schwarzenegger Response to Trump, Neo-Nazis

Started by Shiranu, August 18, 2017, 01:21:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on August 24, 2017, 05:35:54 PM
Of course. The problem begins when you stop striving to be better.

Define better?  Occidentalism or Orientalism ... aka prejudice.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 21, 2017, 07:03:19 PM
Americans are bad too, just ask a Native.

Aren't immigrants "American" as well?  How many generations do you think it takes to be "American". 

By that logic, the Francs are not French.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 26, 2017, 01:35:39 AM
Aren't immigrants "American" as well?  How many generations do you think it takes to be "American". 

By that logic, the Francs are not French.

Correct on both counts, you can be taught.  The Franks come from Germany, one of their many invasions of neighbors.  No, actually I was referring to the collective amnesia and virtue signaling.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 26, 2017, 08:42:27 AM
Correct on both counts, you can be taught.  The Franks come from Germany, one of their many invasions of neighbors.  No, actually I was referring to the collective amnesia and virtue signaling.

The Franks came originally from the Asian steppes.  Sort of.  When you discuss pre-historical and historical immigration, you are talking one of my personal interests.  Everyone comes from somewhere else.  I'm a Multi-Regionalism human evolutionist.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 26, 2017, 01:12:44 PM
The Franks came originally from the Asian steppes.  Sort of.  When you discuss pre-historical and historical immigration, you are talking one of my personal interests.  Everyone comes from somewhere else.  I'm a Multi-Regionalism human evolutionist.

Yes, but more recently they are from Frankfurt ... ford of the Franks (free guys).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 26, 2017, 02:48:57 PM
Yes, but more recently they are from Frankfurt ... ford of the Franks (free guys).

A little class in migration.  There were Neandertals in Europe and eastern Asia about 30KYA.  Moderns Humans immigrated.  Some of them mated.  The Cro-Magnons (I'm simplifying this) were mostly Modern Humans with some 5% neandertal genes.  I won't even involve the Denisovians.

Then other modern humans moved in from Central Asia.  They pushed the Cro-magnons to the edges of Europe. 

Those peoples were probably the Picts.  THEY got pushed into Britain by new incoming peoples (all Modern Humans by this point).  Those peoples were Aryan (and no this is not an Aryan racial thing, they were just Indo-European from the Caucasian Mountains) but hence the later non-Romance language influences.  I think that is bout when the Iceman was living.

Later other Aryans/Caucasians (Celts) moved into northern Europe.  Meanwhile, people from the eastern Mediterranean domesticated some animals and plants and spread that culture into the Balkans, Greece and Italy.

So while Greece and Italy were colonized by one group, Northern Europe got more from Central Asian steppes.  In the times of the Romans, the last peoples to move westward were the Franks, Vandals, and Visigoths etc (collectively called "Gauls").

The Gauls were from the Asian steppes.  They were just the last of many Asian Steppe immigrants.  All this has no race or jcultural udgement whatsoever.  As the Roman Empire failed, the Gallic peoples took over Europe.  You know the rest.  If I recall correctly, the Franks became the French, the Vandals became the Italians, and the Visigoths became the Iberians (Spain and Portugal).  Mating with the locals all the way...

We good?

Baruch

Yes, of course we are good.  We are Bobsy Twins ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 26, 2017, 03:42:14 PM
Yes, of course we are good.  We are Bobsy Twins ;-)

Never read any of the Bobbsey Twins books.  Can we be Frank and Joe Hardy?  I read several of those.  Or are you Nan?

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 26, 2017, 03:57:55 PM
Never read any of the Bobbsey Twins books.  Can we be Frank and Joe Hardy?  I read several of those.  Or are you Nan?

As old as you are, I figure you read McGuffey's Readers in a one room schoolhouse ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 26, 2017, 06:41:06 PM
As old as you are, I figure you read McGuffey's Readers in a one room schoolhouse ;-)

Who do you think WROTE them?

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on August 26, 2017, 02:48:57 PM
Kentucky?  Isn't that home of the hot dog??
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cavebear

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 26, 2017, 07:02:05 PM
Kentucky?  Isn't that home of the hot dog??

Chihuahua Kentucky, south of nashville, right?  But actually, hot dogs (as normal food) were invented at Fenway Park on a cold day when ice cream wasn't selling.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cavebear on August 26, 2017, 07:05:53 PM
Chihuahua Kentucky, south of nashville, right?  But actually, hot dogs (as normal food) were invented at Fenway Park on a cold day when ice cream wasn't selling.
The history of the hot dog is hard to pin down.  The sausage was developed in Frankfurt, Germany--most accept that.  The bun applied to said sausage is another story.  One can find lots of claims for the first with that one.  Most likely it first showed up on Coney Island.  But who knows.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cavebear

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 26, 2017, 08:52:01 PM
The history of the hot dog is hard to pin down.  The sausage was developed in Frankfurt, Germany--most accept that.  The bun applied to said sausage is another story.  One can find lots of claims for the first with that one.  Most likely it first showed up on Coney Island.  But who knows.

But the toppings are so important.  Mustard alone, mustard with pickle relish, alone with chili, ketchup with minced onions, ketchup alone, and dutchlike with mayo...