Schwarzenegger Response to Trump, Neo-Nazis

Started by Shiranu, August 18, 2017, 01:21:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/arnold-schwarzenegger-to-neo-nazis-your-heroes-are-losers-w498410

(His couple minute video can be found in the link above)

In the wake of the horrific events in Charlottesville last Saturday that left one anti-hate protestor dead and at least 19 injured, Arnold Schwarzenegger called out Donald Trump as well as "Neo-Nazis, the White Nationalists and the neo-Confederates" in a new video for ATTN:, an issues-driven media company. "There are not two sides to bigotry, there are not two sides to hatred," the former California governor stated, words that seemed directed at Trump's vacillating response of blaming both the anti-hate protestors and the neo-Nazis for what unfolded.

In the new clip, Schwarzenegger took Trump to task for not taking a stand against hate and racism following the tragic events. Schwarzenegger said that as president, Trump had a moral responsibility to do so.

Since Trump did not send an unequivocal anti-racist message, Schwarzenegger offered to write what he thought should have been communicated. "As president of the United States and as a Republican, I reject the support of white supremacists," Schwarzenegger said in the speech he would've liked to have heard. "The country that defeated Hitler's armies is no place for Nazi flags. The party of Lincoln won't stand with those who carry the battle flag of the failed Confederacy."

Addressing what had transpired over the weekend, Schwarzenegger said that people are not born with hateful views and said he believed that people can evolve and come to the understanding "that all human beings have equal value."

"You are so lucky to live in a country that gives you every right to say horrible things," he added. "But think about how you could actually use that power for something good."

While he addressed the hate groups head-on, he also beckoned those who have been silent to stand up against the hatred, adding that racism must be faced directly, though he acknowledged it would take courage to do so. One of the actions Schwarzenegger said he has taken is to donate $100,000 to Simon Wiesenthal Center. "I hope you will join me by supporting your favorite anti-hate organization," he said.

"Let's all commit right now to leaving the terrible ghosts of the past in the trash heap of history," he concluded. "That's where they belong….Let's terminate hate."

It's tempting to say certain people here are on the losing side of history, but I think more accurately... it should be said they are on the lost side of history. Nazism, racism, bigotry, xenophobia are not losing, they lost years ago and deserve zero credit. Major props for Schwarzenegger and other Republicans for finally standing up and telling a decent part of their base, "I do not want you support. Your fear and hatred is against everything we should stand for.", and also respect for telling it how there is... there aren't "two sides", a left and a right, in this fight against bigots and saying that it is is nothing more than showing support to groups like the Neo-Nazis, the White Supremacists and other "alt-right" groups.

I will say this as someone on the left... we need to stop using "alt-right" and just call a Nazi a Nazi. While conservatives and the right wing have thrived off the support of these people, I don't think the average voter knew just how bad it was. It is mainly the politicians who did know and didn't say anything that need to be labeled as Nazi sympathizers and promptly voted out come next cycle.

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

pr126

Somebody somewhere is extremely pleased how the Charlotteville riot turned out.
Beyond his wildest expectation. Money well spent.

Btw, according to his bio, he is a nazi sympathizer.

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on August 18, 2017, 04:53:49 AM
Somebody somewhere is extremely pleased how the Charlotteville riot turned out.
Beyond his wildest expectation. Money well spent.

Btw, according to his bio, he is a nazi sympathizer.

Soros' father was an Esperanto teacher, and taught his son.  So Esperanto must be part of the NWO.

Both Swartzenegger and Trump like to inappropriately touch women or at least talk about doing it.  Arnold has been a governor ... he is dead to me, like any other politician ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

QuoteMoney well spent.

What the fuck is wrong with you?
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on August 18, 2017, 05:26:27 AM

Did you go to Charlottesville, to collect the $25 Soros bounty?  I doubt it.  All talk, not Kalashnikov.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

pr126

Quote from: Shiranu on August 18, 2017, 05:26:27 AM
That was the financier's thinking, not mine. He did spend some money on this surely.
You have simply misunderstood the sentence.

Munch

If Antifa is on the right side of history, why do they need clubs and balloons filled with piss to fight with?
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on August 18, 2017, 08:05:46 AM
If Antifa is on the right side of history, why do they need clubs and balloons filled with piss to fight with?

Monkeys just throw shit.  Just goes to show this is the Planet of the Apes, already.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

pr126

Quote from: Baruch on August 18, 2017, 12:52:11 PM
Monkeys just throw shit.  Just goes to show this is the Planet of the Apes, already.
No disrespect to the apes.

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on August 18, 2017, 12:56:50 PM
No disrespect to the apes.

Since all of the last 70 years of history have been stage-managed by the CIA, with the help of Hollywood ... we should expect the "pump the franchise" phenomenon to happen in politics.  Anyone up for Symbianese Liberation Army 2.0 or Black Panthers 2.0?  Just like the other movie franchises ... only no giant robots ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

fencerider

Quote from: Baruch on August 18, 2017, 01:11:46 PM
Since all of the last 70 years of history have been stage-managed by the CIA, with the help of Hollywood ... we should expect the "pump the franchise" phenomenon to happen in politics.  Anyone up for Symbianese Liberation Army 2.0 or Black Panthers 2.0?  Just like the other movie franchises ... only no giant robots ;-)
I would prefer a spider monkey revolution, but I will settle for howlers ;-)

I really like Schwartzenegger's snide comments about Trump. He has made a few good ones over the last several months.
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Baruch

Quote from: fencerider on August 19, 2017, 01:53:50 AM
I would prefer a spider monkey revolution, but I will settle for howlers ;-)

I really like Schwartzenegger's snide comments about Trump. He has made a few good ones over the last several months.

Post calling the kettle ... black.  Notice how a snowflake takes his blathering as news.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Quote from: Munch on August 18, 2017, 08:05:46 AM

When your best argument is the same argument David Duke and the KKK are publishing to defend the violence and murder of an American citizen, you already lost that argument.

Munch

Quote from: Shiranu on August 19, 2017, 08:58:25 AM
When your best argument is the same argument David Duke and the KKK are publishing to defend the violence and murder of an American citizen, you already lost that argument.

Sorry was I making an argument? And how old are you again? Just curious because it sometimes seems like your own arguments come from a less matured place of growth. Maybe we can help with that.

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Shiranu

Quote from: Munch on August 19, 2017, 10:25:04 AM
Sorry was I making an argument? And how old are you again? Just curious because it sometimes seems like your own arguments come from a less matured place of growth. Maybe we can help with that.

Yes, when you make a point that is contrary to what you are addressing, that is commonly known as an argument.

I have to admit, I never thought the position, "Nazis are bad." came from a place of immaturity. Perhaps I could use a bit more clarity on that.