News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

At least 3 sides

Started by Jason Harvestdancer, August 17, 2017, 09:41:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason Harvestdancer

Many people, especially in the press, are looking at the violence in Berkeley and Charlottesville as two sides fighting each other.  I don't think it is two sides.  I think it is at least (and very possibly more) sides fighting.  It is just that that two sides are easier to report.

In Berkeley there were antifa, probably some fa, and free speech advocates.  Anyone who advocated free speech was against antifa at that rally, so they were lumped in with fascists.

In Charlottesville there were antifa, definitely fa, and anti-bigotry.  Since the anti-bigotry and antifa were both against the fa, the antifa tried to claim all the anti-bigots were fellow antifa.

As part of the non-violent non-savage middle, I'm lumped with fa at Berkeley and antifa at Charlottesville.  I oppose fa and antifa because I think they are both fa.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Cavebear

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on August 17, 2017, 09:41:08 PM
Many people, especially in the press, are looking at the violence in Berkeley and Charlottesville as two sides fighting each other.  I don't think it is two sides.  I think it is at least (and very possibly more) sides fighting.  It is just that that two sides are easier to report.

In Berkeley there were antifa, probably some fa, and free speech advocates.  Anyone who advocated free speech was against antifa at that rally, so they were lumped in with fascists.

In Charlottesville there were antifa, definitely fa, and anti-bigotry.  Since the anti-bigotry and antifa were both against the fa, the antifa tried to claim all the anti-bigots were fellow antifa.

What would be the 3rd side?  Moderates?

As part of the non-violent non-savage middle, I'm lumped with fa at Berkeley and antifa at Charlottesville.  I oppose fa and antifa because I think they are both fa.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Munch

QuoteWhat would be the 3rd side?  Moderates?

People who can see the bullshit on both sides, and don't just leap onto their political sides moss pit without seeing what their protesting
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Cavebear

Quote from: Munch on August 20, 2017, 02:43:16 AM
People who can see the bullshit on both sides, and don't just leap onto their political sides moss pit without seeing what their protesting

Well, that WOULD be me...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!