1947 Anti-Fascist, "Don't Be a Sucker", US Govt Film

Started by Shiranu, August 18, 2017, 08:20:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

77 years ago, this video was produced, and if you listen to the rhetoric you frankly cannot tell the difference between what was being said in the 1940s and what is being said today... just change Catholics to Muslims and it is literally word for word what certain posters here and much of the internet as a whole has to say.

This video is absolutely painfully relevant, and the worst part is that it was making the rounds before Charlottesville... it's not like this weekend made it relevant, but rather the past 7 months and arguably the last couple of years. It is one of those things that makes you think.. it's easy to point and laugh, or despise the Nazis, White Supremacists, Islamaphobes, the alt-right, people who fear the "cultural Marxists", and so on... but we did that once when this hatred reared it's head, and it left millions upon millions dead. It resulted in years upon years of Klansmen murdering and lynching African Americans and whites who didn't hate them. It has lead to terrorist attacks against mosques, gurdwara (Sikh temples), businesses, gathering of "liberal" children, and so on. It has caused hate crimes in the United States to spike in recent years against minorities.

This hatred has real, terrible consequences, and it's easy to sit back and say it's not so bad when it's not aimed at you, but one day it will be and the people you could have defended won't be there anymore to defend you in your time of need.

This is what the Regressive/Alt-Right wants to take us back to. It is no longer enough to sit back idly and laugh at them, they have to be called on their hatred at each and every step. We now have a president that actively supports these groups and buys their rhetoric... the most powerful man in the world is influenced by the same hatred that fueled the Nazis and the KKK. If that doesn't light a fire under you, I don't know what can before it's too late.

^--- the short clip that is extremely relevant. Full video bellow.

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Sorginak

The guy in the second video even has that ridiculous mouth thing Trump does.

fencerider

which is worse? the hate-speech of Trump or the almost 100% refusal of republicans in Congress to speek against Trump?

If it was up to me I would start by 51/50 all the neo-nazis... and maybe Trump's base. Involuntary committment for psychological evaluation. Something seriously wrong inside these people's heads. Of course the arm chair psychologists have already said Trump is sociopathic.
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Baruch

Quote from: fencerider on August 19, 2017, 01:44:55 AM
which is worse? the hate-speech of Trump or the almost 100% refusal of republicans in Congress to speek against Trump?

If it was up to me I would start by 51/50 all the neo-nazis... and maybe Trump's base. Involuntary committment for psychological evaluation. Something seriously wrong inside these people's heads. Of course the arm chair psychologists have already said Trump is sociopathic.

What planet are you on?  Congress hates Trump.  They want Rubio, JEB etc for President.  Too bad R candidates can't walk and chew gum at the same time ;-)

And yes, you Lefties have been drooling psychos since ... 1965.  Tools of the KGB long before Comrade Trump.

Study last year says ... all public and private sector leaders are sociopathic.  Get over it already.  Success factors in this culture are the same as the sociopath profile.

http://fortune.com/2016/08/18/great-presidents-psychopaths/

This is why Dick Cheney was such a great President, and can be again, using the same loophole Putin uses.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: fencerider on August 19, 2017, 01:44:55 AM

You don't need to be a professional psychiatrist to recognize that some people are just outright NUTS!  I knew a few kids in high school that had no sense of reality.  Presumably, they got some jobs and joined a political party later. 

I knew a guy in college who was so nuts no one felt safe in the same room with him.  By vote, he got a single room of his own.  One time, in 1970, he decided to do one of those naked streaks around the dorms.  But HE did it on the back of a VW bug, wearing a cape and holding a flaming broom. 

He was kicked out of college for the event.  Last we heard, he was accepted as a Maryland State Policeman.

No comment about that last part. Draw your own conclusions about their admission requirements...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!