Is recently discovered dinosaur a missing link?

Started by fencerider, August 16, 2017, 09:03:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

fencerider

intentional misuse of the word hybrid... the correct word has escaped my mind. They are related on the classification chart.

Quote from: Baruch on August 16, 2017, 09:07:03 PM
Yes, must be a missing link, because I don't see convergent evolution making a hybrid between the two dinosaur orders.  Unless it was really trans ... it was a T-Rex trapped in the body of a Stegasaurus ;-)

Chilesaurus ... probably had an evolutionary advantage, its flesh was too spicy for most predators ;-)

more likely T-rex ate the Stegasaurus and then through some unexplained act of digestion the Stegasuarus got T-rex pregnant ;-) accidental hybrid

if spicy flesh was an advantage long enough for humans to show up Chilisaurus advantage would have been quickly changed to a disadvantage

"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Cavebear

Quote from: fencerider on August 21, 2017, 03:50:49 PM
intentional misuse of the word hybrid... the correct word has escaped my mind. They are related on the classification chart.

more likely T-rex ate the Stegasaurus and then through some unexplained act of digestion the Stegasuarus got T-rex pregnant ;-) accidental hybrid

if spicy flesh was an advantage long enough for humans to show up Chilisaurus advantage would have been quickly changed to a disadvantage

Well, aside from the fact that no Stegasauros ever met a Tyrannysauros by about 100MY...  OK...

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on August 26, 2017, 06:20:33 AM
Well, aside from the fact that no Stegasauros ever met a Tyrannysauros by about 100MY...  OK...
Were you there?!!!!!
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on August 26, 2017, 07:59:22 AM
Were you there?!!!!!

I love that line from the creationists.  Someday I will get to ask one of them that about Adam and Eve or Noah's Flood.  "Were You There"?

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on August 26, 2017, 05:53:11 PM
I love that line from the creationists.  Someday I will get to ask one of them that about Adam and Eve or Noah's Flood.  "Were You There"?
"No, but I have a Book written by Someone who was!"
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on August 26, 2017, 08:54:10 PM
"No, but I have a Book written by Someone who was!"

And I have 3 bookcases full of sci-fi books saying nearly everything...  Most of which will also never be true.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on August 31, 2017, 03:45:51 AM
And I have 3 bookcases full of sci-fi books saying nearly everything...  Most of which will also never be true.
Were you there?
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers

Cavebear

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 31, 2017, 01:26:51 PM
It should have been called Cretaceous Park.
Dinosaurs don't like being called Cretins.
PZ Myers