Does Trump represent the American nation or Is he the man of the global capital?

Started by SoldierofFortune, August 15, 2017, 06:10:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoldierofFortune

He of course is an elected president but
Just 2 candidates were running for the presidency? Is it a democracy?
I have strong doubts that there are lots of leaders who are so-called elected president and
amongst them, i am sure there are lots of leaders who are the men of global capital, instead of the nation.

I have no data, of course, just a strong doubt...from what i read, saw and heard...

What do you think?

Sorginak

America stopped being a democracy a long time ago, unfortunately.

What we have here in America is simply a man who represents the worst parts of this country as well as the global one percent.

SoldierofFortune

Quote from: Sorginak on August 15, 2017, 06:14:10 PM
America stopped being a democracy a long time ago, unfortunately.

What we have here in America is simply a man who represents the worst parts of this country as well as the global one percent.

The center of the global capital is the imperial America...
Once upon a time the center was Britain but they passed it to America...

Baruch

Quote from: SoldierofFortune on August 15, 2017, 06:10:56 PM
Just 2 candidates were running for the presidency? Is it a democracy?
I have strong doubts that there are lots of leaders who are so-called elected president and
amongst them, i am sure there are lots of leaders who are the men of global capital, instead of the nation.

I have no data, of course, just a strong doubt...from what i read, saw and heard...

What do you think?

Yes, a multiparty Parliament is more democratic ... and more humorous.  Ever hear of PM Berlusconi of Italy, when he was in power?  He was a media magnate.  Trump is more similar to him than any other recent leader.  Beppe Grillo leads the Five Star Movement ... and he used to be a TV comedian.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

The US never was a democracy.  It was set up to be a representative republic.  And the electoral college was put in place to keep the rabble from electing anyone.  The constitution was worded so as to fool the average joe.  We are all created equal and .............................was great propaganda.  And it was propaganda from the very beginning.  And very successful; everybody still likes to label us as a 'democracy', when it never was (with the exception of a few town govt. in the East that allowed laws to be crafted by the vote of all).  Checks and balances work, but none of the branches were elected by a common vote.  We are now a representative govt that only represents the very wealthy in all three branches.  The common man is simply fodder.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

SoldierofFortune

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 15, 2017, 07:26:04 PM
The US never was a democracy.  It was set up to be a representative republic.  And the electoral college was put in place to keep the rabble from electing anyone.  The constitution was worded so as to fool the average joe.  We are all created equal and .............................was great propaganda.  And it was propaganda from the very beginning.  And very successful; everybody still likes to label us as a 'democracy', when it never was (with the exception of a few town govt. in the East that allowed laws to be crafted by the vote of all).  Checks and balances work, but none of the branches were elected by a common vote.  We are now a representative govt that only represents the very wealthy in all three branches.  The common man is simply fodder.

But the idea being pumped via the media is still that America is a democracy.
Right, this is just a propaganda.
And the so-called reason of America to legitimate its occupation to Iraq and Afghanistan was to export them the democracy.
America is known as the exporter of democracy in the world :D

We are living in a political theater.

Sorginak

Quote from: SoldierofFortune on August 15, 2017, 07:34:32 PM
And the so-called reason of America to legitimate its occupation to Iraq and Afghanistan was to export them the democracy.

The theatre extends to corporate life, as well.  Unfortunately, most people are willing to overlook unjustices in order to continue earning a paycheck.  I am certain most everyone has learned from working somewhere that complaining about company policy merely results in the complainer being unduly written up and suspended and eventually fired. 

Mike Cl

Quote from: SoldierofFortune on August 15, 2017, 07:34:32 PM

Read 1984--Newspeak.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Hydra009

Quote from: SoldierofFortune on August 15, 2017, 06:10:56 PM
Just 2 candidates were running for the presidency?
There were other candidates.  Green Party candidate Jill Stein and Libertarian Party candidate Gary Johnson.  There were others, but iirc, none of them met the requirements to appear on state ballots and only received votes as write in candidates.

QuoteIs it a democracy?
Yes.  Though how vibrant a democracy it is is up for debate.   Gerrymandering, the electoral college system, and the enormous role of money in politics (especially corporate money) certainly raises some doubts.  And during elections themselves, there are sometimes "voting irregularities" and suspicious moves that restrict the early voting period, available voting places, student voting, and introduce new hurtles for voters to pass in order to vote.  These problems can also exist during the primary votes.  And finally, there's the role of the media in election.  If candidate A has little press coverage and meanwhile, the media can't stop talking about candidate B (for all the wrong reasons), take a guess who's going to get more votes on election day.

QuoteI have strong doubts that there are lots of leaders who are so-called elected president and
I have no idea what you mean by "men of global capital"?  Capital as in money or capital as in a capital city of a political entity?

SoldierofFortune

I mean -capitalism and capitalists and capital at the global scale- by -global capital- : )

fencerider

the only reason we have to export democracy is to keep the money rolling in to the defense contractors.

the US is and always was a republic not a democracy; never mind that for the last several years they've all been bought and paid for by the capitalists.

If anybody had any conspiracy theories about who controls our government, it all ended with Citizens United. Without question the US is now a plutocracy. Bought and paid for by the rich for the rich. The only reason to have outsourcing or trade agreements is to benefit the rich. They will double down on that now that they can rig elections.

well... soldier of fortune is preachin to the choir on this subject.

p.s. someday soon a soldier of fortune might be a good occupation in a post-USA world
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on August 15, 2017, 10:09:29 PM
There were other candidates.  Green Party candidate Jill Stein and Libertarian Party candidate Gary Johnson.  There were others, but iirc, none of them met the requirements to appear on state ballots and only received votes as write in candidates.
Yes.  Though how vibrant a democracy it is is up for debate.   Gerrymandering, the electoral college system, and the enormous role of money in politics (especially corporate money) certainly raises some doubts.  And during elections themselves, there are sometimes "voting irregularities" and suspicious moves that restrict the early voting period, available voting places, student voting, and introduce new hurtles for voters to pass in order to vote.  These problems can also exist during the primary votes.  And finally, there's the role of the media in election.  If candidate A has little press coverage and meanwhile, the media can't stop talking about candidate B (for all the wrong reasons), take a guess who's going to get more votes on election day.
I have no idea what you mean by "men of global capital"?  Capital as in money or capital as in a capital city of a political entity?

In my state Gary Johnson was on the ballot, Jill Stein wasn't.  If they were popular, this wouldn't be a problem.  As long as voters keep taking more of the dog that bites them, this will not improve.

Global capital aka billionaires with Swiss bank accounts.  How come, in LA county, there are more registered voters, than the number of adult citizens?  Not the only place ... both sides cheat for obvious reasons.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: SoldierofFortune on August 15, 2017, 06:19:54 PM
The center of the global capital is the imperial America...
Once upon a time the center was Britain but they passed it to America...

The US became a subsidiary of the British Empire in 1913 (Fed).  Became more integrated with the British Empire by 1945.  And Britain is a subsidiary of The City, has been since the Bank of England was formed.  Why did the Rothschilds move their operations to PRC thru Hong Kong?

Finance has been bankrupt since 1971 ... now instead of absolute bankruptcy, we argue over relative bankruptcy ... is Britain for example, more bankrupt than France?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: SoldierofFortune on August 15, 2017, 10:29:15 PM
I mean -capitalism and capitalists and capital at the global scale- by -global capital- : )

Every US president since Wilson, has been a tool of international capital aka Rothschilds, but who do the Rothschilds work for?

"WE ARE AT THE PARTING OF THE WAYS. WE HAVE, NOT ONE OR TWO OR THREE, BUT MANY, ESTABLISHED AND FORMIDABLE MONOPOLIES... WE HAVE COME TO BE ONE OF THE WORST RULED, ONE OF THE MOST COMPLETELY CONTROLLED AND DOMINATED, GOVERNMENTS IN THE CIVILIZED WORLD--NO LONGER A GOVERNMENT BY FREE OPINION, NO LONGER A GOVERNMENT BY CONVICTION AND THE VOTE OF THE MAJORITY, BUT A GOVERNMENT BY THE OPINION AND THE DURESS OF SMALL GROUPS OF DOMINANT MEN." WOODROW WILSON, THE NEW FREEDOM, 1913

Not a warning, a blueprint.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Given how much of an effect the American presidency has on the rest of the world, maybe the rest of the world should have a say in who gets elected to that office.

I have no idea how that would work, though.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman