The Cultural VANDALISM of the USA

Started by pr126, August 15, 2017, 09:26:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on August 18, 2017, 01:01:01 PM
The purpose of education is to propagandize the youth.  So are you a Red ant or a Black ant?
I thought it was to churn out factory workers.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on August 18, 2017, 01:01:01 PM
The purpose of education is to propagandize the youth.  So are you a Red ant or a Black ant?

Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. Tearing down the past because the current generation is offended by it will never learn from said past.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Sorginak

Quote from: Munch on August 18, 2017, 04:31:15 PM
Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.

Ironically, that phrase is quite inaccurate due to the fact that people are continually repeating mistakes others made in the past. 

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Sorginak on August 18, 2017, 04:39:16 PM
Ironically, that phrase is quite inaccurate due to the fact that people are continually repeating mistakes others made in the past. 
Yeah, they didn't learn from the past, so they repeat the mistakes of the past.

Your turn to be redundant.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. Tearing down the past because the current generation is offended by it will never learn from said past.

The adult diaper makers are making a mint.  So when are y'all going to trash Britain over the Wars of the Roses?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on August 19, 2017, 01:14:51 PM
argument ad cartoonum.

So you support remnants of 1930s, 1960s street communism?  The Reds need to be exterminated ... they keep breeding ... you can't just kill a few, you have to kill the whole nest of termites ;-)  So which side, as a historian, do you support in the 1930s Spanish Civil War?  Not Franco surely.  But there were also both Communists (supported weakly by Stalin) and Anarchists (exterminated by both the other parties).  "Fifth Column" is a phrase invented in the Spanish Civil War .. are you down with that?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Frankly, I don't think a Scot has a place to tell Americans how to deal with their own fucked up parts of history. How many statues to King so-and-so who slaughtered Scots fighting for independence do y'all have?

Statues are not, and have never been, about teaching history. They are propaganda, pure and simple... to show victories, to establish lineage to former rulers, and so on. And that's perfectly fine, but don't ass around and act like they are there to teach accurate history when the very men who put them up said otherwise.

The Confederate state lost. The American state has every right to tear down any monument to traitors it so pleases, and as both an American and a southerner I have every right to support it in doing so. More right than someone bitching overseas that a monument to white supremacy is being torn down anyways because his losing ideology is throwing a hissy fit.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

randomvim

Quote from: Shiranu on August 18, 2017, 05:43:07 AM

I didnt know that statue held historical significants at that time.

if you may help explain, how are people expressing a revolt from (dictatorship) and change of govt. in 1776 relates to todays crowd not altering past or present in terms of events or govt.?

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on August 19, 2017, 02:21:12 PM
Frankly, I don't think a Scot has a place to tell Americans how to deal with their own fucked up parts of history. How many statues to King so-and-so who slaughtered Scots fighting for independence do y'all have?

Statues are not, and have never been, about teaching history. They are propaganda, pure and simple... to show victories, to establish lineage to former rulers, and so on. And that's perfectly fine, but don't ass around and act like they are there to teach accurate history when the very men who put them up said otherwise.

The Confederate state lost. The American state has every right to tear down any monument to traitors it so pleases, and as both an American and a southerner I have every right to support it in doing so. More right than someone bitching overseas that a monument to white supremacy is being torn down anyways because his losing ideology is throwing a hissy fit.

Which is why the US is breaking into 50 must less powerful states (we don't like your F'ing state telling our state what to do (see California this time, not Alabama).  Of course this will make it much easier for our Chinese overlords to move in.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: randomvim on August 17, 2017, 10:33:25 PM
huh. no. I investigated all videos shown broadcasted on tv. to see more of incidences that occur.

some highlighted past attacks which were in berkeley and elsewhere in california. but when I watched the full videos on youtube. the people wearing masks beating up a guy were antifa, not racists.

on these videos. m80's are thrown into crowds. some attacks were against freelance videographers. most notably a guy hit by a bike lock.

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

Oh yes, You tube is a really trustable source, how foolish of me not to have thought of THAT.  LOL!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 20, 2017, 02:15:22 AM
Oh yes, You tube is a really trustable source, how foolish of me not to have thought of THAT.  LOL!

I am sure you trust CNN and MSNBC like gospel ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 20, 2017, 08:56:42 AM
I am sure you trust CNN and MSNBC like gospel ;-)

You're off my ignore list.  You are less crazy than the Moslems joining...  Any port in a storm, I suppose.

See, you have to use the term "gospel" for channels I like to watch.  That's what annoys me about you.  When MSNBC makes a claim, they provide date/time/location and show video.  Faux just makes claims. 

If I have to talk to someone frequently, your not the worst.

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!