The Cultural VANDALISM of the USA

Started by pr126, August 15, 2017, 09:26:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

pr126

Gawdzilla Sama

Book burning? Like your Nazi friends? We have more access to more information today that ever before in history.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

pr126

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: pr126 on August 15, 2017, 10:12:06 AM
I do not have any Nazi friends.
Well, you're right wing as all fuck, so I don't believe you.
PZ Myers

Atheon

The only cultural vandalism I see going on in the US today is the fucking Nazis and their enablers who are polluting the country.

Fuck off, Nazis. You are not welcome in human civilization. Godwin's Law has been revoked. If it goose-steps like a Nazi and Sieg Heils like a Nazi, it's a Nazi.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Munch

Both the neo nazis and the far left and fucking vandals, both groups can fuck off since their both extreme sides of the same coin. 
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Islamists and SJW are similar in this way.  Once they have power, they erase all previous history.  Hence the reasons for destroying the ruins of Hatra and Palmyra ... even though they have been there under Islam for 1400 years.  Supposedly a Muslim was responsible for defacing the Sphinx's nose.  But Egyptian Christians had done their share of defacing before the Muslim army even got there.  With SJW, they want to erase all history that is pre-Obama.  There is no god but Marx, and Obama is his prophet.  They don't want you to know that the US started primarily as a British colony, that our ancestors were mean to the Natives, that Americans love conflict and war (we are not like Gandhi or even MLK), that the Republican party ever existed, that the Civil War happened etc.  Basically anything prior to 2009, never happened ... it was all fake news.  Not even the French are as psychopathic as the SJW in the US.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Munch on August 15, 2017, 12:23:57 PM
Both the neo nazis and the far left and fucking vandals, both groups can fuck off since their both extreme sides of the same coin. 
"are"  ;-)

Anyway, don't forget reactionaries.
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on August 15, 2017, 01:47:21 PM
"are"  ;-)

Anyway, don't forget reactionaries.

Reactionaries at least have a pulse.  Corpses are never reactionaries, they just decay.  Both sides are "triggered" ... I don't see any point in calling one side progressive and the other regressive, except after one side wins (temporarily) and then they choose a designation for themselves at that time, that they think flatters them.  But the reality is that they are assholes.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Sorginak

Quote from: Baruch on August 15, 2017, 06:52:11 PM
Reactionaries at least have a pulse.

I will always trust one who is emotional over one who is analytical, corporate, and supposedly logical.

Emotion is a core aspect of who we are as humans, and to be informed to remove emotion in any given situation is merely the perpetuation of robotism.

I am no robot, even though I do appreciate and understanding logic having its place. However, logic should never complete an individual.

Baruch

Quote from: Sorginak on August 15, 2017, 06:57:58 PM
I will always trust one who is emotional over one who is analytical, corporate, and supposedly logical.

Emotion is a core aspect of who we are as humans, and to be informed to remove emotion in any given situation is merely the perpetuation of robotism.

I am no robot, even though I do appreciate and understanding logic having its place. However, logic should never complete an individual.

So no real Vulcan's after all?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Sorginak

Quote from: Baruch on August 15, 2017, 07:02:48 PM
So no real Vulcan's after all?

All I know is I wasn't born with pointed ears and an inclination for contorting the fingers of my hand.

Shiranu

Were the Germans committing cultural vandalism when they tore down Nazi propaganda? Were the Chileans committing cultural vandalism when they tore down statues and monuments to Pinochet? The Iraqis when they toppled the Saddam statue? Eastern bloc countries who removed Communist monuments?

Here's the thing; these "cultural landmarks" are of a culture that no human, not a single one, should take pride in. I think they belong in a museum rather than being destroyed, but they have no place in a civilized society when you look at the context these statues were built. At the time they were placed, this is the mindset; "We need to remind those African Americans, that we committed mass genocide against and enslaved, that even though they are now free we are still the masters." These statues were placed for that goal, and for one more... to honour a state that believed in chattel slavery, to revere leaders who waged a terrible and extremely bloody war against it's own government to protect it's right to own slaves and finally to express that even though they lost the war, the pride of what they once were will live on.

These statues have a place and a right to exist I believe, but it's not in public where they can serve their terrible purpose. Rather they should be in museums, or designed to express the historical truth of what they represent. Turn them into Auschwitzs and stigmatize everything they stood for by presenting the truth of who these people were.

The state will not do these things, so people unfortunately took it into their own hands. But the problem is is that people have been asking for these statues to be removed, moved, or otherwise put into context and the Southern states have time and time again said, "Bah, what are you crying about? This is our right!".

No, fuck that. You lost, both the war and any moral high ground as well when you defended slavery, you don't get to brag about how awesome those days were. It's time to move the fuck on and get with the times.

Also, seriously, comparing the "far left" (who you often have indicated that consider anyone who thinks women should be treated as equal, the LGBT community should be protected, that religious rights should be protected, etc. as the, "far left") with actual fucking Nazis and the KKK. Brilliant.

To quote the internet...

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur