Started by Baruch, August 08, 2017, 07:17:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 21, 2017, 02:43:37 PM
What's the 2nd world?

Used to be the Communist block.  But they got the capitalist religion and joined the 1st world, mostly.  We now agree to screw the 3rd world in the same ways, not opposite ways.  Menage a trois, but both from the same end.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 21, 2017, 07:10:12 PM
Used to be the Communist block.  But they got the capitalist religion and joined the 1st world, mostly.  We now agree to screw the 3rd world in the same ways, not opposite ways.  Menage a trois, but both from the same end.

Too much of the world is going to the robber barons on the 2000's.  It used to happen in nations, now it has gone international.  The sci-fi dystopia is becoming real and it is the mercantalists who will bring it.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 26, 2017, 05:53:04 AM
Too much of the world is going to the robber barons on the 2000's.  It used to happen in nations, now it has gone international.  The sci-fi dystopia is becoming real and it is the mercantalists who will bring it.

In this case, you do know too much.  Rapacious mercantilism brought about the British East Indies company and the British West Indies company, and comparable corporations elsewhere.  That and Alexander Hamilton making the US into a capitalist juggernaut.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 26, 2017, 08:29:44 AM
In this case, you do know too much.  Rapacious mercantilism brought about the British East Indies company and the British West Indies company, and comparable corporations elsewhere.  That and Alexander Hamilton making the US into a capitalist juggernaut.

No, national mercantilism was one thing, and you could leave.  When it becomes international, where is there to go?

And besides, The Brits nor Hamilton weren't the inventors of it.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 26, 2017, 01:47:25 PM
No, national mercantilism was one thing, and you could leave.  When it becomes international, where is there to go?

And besides, The Brits nor Hamilton weren't the inventors of it.

US dollar dominance is the continuation of British pound dominance prior to that.  The British pound got old and tired and is resisting a shotgun wedding to Ms Euro.

One of the psychologies of the Roman Empire, compared to prior situations, was that it was almost impossible to escape it.  Jews tried and failed, so we gave up and joined it ... as executive consultants ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 26, 2017, 03:31:57 PM
US dollar dominance is the continuation of British pound dominance prior to that.  The British pound got old and tired and is resisting a shotgun wedding to Ms Euro.

One of the psychologies of the Roman Empire, compared to prior situations, was that it was almost impossible to escape it.  Jews tried and failed, so we gave up and joined it ... as executive consultants ;-)

Logically, the Jews under Roman control should have just moved to Persia where they were more tolerated.  But, wait, their book said the dirt they lived on was sacred.  Dumbasses...

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 26, 2017, 04:24:19 PM
Logically, the Jews under Roman control should have just moved to Persia where they were more tolerated.  But, wait, their book said the dirt they lived on was sacred.  Dumbasses...

Smart Jews stayed in Iraq or Persia instead of going back to Judea, to begin with.  Some of us are still there.  Others would say that Persian agents put us up to ... revolt ... to use us to harm the Romans, a traditional Persian enemy.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 26, 2017, 07:42:33 PM
Smart Jews stayed in Iraq or Persia instead of going back to Judea, to begin with.  Some of us are still there.  Others would say that Persian agents put us up to ... revolt ... to use us to harm the Romans, a traditional Persian enemy.

US?  Interesting.  Well, jews always were revolting...

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 31, 2017, 02:08:15 AM
US?  Interesting.  Well, jews always were revolting...

Yes, we enjoy our freedom.  And are usually too few to oppress others, though like Hertz, we try harder.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 31, 2017, 07:08:15 AM
Yes, we enjoy our freedom.  And are usually too few to oppress others, though like Hertz, we try harder.

Well, for what it is worth, my best friends in my teens and later were jewish.  The christians always tried to convert me.  Really was annoying.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 31, 2017, 09:27:27 AM
Well, for what it is worth, my best friends in my teens and later were jewish.  The christians always tried to convert me.  Really was annoying.

It is un-Jewish to impose like that.  In fact, Orthodox Jews try to dissuade Gentiles who volunteer.  The first evangelical faith was Buddhism ... then Christianity ... then Islam.  Evangelicalism and monasticism came into Christianity from Buddhism.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 31, 2017, 01:07:38 PM
It is un-Jewish to impose like that.  In fact, Orthodox Jews try to dissuade Gentiles who volunteer.  The first evangelical faith was Buddhism ... then Christianity ... then Islam.  Evangelicalism and monasticism came into Christianity from Buddhism.

Yeah, I almost joined The Ethical Society for a woman I was VERY interested in.  For honorable and permanent intent. 

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 31, 2017, 02:45:31 PM
Yeah, I almost joined The Ethical Society for a woman I was VERY interested in.  For honorable and permanent intent.

Generally you fall for someone's projections.  If they say I give to "The Society to Promote Childhood" you know they are a baby eater ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 31, 2017, 09:21:39 PM
Generally you fall for someone's projections.  If they say I give to "The Society to Promote Childhood" you know they are a baby eater ;-(

That is an entirely different thing, as you should well know.  That's "astro-turfing"...