News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Classic Science Fiction

Started by pr126, August 15, 2017, 09:17:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pr126

Dig Into Nearly 30 Years of Free Classic Science Fiction
QuoteIf you’re a fan of classic science fiction from the likes of Ray Bradbury, Isaac Asimov, and Robert A. Heinlein, you’re in luck. Archive.org now has a massive collection of the magazine Galaxy Science Fiction for you to peruse for free.

The collection has over 350 issues spanning from 1950 to 1976, and even includes an early version of Ray Bradbury’s Fahrenheit 451, The Fireman, as well as Isaac Asimov’s The Caves of Steel, and Alfred Bester’s The Stars My Destination. While the collection isn’t quite the entire run of GSF, it’s probably more than enough to keep you busy. Besides, you can’t beat free. You can browse through the entire collection at the link below.

The Collection

Mike Cl

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

trdsf

Well, that's the rest of this month sorted.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: trdsf on August 15, 2017, 11:45:38 AM
Well, that's the rest of this month sorted.
Slow download speed?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

trdsf

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on August 15, 2017, 12:01:44 PM
Slow download speed?
Naw.  Easily distracted by 'Ooo, I haven't read that in ages... ... ... ... ...whaddyamean, it's 2.30 in the morning?'
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Baruch

I, Robot ... compiled version is 1950.  From articles going back to 1940, by Isaac Asimov.

Mars Chronicles ... 1950, by Ray Bradbury

The current version would be I, Triggered ;-)  Or how about A Clockwork Hillary?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: trdsf on August 15, 2017, 12:23:47 PM
Naw.  Easily distracted by 'Ooo, I haven't read that in ages... ... ... ... ...whaddyamean, it's 2.30 in the morning?'
Got a system. Boss Lady's downloading them for me. I got my birthday open right now.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on August 15, 2017, 01:49:26 PM
Got a system. Boss Lady's downloading them for me. I got my birthday open right now.

Enjoy!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!