Started by A Shia Muslim, August 13, 2017, 09:17:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

St Truth

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 22, 2017, 10:48:08 PM
That's just Ibn, speaking in tongues.

Actually, I prefer Arabic words to speaking in tongues. Arabic words sound so deliciously foreign. My dad took me to Jakarta earlier this year when he had work. I almost ran for cover when I heard Allah u Akhbar screamed loudly over a hailer. I thought it was a terrorist attack but it was apparently a normal thing all over Jakarta. If not for the association of the Arabic prayer with death, decapitation and suicide bombers, it can actually be quite a fun thing. Reminds me of one of those roller coasters in Disneyland where you pass by strange lands.

Baruch

Quote from: St Truth on September 22, 2017, 10:56:32 PM
Actually, I prefer Arabic words to speaking in tongues. Arabic words sound so deliciously foreign. My dad took me to Jakarta earlier this year when he had work. I almost ran for cover when I heard Allah u Akhbar screamed loudly over a hailer. I thought it was a terrorist attack but it was apparently a normal thing all over Jakarta. If not for the association of the Arabic prayer with death, decapitation and suicide bombers, it can actually be quite a fun thing. Reminds me of one of those roller coasters in Disneyland where you pass by strange lands.

Glad you had a young adventure.  Look where it can lead.  Young Obama was in Jakarta once ;-)

My main problem with the modern muezzin is they have crappy audio equipment, far better to have an actual trained human doing it.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 22, 2017, 10:48:08 PM
That's just Ibn, speaking in tongues.

and you are lazy ...

Google Translate says ...
I salute you and God's mercy and blessings. welcome. welcome. No, no. Welcome Welcome. Vah Vah Mashi God.

I think it got the last sentence wrong, probably dialect.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Yeah, google translates reasonably well.  I get blog comments from a friend in Brazil.  Portuguese comes close but they differ.  And Google doesn't offer Brazilian Portuguese.  I have to make guesses sometimes.  I am beginning to learn the subtle differences of some personal pronouns and some descriptives though.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

St Truth

Quote from: Baruch on September 23, 2017, 12:09:41 AM
Glad you had a young adventure.  Look where it can lead.  Young Obama was in Jakarta once ;-)

My main problem with the modern muezzin is they have crappy audio equipment, far better to have an actual trained human doing it.

Oh no. He lived there for some time. I merely visited Jakarta for a few days. Anyway, I'm not American.

Cavebear

Quote from: St Truth on September 23, 2017, 12:44:01 AM
Oh no. He lived there for some time. I merely visited Jakarta for a few days. Anyway, I'm not American.

So Obama was in Jakarta once.  I spent some time in Quebec.  Does that make me Canadian?  Or French?

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on September 23, 2017, 12:33:46 AM
Yeah, google translates reasonably well.  I get blog comments from a friend in Brazil.  Portuguese comes close but they differ.  And Google doesn't offer Brazilian Portuguese.  I have to make guesses sometimes.  I am beginning to learn the subtle differences of some personal pronouns and some descriptives though.

I knew you had to have at least one redeeming quality ;-)  Well, you already showed interest in Latin.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on September 23, 2017, 01:10:47 AM
So Obama was in Jakarta once.  I spent some time in Quebec.  Does that make me Canadian?  Or French?

Still defending all the alien reptilian D politicians?  I don't think you are a cave bear ... probably a wookie ;-)  You know, that as a boy, he spent time being educated in Indonesia.  Very unusual, even for a CIA black project.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on September 23, 2017, 10:51:22 AM
Still defending all the alien reptilian D politicians?  I don't think you are a cave bear ... probably a wookie ;-)  You know, that as a boy, he spent time being educated in Indonesia.  Very unusual, even for a CIA black project.

I am the most hairless Wookie you ever met...

V

Hmm, one rational guy educated briefly in Indonesia and success at Yale or Harvard whatever vs a ljingoistic unatic educated in NYC  real estate.  Gee let me think for a few nanoseconds.  Yeah the smart guy...

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on September 23, 2017, 11:05:55 AM
I am the most hairless Wookie you ever met...

V

Hmm, one rational guy educated briefly in Indonesia and success at Yale or Harvard whatever vs a ljingoistic unatic educated in NYC  real estate.  Gee let me think for a few nanoseconds.  Yeah the smart guy...

Both are very capable grifters.  One pretends to be smart but isn't, the other pretends to be a fool but isn't.  You were fooled both times!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on September 23, 2017, 11:19:43 AM
Both are very capable grifters.  One pretends to be smart but isn't, the other pretends to be a fool but isn't.  You were fooled both times!

Shrub and Trump, right? 

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on September 23, 2017, 12:12:05 AM
and you are lazy ...

Google Translate says ...
I salute you and God's mercy and blessings. welcome. welcome. No, no. Welcome Welcome. Vah Vah Mashi God.

I think it got the last sentence wrong, probably dialect.
Pardon me, sir - you must have me confused with someone who gives a damn...
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 23, 2017, 12:53:57 PM
Pardon me, sir - you must have me confused with someone who gives a damn...

Funny for an atheist, to use that ... erm ... term ;-)  So in Roman civil law, you favor maximum sentences for those convicted?  That is what "damno" means.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on September 23, 2017, 03:00:37 PM
Funny for an atheist, to use that ... erm ... term ;-)  So in Roman civil law, you favor maximum sentences for those convicted?  That is what "damno" means.

We atheists use the vernacular...  Damn, Darn, Zounds, For Pete's Sake, Golly, Gosh, Gad, Gee, Gee-Whiz, Lordy, Holy, etc.  Somehow, banging our thumb with a hammer and shouting "Madelyn O Hair" just doesn't get the point across the theists.

In spite of that, I tend to prefer scatilogical terms myself.

Dang!