News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Peace and greetings, from a Muslim

Started by A Shia Muslim, August 13, 2017, 09:17:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A Shia Muslim

Hello to all!

I am a shia muslim, hoping to engage in discussion encompassing a variety of different topics pertaining to religion on this board.

Blackleaf

Quote from: A Shia Muslim on August 13, 2017, 09:17:48 AM
Hello to all!

I am a shia muslim, hoping to engage in discussion encompassing a variety of different topics pertaining to religion on this board.

Welcome to the forums. Maybe you should tell us a little more about you first.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

pr126

Welcome to the forum.

It is a long time since we had a Muslim poster.
Unfortunately, they do not stay for long.

Baruch

Welcome.  Twelver, Sevener, Ismaili ... or just non-Sunni?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

A Shia Muslim

Quote from: Baruch on August 13, 2017, 12:27:45 PM
Welcome.  Twelver, Sevener, Ismaili ... or just non-Sunni?

A twelve shia, which comprise of 85-90 percent of shia's globally.

And thank you and everyone else for the welcome.

aitm

Tis a shame you will never get to enjoy the worlds most spectacular food. Bacon. Alas....I mean goat is okay, but bacon...dat's da bomb man.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Mike Cl

Welcome--may your stay be long and productive.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: A Shia Muslim on August 13, 2017, 03:41:19 PM
A twelve shia, which comprise of 85-90 percent of shia's globally.

And thank you and everyone else for the welcome.

So what do you think of Suhrawardi, Ibn Arabi or Mulla Sadra?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

I love the name.  "A Shia Muslim".  No actual name or handle other than that.  No apparent person behind the handle.  Just a religion...  No nothing other than a belief...

So sad...

I love these strange theists (of any kind or variety).  They show me that atheism makes more sense every day.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

pr126

Cavebear wrote:
QuoteI love the name.  "A Shia Muslim".  No actual name or handle other than that.  No apparent person behind the handle.  Just a religion...  No nothing other than a belief...

To a Muslim, his religion is his identity. Without it he is nothing.

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on August 14, 2017, 02:01:43 AM
Cavebear wrote:

"Nothing" sounds about right...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

A Shia Muslim

Quote from: Cavebear on August 14, 2017, 01:33:14 AM
I love the name.  "A Shia Muslim".  No actual name or handle other than that.  No apparent person behind the handle.  Just a religion...  No nothing other than a belief...

So sad...

I love these strange theists (of any kind or variety).  They show me that atheism makes more sense every day.

I don't have any strong views either for or against the aforementioned, but i have some disagreements.

A Shia Muslim

Quote from: pr126 on August 14, 2017, 02:01:43 AM
Cavebear wrote:

I often use different names on forums, but i chose to use this one because i wanted users i interact with to understand to some degree where i come from. Labels are rather important,  and being a shia muslim on an atheist forum, it is even mores important for me to specify what i believe. On islamic forums, i go by many other names.

But you are right, my religion is my world view, and forms an intrinsic part of my identity. This is not to say i do not have goals, dreams, wishes, and other values like you do -only Islam gives me an objective purpose.

Mike Cl

Quote from: A Shia Muslim on August 14, 2017, 07:29:41 AM
I often use different names on forums, but i chose to use this one because i wanted users i interact with to understand to some degree where i come from. Labels are rather important,  and being a shia muslim on an atheist forum, it is even mores important for me to specify what i believe.
What you believe....................I don't have any beliefs.  I have reasons for what I think is correct.  I have no reason to think that your god is not a fiction (all gods are fiction--just like Bugs Bunny is a fiction.), why do you think your god is not a fiction, but real?
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Blackleaf

Quote from: Cavebear on August 14, 2017, 01:33:14 AM

So sad...

Well, we managed to go about half a page without trying to scare away the new guy.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--