News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Islam and paganism.

Started by pr126, August 13, 2017, 04:48:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ibn Khaldun

cavebear , come here .

@Barouch ,what is the evidence ? can you tell me ?

Here is something else that occurred to me . The Satanic versus . Mohammed in the Mecca  quran was out to co opt the Arabs which thing acknowledged their gods   . but later they were abrogated .

There remains however two verses in the Mecca  quran that still do .Do you know those verses Barouch ? I mean an expert in islam like you surely must know

While you are it can you show those inserted verses in the sura that commanded the change of the direction and explain why they are considered insertions ? .

Baruch

So you want to get into formal scholastic text criticism?  Surely not.  Text criticism isn't acknowledged as legitimate by any religious authorities.  It hurts their ... authority.  And I am not an expert myself on text criticism, I rely on others scholarship.  Tom Holland for instance.  However text criticism has been helpful for atheists.  The myths regarding Jewish, Christian and Muslims scripture ... are Medieval fantasies.  They were written by real people, not by angels, not by G-d.  Inspiration is ... questionable as well.  These writings seem all to human.  You may gain from the following if you haven't already see it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x2SvqhfevE
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Ibn Khaldun

That is not an answer to my questions. you're dodging .why do you dodge ?

Your response failed to answer the questions. great pictures and and words . so what ?

Barouch don’t make this difficult.  lets get this done quickly . I have  no time to bandy words

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 20, 2017, 02:04:12 PM
So you want to get into formal scholastic text criticism?  Surely not.  Text criticism isn't acknowledged as legitimate by any religious authorities.  It hurts their ... authority.  And I am not an expert myself on text criticism, I rely on others scholarship.  Tom Holland for instance.  However text criticism has been helpful for atheists.  The myths regarding Jewish, Christian and Muslims scripture ... are Medieval fantasies.  They were written by real people, not by angels, not by G-d.  Inspiration is ... questionable as well.  These writings seem all to human.  You may gain from the following if you haven't already see it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x2SvqhfevE

The Pirates of Penzance?  Surely you jest.  No, and stop calling me shirley!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Ibn Khaldun on August 20, 2017, 02:12:20 PM
That is not an answer to my questions. you're dodging .why do you dodge ?

Your response failed to answer the questions. great pictures and and words . so what ?

Barouch don’t make this difficult.  lets get this done quickly . I have  no time to bandy words

What the imams or rabbis have to say about anything ... are lies.  Clergy are all liars.  Christian priests also.  I was married to clergy, I know.  So what clergy says that scripture means, or religious practice means ... it is all lies.  Either you have a direct connection to G-d without clergy or you are in jahiliyyah.  My speech is elliptical, because I don't want to call people out, for being the %&%^$ they actually are.  It isn't my place to do that.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 20, 2017, 02:22:56 PM
The Pirates of Penzance?  Surely you jest.  No, and stop calling me shirley!

Yes, it is a brilliant parody ... not that a fur ball like you would get that.  Study some Finkelstein sometime.  You should like him ... he has no respect for rabbinic authority!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 20, 2017, 02:25:14 PM
Yes, it is a brilliant parody ... not that a fur ball like you would get that.  Study some Finkelstein sometime.  You should like him ... he has no respect for rabbinic authority!

Ah the furballs and De Quervain's tenosynovitis.  One never knows, do one...  The connection obscurata...  Well. if you were here you'd be home by now. 

Ibn Khaldun

what do they say Barouch ? tell me  what do they say ? speak. say it .  whether they lied I'll be the judge of that  for  myself if you don't mind and others for  themselves

what I want to establish is the hundred of millions of Muslims  out there as to what they believe the sura says about Jews and Christians

this is not about you . this about Muslims and their esteemed scholars

c'mon say it  say it. this is  good for  you . 

Cavebear

Quote from: Ibn Khaldun on August 20, 2017, 02:33:22 PM
what do they say Barouch ? tell me  what do they say ? speak. say it .  whether they lied I'll be the judge of that  for  myself if you don't mind and others for  themselves

what I want to establish is the hundred of millions of Muslims  out there as to what they believe the sura says about Jews and Christians

this is not about you . this about Muslims and their esteemed scholars

c'mon say it  say it. this is  good for  you .

Do you have murder and mayhem on your mind?

Baruch

See #19 above.  Otherwise do your own homework or buzz off.  I wouldn't let my Hebrew students get away with your crap.  Sheik and bake.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 20, 2017, 02:35:49 PM
See #19 above.  Otherwise do your own homework or buzz off.  I wouldn't let my Hebrew students get away with your crap.  Sheik and bake.

Aw man, I had him ready to support violence...

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 20, 2017, 03:02:00 PM
Aw man, I had him ready to support violence...

Perhaps a self-hating Arab.  Self-hating Jew is a common stereotype too.  You really want to see his Catholic hand smacking his Muslim head?  Three Stooges ... but that is the holy Trinity ;-))
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 20, 2017, 03:04:17 PM
Perhaps a self-hating Arab.  Self-hating Jew is a common stereotype too.  You really want to see his Catholic hand smacking his Muslim head?  Three Stooges ... but that is the holy Trinity ;-))

I meant as a concept, not an event.  I just want to see him saying it...

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 20, 2017, 03:06:12 PM
I meant as a concept, not an event.  I just want to see him saying it...

He would, if you say something bad about Pope Francis ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 20, 2017, 03:11:58 PM
He would, if you say something bad about Pope Francis ;-(

Does a Pope Francis shit in the woods?