News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Islam and paganism.

Started by pr126, August 13, 2017, 04:48:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Yes, Islam isn't entirely original, and it is partly built on what came before.  Same as any other religion.  Also "paganism" shouldn't be a curse word anymore, particularly if you aren't even a monotheist yourself.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

That was pretty interesting.  But I even get bored with criticisms of theisms sometimes.

I'm more interested with what fellow atheists think of current events and how to solve current problems.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

pr126

You know, I am wondering about this hajj.
There are between 2 to 3 million believers in one place. Year after year.

What about sanitation? Where does all that sewage going?
The smell must be quite something.

And another thing. They also slaughtering tens of thousands of livestock.
Halal slaughter with rivers of blood.

Imagine an outbrake of a contagious disease that can be carried back to all the countries the  pilgrims come from.

Nightmare.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 14, 2017, 02:34:30 AM
That was pretty interesting.  But I even get bored with criticisms of theisms sometimes.

I'm more interested with what fellow atheists think of current events and how to solve current problems.

There are plenty of other strings where you can go worship Hillary etc ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on August 14, 2017, 05:32:03 AM

Imagine an outbrake of a contagious disease that can be carried back to all the countries the  pilgrims come from.

Nightmare.

Well we can just confine everyone to their houses.  You car and mine cause global warming ... what's the SA religious police to do?  Tell the royals to stop selling petroleum?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

pr126

I do not own a car, cannot drive.
Do farts cause global warming? Then I am guilty as charged.

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on August 14, 2017, 06:50:54 AM
I do not own a car, cannot drive.

No excuse, in the holy war against petroleum, you need to keep your neighbors from driving ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

pr126

This is odd.
Those “global warming” enthusiast have no intention to stop using fossil fuel until the last drop.

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on August 14, 2017, 06:54:00 AM
This is odd.
Those “global warming” enthusiast have no intention to stop using fossil fuel until the last drop.

That is what the conspiracy theorists think about Al Gore too, on this side of the Pond.  They just want a privileged class of car drivers ... not for the hoi polloi.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on August 14, 2017, 05:32:03 AM

Nightmare.

It take a theist to care about the haji...  LOL!  You are as nutso as the Islamists...

Do you know where the Europeans even GOT their ideas about sanitation? 

Ibn Khaldun

nothing doing so far. allow me then

Thanks pr152 . . Great video. Pro stuff.  Some money and expertise went into making it. Gainsaid  said but Lets hope the effort is  not wasted . too much to hope.

And gainsaid because no  dispute of worth was leveled . Barouch conceded except others also  were pagans shit borrowing. Cavebear talking usual nonsense. No Dr Seuss for him.  . 
What should follow it is treatment of the text in quran . Textual analysis of the text bearing on change of direction of prayer .learn to tear up the text.

two things

1-   The command to change the direction are verses that were inserted in the sura. Piece of cake to show that

2- The text includes Keys telling the reader what it is saying is false giving rise to the possibility the verses were written by someone who was forced to write them and afterwards disposed with .Sura was originally in syriac, christian stuff. its one thing for  Moahmmed to say this and that and it's another thing figuring a way to alter, modify and shove new  stuff into the manuscripts. there is where you look for the bluunders.

The Islamic official narrative shows once Mohammed assumed the reign of power he immediately disposed of bunch of locally based experts in the manuscripts. they drummed up some excuses for doing it.

Baruch

Evidence that ... the original Al Miraj was from a place in Mecca, not Jerusalem.  But it was "moved" to Jerusalem to satisfy Caliph Omar, who occupied it, and the Ummayads after him (they preferred Damascus as capital).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Hey, PR, you're a pagan to me.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Ibn Khaldun on August 18, 2017, 03:25:28 AM
nothing doing so far. allow me then

Thanks pr152 . . Great video. Pro stuff.  Some money and expertise went into making it. Gainsaid  said but Lets hope the effort is  not wasted . too much to hope.

And gainsaid because no  dispute of worth was leveled . Barouch conceded except others also  were pagans shit borrowing. Cavebear talking usual nonsense. No Dr Seuss for him.  . 
What should follow it is treatment of the text in quran . Textual analysis of the text bearing on change of direction of prayer .learn to tear up the text.

two things

1-   The command to change the direction are verses that were inserted in the sura. Piece of cake to show that

2- The text includes Keys telling the reader what it is saying is false giving rise to the possibility the verses were written by someone who was forced to write them and afterwards disposed with .Sura was originally in syriac, christian stuff. its one thing for  Moahmmed to say this and that and it's another thing figuring a way to alter, modify and shove new  stuff into the manuscripts. there is where you look for the bluunders.

The Islamic official narrative shows once Mohammed assumed the reign of power he immediately disposed of bunch of locally based experts in the manuscripts. they drummed up some excuses for doing it.

Gee and here I was bout to go to bed!  But this is too interesting... I'm wondering if these new Ibn guys are bots...