News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

All Islam all the time thread ...

Started by Baruch, August 12, 2017, 09:27:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ibn Khaldun

@Barouch. Everything is bias . naturally they’re . yes bias , and? and what?

The  article contains errors of facts , propaganda . 

the sources it uses are different from mine . I come by way of the negotiating table . what is put on the negotiating table is not relevant. What is said is not either . what is not put and what is not said is what is  negotiated and discussed. For example the bit about OMB building hospitals .

untold tens of billions of grants and thats  all the OMB can show . OMB peseants with donkey driven cart past  from the  rural areas living the life .not enviosu or anything here . rather amussed . btw they are fighting over money right now .
if the fund to build hospital/schools is in the west that is clean money . The Chieftain of the OMB would want that money untouched.  He pockets all that money. Not a single penny spent on the hospital . unclean laundered money pays partially for the hospital . the regime gets his cut and the regime cronies , all depts. of regime get their cuts .you can’t start a hospital just like that . that shit about building hospital goes on the negotiating table to process grants from west and line teh pocket of OMB cahoons.  . then come OMB employees . nature of license . Look dangerous talk . move on Barouch. You’ve no idea where it will lead you.

Hospitals and schools, you got to be kidding . such talk is not for little people.,

You say , no basis for discussion if so and so. Okay bye bye 

What’s wrong with you Barouch . what happened to you ? you open a post , you say come and then you say leave . are you out to drive people nuts ?

The term  is a  COMMON UNDERSTANDING OF THE PROPOSITIONS .the object is to reach a state of agreement or disagreement . without understanding   people can not be said to agree or disagree

Not the Torah. What you have to fence is the Secret Kalam for a start .

Okay prophet continue . do an exposition of those terms . tell the people what they are . Barouch I don’t know about you man.  why do that to yourself . go on write . tell us . spill , spill .

pr126

In Islam, there is no compromise or negotiations.
It is a zero sum game. There are only winners or losers.

There is such a thing as the hudna, and it is always temporary.
When Muslims feel strong enough, all bets are off.

Read Treaty of Hudabiyya.

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on August 13, 2017, 04:41:48 AM
It is a zero sum game. There are only winners or losers.

There is such a thing as the hudna, and it is always temporary.
When Muslims feel strong enough, all bets are off.

Read Treaty of Hudabiyya.

Yes, non-Muslims use armistice also.  That is why we are in deep shit in N Korea.  It was an armistice in 1953.  And most games and sports are win or lose also.  Gird up your loins man, you can only die once even if you are Julius Caesar.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

pr126

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on August 13, 2017, 10:48:35 AM
@ Baruch:

Way too much non-sequitur.

Rationality is itself a fallacy ... so calling X a fallacy, is simple disingenuity.

You seemed to be complaining that no peace treaty lasts.  Of course they don't.  If you aren't as stubborn as a Muslim, perhaps you ought to convert already.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

pr126

Baruch wrote:
QuoteYou seemed to be complaining that no peace treaty lasts.
No, that is not what I wrote.
This is what I wrote:

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on August 13, 2017, 01:00:50 PM
Baruch wrote:No, that is not what I wrote.
This is what I wrote:

This is true of any ideology, within the scope of the ideology.  If you accept Marxism for example, compromise with capitalism is self contradictory.  But then this is any closed mindedness .. vs open mindedness.  Being open minded is a subset of Western thinking, typically ... but primarily as a way to create an opening under an intellectual tyranny.  As soon as Enlightenment gained power, it became closed minded ... just as Scholasticism was.  This is part of rhetoric (in university terms) and part of politics.  If there were no power, and no politics ... then there would be no tyranny, and we wouldn't have to worry about any POV.  It has been noted that in modern physics, String Theory is a kind of tyranny of the mind, justified by academic power, not because of merit.

I happen to agree with you, that negotiation and compromise is a good thing.  But then I am not a puritan, I think of opponents, not enemies ... I don't demonize (except in rhetoric).  For a puritan, compromise and negotiation, with an enemy, is with evil, and is itself evil.  All you can do is annihilate ... like Hitler.  As part German, i can't see Hitler as anything but a horribly mistaken puritan, even if his notion of Aryanism was purely fictional.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on August 13, 2017, 01:00:50 PM
Baruch wrote:No, that is not what I wrote.
This is what I wrote:

When matters of existing on Earth are non-negiatable, theists don't care.  They just want the next world.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 14, 2017, 02:25:55 AM
When matters of existing on Earth are non-negiatable, theists don't care.  They just want the next world.

When you are miserable, you see no way out.  When you are a well funded government retiree ... then not so much.  Though I am happy for you, you aren't a poster boy for failure (often choosing the wrong parents is the first mistake).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 14, 2017, 06:40:12 AM
When you are miserable, you see no way out.  When you are a well funded government retiree ... then not so much.  Though I am happy for you, you aren't a poster boy for failure (often choosing the wrong parents is the first mistake).
Perhaps having good parents is better than good genes (until you leave home).  But tell that to someone with good parents and bad genes who dies young.  Or as YOU might say, "The children must retroactively choose their parents better as the angels would do in god's way"...

Isn't obscurity fascinating?

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 20, 2017, 11:26:28 AM
Perhaps having good parents is better than good genes (until you leave home).  But tell that to someone with good parents and bad genes who dies young.  Or as YOU might say, "The children must retroactively choose their parents better as the angels would do in god's way"...

Isn't obscurity fascinating?

Some say ... it is better to have not been born in the first place.  Others say, it is better to die young and famous (Achilles and Alexander).  I don't know many who look forward to old age.

Bad genes?  Don't talk to me, my daughter and the women in her ancestral line have bad genes.  My genes are pretty good.  And yes, good parents are to be honored.  We can only hope for good children ... parenting only goes so far, and usually we are incompetent at it.  Probably most of humanity has had bad genes and bad parents.  Tragedy runs very deep.

Obscurity?  As in "to obscure"?  Well, why would you cover things up? ;-)  Or did you mean anonymity?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 20, 2017, 11:54:39 AM
Some say ... it is better to have not been born in the first place.  Others say, it is better to die young and famous (Achilles and Alexander).  I don't know many who look forward to old age.

Bad genes?  Don't talk to me, my daughter and the women in her ancestral line have bad genes.  My genes are pretty good.  And yes, good parents are to be honored.  We can only hope for good children ... parenting only goes so far, and usually we are incompetent at it.  Probably most of humanity has had bad genes and bad parents.  Tragedy runs very deep.

Obscurity?  As in "to obscure"?  Well, why would you cover things up? ;-)  Or did you mean anonymity?

Sometimes it isn't.   Is it worthwhile to be be choking to death a few days to have been alive?  Some people wouldn't wish that on a rat but would  tiny human.

I do not "honor" my parents foe the genes they passed to me and 3 siblings.  One died young.  I won't.  The other 2 are gonna be in-betweeners.  Well, any of us could be hit by a bus...

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 20, 2017, 02:41:47 PM
Sometimes it isn't.   Is it worthwhile to be be choking to death a few days to have been alive?  Some people wouldn't wish that on a rat but would  tiny human.

I do not "honor" my parents foe the genes they passed to me and 3 siblings.  One died young.  I won't.  The other 2 are gonna be in-betweeners.  Well, any of us could be hit by a bus...

but there parents who raised you, genetic or not ... did they do a good job?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 20, 2017, 02:45:43 PM
but there parents who raised you, genetic or not ... did they do a good job?

If the child is dying, can you decide about the parents?

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 20, 2017, 02:59:05 PM
If the child is dying, can you decide about the parents?

Tragedy is what it is.  And no, the parents aren't too relevant at that point ... they didn't get the chance to be.  My wife's first pregnancy was miscarriage.  I still miss that child.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.