Yet another political quiz! (8values)

Started by Hydra009, August 11, 2017, 08:56:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: Cavebear on August 12, 2017, 04:31:35 PM
I google translated it and see all the words, but I don't understand the meaning.  I'll accept some elucidation.
It's a link
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Cavebear

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

The Skeletal Atheist

Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on August 12, 2017, 03:55:02 PM
You did.  But because I don't follow stereotype, I don't count ;-)
True.  Glad you noticed.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on August 12, 2017, 03:53:58 PM
Sorry fake poll is fake news ;-)
Is fake commentary on fake poll fake as well?
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cavebear

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Blackleaf

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 12, 2017, 03:30:31 PM
Too the quiz again, but with the viewpoint of the typical US christian.
Scored:
Markets 82.3
Nation   83.5
Authority 82.7
Tradition 84.5
Capitalist Fascism

This is what I think a typical Trump follower would score.

I could try to rewind my brain to the time before I came to my senses. Since it wasn't that long ago that my god glasses came off, I could take a crack at putting them back on for five minutes.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Mike Cl

Quote from: Blackleaf on August 13, 2017, 12:21:31 AM
I could try to rewind my brain to the time before I came to my senses. Since it wasn't that long ago that my god glasses came off, I could take a crack at putting them back on for five minutes.
I was trying to do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 13, 2017, 12:30:12 AM
I was trying to do that.

So you were in the Hitler Youth, in your youth ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

With my god glasses on, I got Right-Wing Populism. I don't know what that means, but here are my axes:

Economic: Market - 64.6% markets

Diplomatic: Patriotic - 73.4% nation

Civil: Statist - 68.8% authority

Societal: Traditional - 73.9% tradition

Looking back at my original results, my position on the economic axis flipped exactly to the opposite, from 64.6% markets to 64.6% equality. This makes sense. When I was a Christian, I believed that the government was chocking the economy, and that the less the governmental regulation the better. I also believed that in the world, there were winners and losers, and trying to make losers equal to winners would just make everyone losers.

I never really felt very patriotic, though, so I'm surprised by the result I got this time. I was loyal to God first, and my nation barely factored into that. I may have believed that my country was the best available option, but I didn't think ours was that great either. And I didn't have hope that the nation would improve, since the Bible basically says that the world would becoming completely depraved by the time Jesus came back. Our nation was turning against God, and nothing we could do would stop prophecy from coming true. Now, I still think America sucks, but for different reasons. We're just playing catch up to the older, more secular nations.

On the civil axis, I've flipped on that one as well. I used to believe that religion had every right to be in politics. So long as the religious vote outnumbered the secular vote, that was the will of the people. This meant that it was a Christian's duty to vote according to Biblical principles, to keep the nations policies consistent with God's higher moral standards. Now I want religion GTFO of politics and stop shoving their beliefs down everyone else's throats.

This ties into the social axis as well. I saw "progress" as an affront to God that should be resisted. Homosexuality, same-sex marriage, abortions, all of things were immoral and should be made outlawed. Now I say that if you don't think two people of the same sex should be married, don't marry someone who is your sex. As for everyone else, we do not have to live out lives around anyone's beliefs.
--Fulke Greville--

Hydra009

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 12, 2017, 03:30:31 PM
Too the quiz again, but with the viewpoint of the typical US christian.
Scored:
Markets 82.3
Nation   83.5
Authority 82.7
Tradition 84.5
Capitalist Fascism

This is what I think a typical Trump follower would score.
I was a thread over at r/the_Donald and one of them got nazi.  This fact was supposed to show that the test was bad but I dunno...

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on August 13, 2017, 01:06:24 AM
With my god glasses on, I got Right-Wing Populism. I don't know what that means, but here are my axes:

Economic: Market - 64.6% markets

Diplomatic: Patriotic - 73.4% nation

Civil: Statist - 68.8% authority

Societal: Traditional - 73.9% tradition

Looking back at my original results, my position on the economic axis flipped exactly to the opposite, from 64.6% markets to 64.6% equality. This makes sense. When I was a Christian, I believed that the government was chocking the economy, and that the less the governmental regulation the better. I also believed that in the world, there were winners and losers, and trying to make losers equal to winners would just make everyone losers.

I never really felt very patriotic, though, so I'm surprised by the result I got this time. I was loyal to God first, and my nation barely factored into that. I may have believed that my country was the best available option, but I didn't think ours was that great either. And I didn't have hope that the nation would improve, since the Bible basically says that the world would becoming completely depraved by the time Jesus came back. Our nation was turning against God, and nothing we could do would stop prophecy from coming true. Now, I still think America sucks, but for different reasons. We're just playing catch up to the older, more secular nations.

On the civil axis, I've flipped on that one as well. I used to believe that religion had every right to be in politics. So long as the religious vote outnumbered the secular vote, that was the will of the people. This meant that it was a Christian's duty to vote according to Biblical principles, to keep the nations policies consistent with God's higher moral standards. Now I want religion GTFO of politics and stop shoving their beliefs down everyone else's throats.

This ties into the social axis as well. I saw "progress" as an affront to God that should be resisted. Homosexuality, same-sex marriage, abortions, all of things were immoral and should be made outlawed. Now I say that if you don't think two people of the same sex should be married, don't marry someone who is your sex. As for everyone else, we do not have to live out lives around anyone's beliefs.

Well, you described your former life as rather Protestant Fundie ... so this shouldn't come as a surprise, that at least in terms of typical American serious religious POV, you scored that way (the second time as an experiment).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Hydra009 on August 13, 2017, 05:25:37 AM
I was a thread over at r/the_Donald and one of them got nazi.  This fact was supposed to show that the test was bad but I dunno...

Sounds accurate to me.
--Fulke Greville--

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

In 1940 half the US was anti-Semite.  Germany came to the US to study euthanasia programs in the 30s.  That is just the way it was ... and mostly still is.  Choose a different planet next time you reincarnate.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.