Any mutual understanding should be among atheists other than atheism?

Started by SoldierofFortune, August 11, 2017, 02:20:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aitm

I wouldn't let any of you fuckers near my dog, let alone me......okay that was wrong......I would let you near me,,,but not my dog.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Cavebear

Quote from: aitm on August 12, 2017, 04:17:16 PM
I wouldn't let any of you fuckers near my dog, let alone me......okay that was wrong......I would let you near me,,,but not my dog.

OMC, don't crack up or get pissed, but I actually came to think of you as your avatar!  Not that I would expect anyone to think of me as mine, but well, it's all I know of you.  OK, now I'm gonna just stare at my shoes in utter embarrassment...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on August 11, 2017, 07:37:59 PM
Implying Democrats? ;-)  With identity politics, it is more like a large cluster of small tents.
I was implying nothing of the sort.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Sylar

Speaking out against persecution of atheists is something that unites all atheists, besides lack of belief in deities.

No atheist wishes people were persecuted for their atheism, I would think.

In some countries the persecution is mild, extending no further than being disowned by family or shunned by small-town community (of course, neither is mild for the atheist). In others, atheism means death.
"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." --Oscar Wilde

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 15, 2017, 05:03:37 PM
I don't know about that:

17 Kinds of Atheism

That is another group, a larger survey, not this particular community.  And ... one particular definition is often used in argument here ... not that it is wrong.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Sorginak

Quote from: Baruch on August 15, 2017, 06:57:48 PM
That is another group, a larger survey, not this particular community.  And ... one particular definition is often used in argument here ... not that it is wrong.

Be careful with that "w" word, for stating something is wrong may very well lead to you being wrong.

Baruch

Quote from: Sorginak on August 15, 2017, 06:59:17 PM
Be careful with that "w" word, for stating something is wrong may very well lead to you being wrong.

If there isn't more than one definition for everything, then there should be.  Don't be narrow minded.  And I know I am wrong, I revel in it.  Wrong, not bad ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

I've been involved in too many arguments about the definition of  "atheism" over decades to want to get involved in another.  It is a useless debate.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!