Author Topic: Eclipse Plans  (Read 484 times)

Online Baruch

Re: Eclipse Plans
« Reply #90 on: August 17, 2017, 02:50:11 PM »
More could of, should of?  You could have been the Pope (not).
שלום

« Reply #91 on: Today at 03:16:02 PM »
Well this will be my view of the eclipse.

That's the view through my room window here in Kwajalein. Not what I'd hoped for when I started planning for this event, but I guess it's better than some places I could have ended up.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

« Reply #92 on: Today at 03:32:38 PM »
Suffer, dude.

And remember, we're doing it again in 2024.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Offline SGOS

« Reply #93 on: Today at 03:51:51 PM »
Well this will be my view of the eclipse.

(Image removed from quote.)

That's the view through my room window here in Kwajalein. Not what I'd hoped for when I started planning for this event, but I guess it's better than some places I could have ended up.
I can't say I feel sorry for you.

« Reply #94 on: Today at 04:16:32 PM »
I can't say I feel sorry for you.

I just came back from breakfast at the mess hall. My first meal since I got here. You should feel sorry for me. I'll be eating a lot of ramen for the next 3 weeks.

If I can get them...

« Reply #95 on: Today at 05:11:55 PM »
I just came back from breakfast at the mess hall. My first meal since I got here. You should feel sorry for me. I'll be eating a lot of ramen for the next 3 weeks.

If I can get them...
In the late 60's, some members of my unit 'got' to go TDY to Kwajalein for a several days.  Luckily, I was not selected.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent,
Is he able but not willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able or willing?
Then why call him god?

« Reply #96 on: Today at 05:56:55 PM »
In the late 60's, some members of my unit 'got' to go TDY to Kwajalein for a several days.  Luckily, I was not selected.

In the late 60s it was probably nicer than it is now. Most of the infrastructure was built in the 50s and 60s so it would have been relatively new then. This is not a gentle environment. Most of the structures are 50 to 60 years old and have had very little little maintenance over the years beyond emergency repairs. The place is pretty run down. Some of it is bordering on falling down.

« Reply #97 on: Today at 06:09:40 PM »
In the late 60s it was probably nicer than it is now. Most of the infrastructure was built in the 50s and 60s so it would have been relatively new then. This is not a gentle environment. Most of the structures are 50 to 60 years old and have had very little little maintenance over the years beyond emergency repairs. The place is pretty run down. Some of it is bordering on falling down.
Hope you brought books, and a safety hat.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent,
Is he able but not willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able or willing?
Then why call him god?