News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Eclipse Plans

Started by trdsf, August 10, 2017, 12:50:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

In 2024 I will be tandem jumping during the totality.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

SGOS

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on August 24, 2017, 11:30:16 PM
In 2024 I will be tandem jumping during the totality.
Those friends I referred to earlier said where they were at, there were some divers coming down during totality.  I can't imagine.  I didn't even take pictures during totality because I didn't want to be distracted by anything else.

Cavebear

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on August 21, 2017, 04:09:48 PM
I just got back from seeing it. My plans went off without a hitch.

It was truly awesome! A partial eclipse simply doesn't compare to a total eclipse!

Woot!

No wonder ancient people started beating drums and shit.

The total would have been awesome!  I just assumed that whereever I went would have been cloudy, LOL!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 11, 2017, 04:02:44 PM
I went to an eclipse in 1979, up in Washington state. Got clouded out - but it did get dark, at least. This one I'll just get the partial, and be happy with it.

I read a joke before the eclipse.  Said if you weren't sure your eclipse glasses were safe, try them at night first.  At least I HOPE that was a joke...

Of course that is just light bent over the gravity well now...

trdsf

This was, alas, the best image I could get as the sun re-emerged from THAT STUPID FUCKING CLOUD.

I still need to go through my other camera, but I don't think I've done much better than this.  Which was not what I wanted to see.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on September 07, 2017, 10:41:17 AM
This was, alas, the best image I could get as the sun re-emerged from THAT STUPID FUCKING CLOUD.

I still need to go through my other camera, but I don't think I've done much better than this.  Which was not what I wanted to see.

Mine looked just like yours...

Cavebear

Sal1981

In 2015 there was an eclipse here in Faroe Islands, but it was cloudy where I was. Got slightly dark for 5 minutes (similar to dusk/dawn) and bright again. Back then people also talked about Jesus coming back and end of the world and whatnot.

Cavebear

Quote from: Sal1981 on September 11, 2017, 06:36:12 AM
In 2015 there was an eclipse here in Faroe Islands, but it was cloudy where I was. Got slightly dark for 5 minutes (similar to dusk/dawn) and bright again. Back then people also talked about Jesus coming back and end of the world and whatnot.
The superstitious WILL be that way...