News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Eclipse Plans

Started by trdsf, August 10, 2017, 12:50:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

Was it on the bus, or did you just put it in the refrigerator?

Gawdzilla Sama

It was fucking Kermit?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: SGOS on August 14, 2017, 06:38:52 PM
Shit, I haven't looked there yet.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Mike Cl

Quote from: trdsf on August 14, 2017, 06:15:55 PM
I FOUND MY FUCKING WALLET!!!!!!

I always thought there was something wrong with that fucking frog!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 14, 2017, 07:20:21 PM

Normally Miss Piggy would just pull out the cash and leave it where she found it.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 14, 2017, 07:20:21 PM
Oh, Oh!!!  I clean forgot about Miss Piggy.  I hope she does not read what I said...................
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

trdsf

Quote from: SGOS on August 14, 2017, 06:38:52 PM
It was in my own room, in a place it had no business being.  I was lucky to spot it -- and luckier that I hadn't started the gears turning to get all my old cards disabled and all.  Vacation is saved!
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 14, 2017, 10:06:20 PM
Oh, Oh!!!  I clean forgot about Miss Piggy.  I hope she does not read what I said...................

She likes fucking frogs '=)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: trdsf on August 14, 2017, 10:33:39 PM
It was in my own room, in a place it had no business being.  I was lucky to spot it -- and luckier that I hadn't started the gears turning to get all my old cards disabled and all.  Vacation is saved!
You should get one of those shock collars for it, teach where it can and cannot go.
PZ Myers

trdsf

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on August 15, 2017, 08:47:14 AM
You should get one of those shock collars for it, teach where it can and cannot go.
That was the worst of it, knowing I couldn't blame the cat for its misplacement... it was obviously something I did, either in a moment of decision ("I'll put it right there so I can't miss it!") or a moment of distraction ("ooo, shiny...").
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: trdsf on August 15, 2017, 10:07:33 AM
That was the worst of it, knowing I couldn't blame the cat for its misplacement... it was obviously something I did, either in a moment of decision ("I'll put it right there so I can't miss it!") or a moment of distraction ("ooo, shiny...").
I never do that. Except constantly.

"Honey, where's the machete?"

"You found a clever place to put it, didn't you?"
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: trdsf on August 15, 2017, 10:07:33 AM

You haven't lived, until you find your missing glasses on your nose ... damn, shouldn't have cleaned the lenses ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

How about when you lose yourself?  Like standing in a room and thinking "Where the hell is this?  Oh yeah, the living room."  At least when I found myself my wallet was there.

Gawdzilla Sama

Need reading glasses. Have seven pairs. Five room house.
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on August 14, 2017, 09:00:30 AM
Actually, Walmart and Lowe's have both laid in huge stocks; to the best of my knowledge, they are still available, and they are the ISO 12312-2 certified ones.  I laid in a stash for my cow-orkers, who will have to experience partiality rather than totality, and a couple pairs for myself so I could cannibalize one into being solar filters for my digital camera.

A good reason to visit Walmart.  If I get two, I could cover my camera lens with one and maybe get a decent picture and the other to look at it myself.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!