News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Cassini's final moments

Started by PopeyesPappy, September 15, 2017, 07:50:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on September 19, 2017, 05:46:14 AM
Well, nuclear energy. All other forms of energy will not be enough to power the world’s need.
Wind, wave, solar, bio fuel is not really enough.
They will have to work on it.

Nuclear works for me.  But I like wind and solar.  Bio is a trick.  I used to like that thinking they were using the corn STALKS after the corn was harvested until I learned it was the ears they were using.  Food for fuel is not the best idea when people are starving.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: pr126 on September 19, 2017, 04:19:10 AM
There is no denial about the climate change. It is changing all the time.

The question is whether it is a natural occurrence as it happened periodically for eons, (sun activity, orbital deviance, the tilt of the planet, etc.) or is it man-made.

The hard right is worried about AGW because it might cost them money. Therefore it doesn't exist.

Sound scientific thinking in action.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on September 19, 2017, 06:50:19 AM
The hard right is worried about AGW because it might cost them money. Therefore it doesn't exist.

Sound scientific thinking in action.

AGW?

Cavebear

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on September 19, 2017, 06:59:23 AM
AGW?
Anthropogenic Global Warming. If it's man-made then we can at least try to correct, but it will cost money, and the hard right is nothing if not selfish.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on September 19, 2017, 01:39:48 PM
Anthropogenic Global Warming. If it's man-made then we can at least try to correct, but it will cost money, and the hard right is nothing if not selfish.

Thanks. I guess I just assumed the Anthropomorphic without getting the A.  Got the Global Warming...