Is it possible to reform Atheism ?

Started by Ibn Khaldun, August 10, 2017, 08:30:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ibn Khaldun

barouch tashkhbata fi shakhat al khota

Baruch

Quote from: Ibn Khaldun on August 20, 2017, 04:27:52 PM
barouch tashkhbata fi shakhat al khota

I am not a slave, and you don't work for Master Card.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Ibn Khaldun

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 20, 2017, 04:27:11 PM
Cave and I now both realize we are Enlightened ... we have to outshine each other ;-))

I can only cast a reflection of the 5 primary colors...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Ibn Khaldun on August 20, 2017, 04:30:09 PM
you picked up on the zoo ? right?

That isn't how Google Translate says it "Lose your credit card fee" ... must be something lost in the translation ... but that is normal ;-)  Or maybe your dialect isn't MSA.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Ibn Khaldun

barouch . i think you should  think more in terms  of  depends .... lest your posts exit from their real   place and stink the place

Baruch

Quote from: Ibn Khaldun on August 20, 2017, 04:39:15 PM
barouch . i think you should  think more in terms  of  depends .... lest your posts exit from their real   place and stink the place

Don't worry, the other Zen master has cut the cat in two and retired for his long Winter nap.  And I have business to do.  The floor is yours.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Ibn Khaldun on August 20, 2017, 02:01:42 PM
Barouch what you find as fault or not is irrelevant .you do not  speak for Islam or Muslims
what is the consensus among scholars of all schools . what do all the schools of islam teach Muslims about the sura  ? what do Muslims believe the sura says about jews and Christians

what does wikipedia whom you cited often as your source says about the sura  regarding what Muslims  believe it says about jews and christians  ? .

surely and expert in islam like you can tell me
What difference does it make?  Consensus--that's it??  So, if all the experts about Bugs Bunny come together and come to a consensus of who and what Bugs is makes it so?  God has to have a consensus?  It seems to me that a consensus about Bugs Bunny and god is the same; meaningless for the real world.  Why?  Because both are fictions.  And so a consensus is reached about a fiction.  So what?
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Sorginak

The word "reform" in this OP reminds me of a signature I use on another site.

"Religion can never reform mankind because religion is slavery." -RGI

Ibn Khaldun

@Mike. consensus means sharia . refer to my sharia post . its a source of sharia .it establishes sharia

pay attention. work on it . one day you might get it and cease from wasting peoples' time .

good luck

Mike Cl

Quote from: Ibn Khaldun on August 20, 2017, 06:35:13 PM
@Mike. consensus means sharia . refer to my sharia post . its a source of sharia .it establishes sharia

pay attention. work on it . one day you might get it and cease from wasting peoples' time .

good luck
Nope--it's what I do--waste time.  Your's if I can--but I can only if you go along with it.

But, Ibn, get you head out of the sand (or wherever it is) and understand you are on an atheist site.  Atheists all understand--and know--that your god (Allah or God--guess you can't make up your mind) is a fiction.  There are no god(s).  Wake up Ibn.  We don't really give a shit what consensus believers reach--that consensus is still a fiction.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Unbeliever

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 20, 2017, 06:10:53 PM
What difference does it make?  Consensus--that's it??  So, if all the experts about Bugs Bunny come together and come to a consensus of who and what Bugs is makes it so?  God has to have a consensus?  It seems to me that a consensus about Bugs Bunny and god is the same; meaningless for the real world.  Why?  Because both are fictions.  And so a consensus is reached about a fiction.  So what?

Bugs Bunny and God may both be fictions, but I don't consider them to be the same. Bugs Bunny is a fiction intended to make people laugh and have fun, but God is a fiction intended to control people and stifle free thought - to rob them of any true spirituality.

That's a pretty big difference, IMO.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

Quote from: Ibn Khaldun on August 20, 2017, 06:35:13 PM

good luck

Why must you be so arrogant, and talk to the people here as if they're children who need your guidance or instruction?

I suppose it helps you to feel more important, huh?

In other words:

fuck you, punk!
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman