News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Is it possible to reform Atheism ?

Started by Ibn Khaldun, August 10, 2017, 08:30:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 23, 2017, 05:24:07 AM
So, what is "hell" to you (in the afterlife)?

This is the afterlife.  If you like it, you are in Heaven, if you don't like it, you are in Hell.  Heaven/Hell is a reaction to circumstances, like all other value judgements.  It isn't a location per se, because Heaven/Hell is where "you" are.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 23, 2017, 07:04:57 AM
We wrote the Bible, and it is all lies.  Draw your own conclusions ;-)

Gee, I thought *I* was on "the bible is all lies" side from the start.  Welcome aboard the bus...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 23, 2017, 07:06:28 AM
This is the afterlife.  If you like it, you are in Heaven, if you don't like it, you are in Hell.  Heaven/Hell is a reaction to circumstances, like all other value judgements.  It isn't a location per se, because Heaven/Hell is where "you" are.

I know most theists won't agree with you on that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 23, 2017, 07:09:47 AM
I know most theists won't agree with you on that.

Most people are idiots, including most theists.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 23, 2017, 07:07:43 AM
Gee, I thought *I* was on "the bible is all lies" side from the start.  Welcome aboard the bus...

You don't know me well, in spite of your many posts.  Don't listen well?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 23, 2017, 07:21:33 AM
You don't know me well, in spite of your many posts.  Don't listen well?

On the contrary.  You keep justifying religious beliefs.  I've learned you can't hide it.

But it could also be because you like to offer inane responses to serious posts...  Only you can know that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 23, 2017, 07:29:22 AM
On the contrary.  You keep justifying religious beliefs.  I've learned you can't hide it.

But it could also be because you like to offer inane responses to serious posts...  Only you can know that.

I am the only serious poster here ;-)  And yes, I now myself, I am like Descartes.  D'accorde?

I have no need to justify my beliefs.  I don't have any.  My hand on my arm that types this, isn't a belief system, it is a fact.  And I don't hide facts.  I do point out the complete Matrix views of others though.  They think they are free of the Matrix, but they aren't even close.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 23, 2017, 10:14:51 PM
I am the only serious poster here ;-)  And yes, I now myself, I am like Descartes.  D'accorde?

I have no need to justify my beliefs.  I don't have any.  My hand on my arm that types this, isn't a belief system, it is a fact.  And I don't hide facts.  I do point out the complete Matrix views of others though.  They think they are free of the Matrix, but they aren't even close.

I am sorry to tell you this, but you are one of the least serious posters here.  Your posts are mostly bad jokes, sarcasm, and indirection.  You add almost nothing to the factual discussions, and are many ignore lists.  I think you should reconsider your status here.  You are more "tolerated" than respected.

I have tried to engage you at various times in various ways.  None have been successful.  I think I may just give up the attempt.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 27, 2017, 04:20:25 AM
I am sorry to tell you this, but you are one of the least serious posters here.  Your posts are mostly bad jokes, sarcasm, and indirection.  You add almost nothing to the factual discussions, and are many ignore lists.  I think you should reconsider your status here.  You are more "tolerated" than respected.

I have tried to engage you at various times in various ways.  None have been successful.  I think I may just give up the attempt.

The discussions in the baking section, are factual.  Not the ones in the religion section or ideology section (politics).  Sometimes the baking section posts even have pictures of the results.  But I don't cook.  You engage ... by trying to convert me to your position.  You are an Evangelical.  You would have me deny my hand that is typing this ... in favor of an ancient nihilism, a meme, that you have, but deny having.  And I am not concerned about status ... I am not Donald Trump ;-)  On occasion, you or other posters, actually say something real, the real you, not the poser that is projected out onto the Internet.  But this is the real me, always has been.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 27, 2017, 07:00:55 AM
The discussions in the baking section, are factual.  Not the ones in the religion section or ideology section (politics).  Sometimes the baking section posts even have pictures of the results.  But I don't cook.  You engage ... by trying to convert me to your position.  You are an Evangelical.  You would have me deny my hand that is typing this ... in favor of an ancient nihilism, a meme, that you have, but deny having.  And I am not concerned about status ... I am not Donald Trump ;-)  On occasion, you or other posters, actually say something real, the real you, not the poser that is projected out onto the Internet.  But this is the real me, always has been.

Evangical is about spreading belief systems.  The Saturday or Sunday door-bangers are evangical  I don't chose to engage them, they invade MY space.

Here, we are discussing, and that is a very big difference.  Both you and I can leave this forum at any time. 

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 27, 2017, 07:18:25 AM
Evangical is about spreading belief systems.  The Saturday or Sunday door-bangers are evangical  I don't chose to engage them, they invade MY space.

Here, we are discussing, and that is a very big difference.  Both you and I can leave this forum at any time.

And you can kick the JWs off your porch anytime.  And yes, we discuss, we don't argue.  Arguing gets nobody anywhere ... once egos are engaged.  You spread the belief system of Tomorrowland.  And I liked that Disney movie BTW.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 27, 2017, 07:26:46 AM
And you can kick the JWs off your porch anytime.  And yes, we discuss, we don't argue.  Arguing gets nobody anywhere ... once egos are engaged.  You spread the belief system of Tomorrowland.  And I liked that Disney movie BTW.

Tomrrowland never comes.  It is always "just in the future".

Mahmoude

People in general should thank atheism as it makes them think and ponder about their beliefs and values!
I believe in a God that does not exist!

Cavebear

Quote from: Mahmoude on November 22, 2017, 12:12:14 PM
People in general should thank atheism as it makes them think and ponder about their beliefs and values!

Indeed, what would a belief be without some opposition?