Author Topic: Pastor Hillary ...  (Read 385 times)

Re: Pastor Hillary ...
« Reply #60 on: August 14, 2017, 03:21:31 PM »
she could be the perfect person for several positions.

God Not Found
"I'd watch a Catholic more closely than an atheist if booze was involved. An atheist doesn't have to wonder if it's possible to get drunk on the Blood of Jesus."
Blackleaf

« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2017, 03:25:27 PM »
I am what I am (says Popeye
Yeah, but he was quoting Yahweh...
God Not Found
"I'd watch a Catholic more closely than an atheist if booze was involved. An atheist doesn't have to wonder if it's possible to get drunk on the Blood of Jesus."
Blackleaf

« Reply #62 on: August 14, 2017, 05:02:56 PM »
Yeah, but he was quoting Yahweh...
Welll................Popeye 'could' be Jewish---couldn't he???????
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent,
Is he able but not willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able or willing?
Then why call him god?

Online Baruch (OP)

« Reply #63 on: August 14, 2017, 05:54:43 PM »
Welll................Popeye 'could' be Jewish---couldn't he???????

Spinach is definitely kosher ... but Jonah proves that Jews aren't sailors ;-)
שלום

« Reply #64 on: August 15, 2017, 02:34:30 PM »
Yeah, neither was this guy:

God Not Found
Blackleaf

Online Baruch (OP)

« Reply #65 on: August 15, 2017, 06:54:41 PM »
I guess that Odysseus didn't want to respond to the call of the police sirens ;-)
שלום

Offline Cavebear

« Reply #66 on: August 17, 2017, 04:24:21 AM »
No, I think Trump has NO actual beliefs, neither religious nor atheist.  He believes just in himself and his internal self-protecting thoughts.

I think he lives in an internal loop in his mind.

He plays through it so constantly that, when he actually speaks, it has gone around in his mind hundreds of times.  So when he actually speaks, he is just unspooling what has been in his sick brain for decades of repetition.

Now here's something to REALLY think about.

When Trump read the statement that his staff and advisors pushed him to make about the neo-nazis and White Sumpremists being wrong, he hated that.  And when freed to lecture reportors the next day, he really said what he thought.  That there was an "alt-left" just like the alt right nazis!

And worse, his staff admitted that he was only saying in support of the alt-right what he had said to them all in private and only was in trouble "because he said what he believed". 

Get over THAT!

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead

Online Baruch (OP)

« Reply #67 on: August 17, 2017, 03:15:57 PM »
So like George W, you know what a national leader is thinking, by looking into their eyes?  There was an old movie "The President's Analyst" ... a comic thriller where the CIA and KGB both worked against Ma Bell ... who was the real enemy.
שלום

« Reply #68 on: August 18, 2017, 06:58:46 PM »
Yeah, I guess those who oppose hate and bigotry are just as bad as those who espouse hate and bigotry - at least in Chump's mind.
God Not Found
Blackleaf

Online Baruch (OP)

« Reply #69 on: August 18, 2017, 08:12:04 PM »
Yeah, I guess those who oppose hate and bigotry are just as bad as those who espouse hate and bigotry - at least in Chump's mind.

I don't see him as a paragon of clear thinking.  On the other hand, I think that I have to equivocate on just about anything ... there are times when it is appropriate to fear, to hate, and to kill.  Bigotry not so much.  There are two kinds of people ... those I hate and those I don't.  So which group do I belong to?
שלום