Quote from: Mike Cl on August 13, 2017, 01:58:29 PM
I am what I am (says Popeye
Yeah, but he was quoting Yahweh...
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Mike Cl

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 14, 2017, 03:25:27 PM
Yeah, but he was quoting Yahweh...
Welll................Popeye 'could' be Jewish---couldn't he???????
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 14, 2017, 05:02:56 PM
Welll................Popeye 'could' be Jewish---couldn't he???????

Spinach is definitely kosher ... but Jonah proves that Jews aren't sailors ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Yeah, neither was this guy:

God Not Found

Baruch

I guess that Odysseus didn't want to respond to the call of the police sirens ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

No, I think Trump has NO actual beliefs, neither religious nor atheist.  He believes just in himself and his internal self-protecting thoughts.

I think he lives in an internal loop in his mind.

He plays through it so constantly that, when he actually speaks, it has gone around in his mind hundreds of times.  So when he actually speaks, he is just unspooling what has been in his sick brain for decades of repetition.

Now here's something to REALLY think about.

When Trump read the statement that his staff and advisors pushed him to make about the neo-nazis and White Sumpremists being wrong, he hated that.  And when freed to lecture reportors the next day, he really said what he thought.  That there was an "alt-left" just like the alt right nazis!

And worse, his staff admitted that he was only saying in support of the alt-right what he had said to them all in private and only was in trouble "because he said what he believed". 

Get over THAT!

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

So like George W, you know what a national leader is thinking, by looking into their eyes?  There was an old movie "The President's Analyst" ... a comic thriller where the CIA and KGB both worked against Ma Bell ... who was the real enemy.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Yeah, I guess those who oppose hate and bigotry are just as bad as those who espouse hate and bigotry - at least in Chump's mind.
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 18, 2017, 06:58:46 PM
Yeah, I guess those who oppose hate and bigotry are just as bad as those who espouse hate and bigotry - at least in Chump's mind.

I don't see him as a paragon of clear thinking.  On the other hand, I think that I have to equivocate on just about anything ... there are times when it is appropriate to fear, to hate, and to kill.  Bigotry not so much.  There are two kinds of people ... those I hate and those I don't.  So which group do I belong to?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

There are two kinds of people in the world - those who divide the world into two kinds of people and those who don't.
God Not Found

Sorginak

I think Hillary would make a better pastor than Trump makes a president, though she would also have made a better president than him too.

Baruch

Quote from: Sorginak on August 19, 2017, 11:50:30 PM
I think Hillary would make a better pastor than Trump makes a president, though she would also have made a better president than him too.

Jesus would make a better Jew than either of us ... but that doesn't count for much.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Sorginak

Quote from: Baruch on August 20, 2017, 12:42:37 AM
Jesus would make a better Jew than either of us ... but that doesn't count for much.

It counts for the fact that Jesus is not real.

Atheon

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca