News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Pastor Hillary ...

Started by Baruch, August 08, 2017, 07:17:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

QuoteBut do you have to carry this 50 years into your future?

There is no choice. I am much younger than Mike, but I feel like I can relate; when I was about 14, I watched a truck drag an African American down main street (pretty much the only "street" in a town of about 3000). That's not a choice of if I want that to be part of my identity; there are some things that stay with you no matter what. I spent my first 15 years surrounded by extremely prejudiced people, against both African Americans and other minorities... some of which I belonged to without them knowing. I had my last name changed when I was around 5 to avoid bullying and to be assumed as white... again, that's not something I can "choose" to carry with me, that is what makes me, me.

And like Mike, I think this has to be carried into the future, it's not something you can just pick and choose like, "Do I want chicken or beef today?" or, "What is my favorite sports team?". When people are actively being at least heavily discriminated against, at worst killed as public spectacles, it takes a really morally bankrupt person to say, "Meh.". 
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on August 13, 2017, 04:34:24 PM
There is no choice. I am much younger than Mike, but I feel like I can relate; when I was about 14, I watched a truck drag an African American down main street (pretty much the only "street" in a town of about 3000). That's not a choice of if I want that to be part of my identity; there are some things that stay with you no matter what. I spent my first 15 years surrounded by extremely prejudiced people, against both African Americans and other minorities... some of which I belonged to without them knowing. I had my last name changed when I was around 5 to avoid bullying and to be assumed as white... again, that's not something I can "choose" to carry with me, that is what makes me, me.

And like Mike, I think this has to be carried into the future, it's not something you can just pick and choose like, "Do I want chicken or beef today?" or, "What is my favorite sports team?". When people are actively being at least heavily discriminated against, at worst killed as public spectacles, it takes a really morally bankrupt person to say, "Meh.".

If one is unhappy being an ape person, then you will always be unhappy.  So, you were in that Texas town where they did that horrific murder of the retarded Black man, who wasn't hurting anyone?  Or you claiming you were in the street watching it happen?  I believe it actually happened on a rural road.  That is a bad town to be in.  Mara gangsters did the same thing to a girlfriend who snitched on them, on the highway S of Denver, several years later.  Are you gong to make war on Central America ... or just Red Necks?  And yes, I have always passed as White ... so I won't ever have the experience of being unavoidably discriminated against ... at least most places in the US.  Though technically, in the South, as Jewish, I don't count as White.  So I keep my yarmulka to myself.

You, Mike et al are "most likely to join a Left-wing version of ISIS" award winners.  He is older and White, so has less excuse.  Younger people tend to be radical, until they burn it out of their system.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on August 13, 2017, 09:21:44 PM

You, Mike et al are "most likely to join a Left-wing version of ISIS" award winners.  He is older and White, so has less excuse.  Younger people tend to be radical, until they burn it out of their system.
Well, it does seem that that foam coming from you mouth is mostly made up of shit.  You have no idea what I'd do or what I'd join.  You love to make these sweeping generalizations and then apply them to specific people.  And yet you suggest we are all unique.  I guess you think you are uniquely gifted and can see into the mind of everybody you want to.   
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Shiranu

I don't think being morally opposed to people being executed for being black is a large indicator of being a potential violent radical.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 13, 2017, 09:41:22 PM
Well, it does seem that that foam coming from you mouth is mostly made up of shit.  You have no idea what I'd do or what I'd join.  You love to make these sweeping generalizations and then apply them to specific people.  And yet you suggest we are all unique.  I guess you think you are uniquely gifted and can see into the mind of everybody you want to.

KKK ... filled with hate.  Mike ... filled with hate?  If so, you are more similar than you let on.  And I am only basing any observation, on your own words.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on August 13, 2017, 10:27:27 PM
I don't think being morally opposed to people being executed for being black is a large indicator of being a potential violent radical.

Agreed.  And if you oppose all execution .. good for you.  Overly violent police are ... bad.  But demonstrations are orchestrated, sometimes by the very forces that the demonstrators oppose (false flag) in order to create an incident.  Now I am not opposed to all demonstrations ... but I do urge caution both for participants, opponents and passers by.  Or would y'all want a repeat of Kent State?  There are people who would love to do that again.  Please don't encourage them.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

PickelledEggs

Sometimes, baruch, I wonder what the fuck you are talking about. and by "sometimes" I mean all the time.

Mike Cl

Quote from: PickelledEggs on August 13, 2017, 11:42:22 PM
Sometimes, baruch, I wonder what the fuck you are talking about. and by "sometimes" I mean all the time.
This time, Pickled, he was suggesting that the white supremacists were rounded up and sent there by the Democrats to be able to use the resulting bad press against Trump.  The Repubs and Trump were simply set up.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cavebear

I lived in Massachussets til 9, Lived in Virginia til 13. moved to MD til 18, where I left for college.

In Mass, I had had a few black friends and we never thought about it much.  I, VA we lived in a totally white neighborhood.  I really didn't think much about THAT at the time either.  We had a Black maid because that was expected at the time.  After a few months, Mom said that had to stop. 

She knew it was awkward.  The woman needed the job.  But Mom just couldn't stand the symbolic slavery. and we kids always thought the situation was weird.

We moved to northern MD after that and learned to do our housework to help out.  Thts the better path...

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: PickelledEggs on August 13, 2017, 11:42:22 PM

Where you there, in the 60s.  It never went away.  There are only trees .. the forest is just a conspiracy theory.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 13, 2017, 11:45:52 PM
This time, Pickled, he was suggesting that the white supremacists were rounded up and sent there by the Democrats to be able to use the resulting bad press against Trump.  The Repubs and Trump were simply set up.

Possible, unless they are triple agents, not double agents.  You think CIA wasn't involved with Kent State etc?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 14, 2017, 12:48:19 AM
I lived in Massachussets til 9, Lived in Virginia til 13. moved to MD til 18, where I left for college.

In Mass, I had had a few black friends and we never thought about it much.  I, VA we lived in a totally white neighborhood.  I really didn't think much about THAT at the time either.  We had a Black maid because that was expected at the time.  After a few months, Mom said that had to stop. 

She knew it was awkward.  The woman needed the job.  But Mom just couldn't stand the symbolic slavery. and we kids always thought the situation was weird.

We moved to northern MD after that and learned to do our housework to help out.  Thts the better path...

Good for your mom.  But if she was SJW, when would have volunteered to go work as a maid for a Black family.  Payback.  Or do you think that all domestic work is slavery?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 13, 2017, 11:45:52 PM
Tbh, Mike, I stopped reading his posts for the most part and don't care what he writes. He has discredited himself in my opinion with how incoherent he consistently is.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

SGOS

Quote from: PickelledEggs on August 14, 2017, 09:47:31 AM
Tbh, Mike, I stopped reading his posts for the most part and don't care what he writes. He has discredited himself in my opinion with how incoherent he consistently is.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
He does tend to flail about a lot of the time.  I usually read his posts, but I don't take them too seriously.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Cavebear on August 12, 2017, 05:28:20 AM
I bet she isn't as religious as you think.  Few politicians are.
Yeah, according to Aristotle,
QuoteA tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side.

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman