Author Topic: RIP Godzilla  (Read 296 times)

Offline Cavebear

Re: RIP Godzilla
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2017, 04:20:27 PM »
A friend said the movie reminded them what happens when you start a war. He was in the minority on this, of course.

As for victims, while I was there in 1983 they added a lady's name to the list of deaths. She was there. She died in an auto accident. Seems like "milking it" to me.

Well, yeah, that seems like pushing it.  But my Aunt Sachiko died of leukemia.  Hard to pin that down.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!  b 1950

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2017, 06:24:45 PM »
Well, yeah, that seems like pushing it.  But my Aunt Sachiko died of leukemia.  Hard to pin that down.
Yep, and therefore tenuously connected to the atomic bombs.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Offline Cavebear

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2017, 06:28:16 PM »
Indeed, Aunt Sachiko was probably connected.  Auto accidents, maybe not so much.

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2017, 07:39:40 PM »
Indeed, Aunt Sachiko was probably connected.  Auto accidents, maybe not so much.
Full props to the people who were there that day. I went to funeral of a USN captain who had been on the initial survey team for Nagasaki. He died bad.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Offline Baruch

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2017, 12:11:06 AM »
Full props to the people who were there that day. I went to funeral of a USN captain who had been on the initial survey team for Nagasaki. He died bad.

Fallout ... don't do this at home, kids!
שלום

Offline Cavebear

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2017, 02:37:06 AM »

My thoughts to you, who cared, and his family...