News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

RIP Godzilla

Started by trdsf, August 08, 2017, 10:22:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on August 12, 2017, 06:53:29 AM
A friend said the movie reminded them what happens when you start a war. He was in the minority on this, of course.

As for victims, while I was there in 1983 they added a lady's name to the list of deaths. She was there. She died in an auto accident. Seems like "milking it" to me.

Well, yeah, that seems like pushing it.  But my Aunt Sachiko died of leukemia.  Hard to pin that down.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on August 12, 2017, 04:20:27 PM
Well, yeah, that seems like pushing it.  But my Aunt Sachiko died of leukemia.  Hard to pin that down.
Yep, and therefore tenuously connected to the atomic bombs.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Indeed, Aunt Sachiko was probably connected.  Auto accidents, maybe not so much.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on August 12, 2017, 06:28:16 PM
Indeed, Aunt Sachiko was probably connected.  Auto accidents, maybe not so much.
Full props to the people who were there that day. I went to funeral of a USN captain who had been on the initial survey team for Nagasaki. He died bad.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on August 12, 2017, 07:39:40 PM
Full props to the people who were there that day. I went to funeral of a USN captain who had been on the initial survey team for Nagasaki. He died bad.

Fallout ... don't do this at home, kids!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on August 12, 2017, 07:39:40 PM

My thoughts to you, who cared, and his family...