News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Beloved Atheists

Started by Ibn Khaldun, August 07, 2017, 09:14:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Ibn Khaldun on August 08, 2017, 05:37:06 AM
Thank you guys for your welcome and input and in particular baruch -for injecting data into the “discussion”.  I’ll look into Indian monks in Egypt. Your source?

Baruch reminds me of Yiddish rendering of Hebrew  word that means blessed .the word is usually abbreviated to just the “b” letter  in Aramaic  . instead of saying Barukh you just attach the letter B to the beginning of a  word to bless. For example if you want to say blessed is the name of the Lord you say  Bname The Lord . that means blessed is the name of the lord
The basmallah ( the phrase .. in the name of Allah the most merciful and beneficent  ) that precedes each quranic sura except for Al Touba sura was appropriated from Syriac patriarchs .the Patriarchs  began their letters with it :

” Bismo Allah rahmanoe Raheemo”

In the Quran it reads : B’ism Allah Al Rahaman AL raheem .

So  “in the name of the allah …”   means   blessed is the name of Allah because Bism means blessed is the name  because the “B” means blessed .

Same with Christianity . when it says in the name of the father, son, holy spirit , that’s saying blessed is the name of the father , son , holy spirit .

Note also in Syriac which is really Aramaic the absence of the indefinite article ( The “Al” in Al Rahman and Al Raheem  in Arabic form),  nor the indicative case “ of” in the Christian rendering in English ..[of] the son , [of] the father .
Bar in Baruch means son in Aramaic . it can be taken to mean true or accurate representation , replica ,etc. so  Aramaic “bar Nhas” translates better into True man .same with son of god which translates into True God .

And

Not so much anti sex … more like sex management via suppression  so as to  channel that immense natural sexual drive force towards production , raising living standards and , of course , the battle field. Nothing like sexually deprived soldier on the battle field .

.King Solomon had so many wives . Alpha male  King Solomon  focused  on the pussy .so  the egg  fell off the wall. With the bible you have to read behind the lines .

you could look up cathedral death logs from 12th century onwards. Christian deprived of sex , marrying in their late 20s and having fewer kids .  London is where progress  began you could say.. It had to have started somewhere sometime. And it did start in London. Less sex, fewer kids meant more wealth inherited because it got divided among fewer heirs,  the one or two kids , which meant surplus  money to invest and /or start venture.

Just talking you know . don’t go ganging up on me now because I’m the only catholic. I turn atheist then and move in with you and eat all the food , drink all your booze ,etc.

Thank you again for warm welcome . you’re nice people. Are all atheists like you?

This forum is the best Atheist web site ... by far.  But I am a Jewish heretic, allowed here for entertainment.  Think of Yorick the dwarf jester ;-)  Just don't make a Hamlet of yourself, it isn't kosher ;-))

Philo of Alexandria and the Therapeutae.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Therapeutae

There were so many Hindu and Buddhist fakirs in the Near East, that they had their own neighborhood in Alexandria.  Emperor of Ashoka sent Buddhist missionaries to Antioch and Alexandria 300 years before Paul missioned.  A sadhu self immolated at the fires of the festival at Eleusis near Athens.

The Greeks made a major impact in India too.   Without Alexander, there might not be stone statues, the original symbols of Buddhism, and Christianity, are non-anthropomorphic.  A ship or anchor for Christians (See Noah ... who also appears in Hindu myth) ... a wheel of dharma or carved footprints for Buddhists.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greco-Buddhism

Also study Bu-Jews ... which are popular today.  With Jewish people traveling the whole Earth, even to China and India ... they saw it all.  And Greeks in Afghanistan (thanks to Alexander).  There cultures mixed but was carried back West.  But you could have found any of this in Babylon ... you didn't have to go as far as Srinagar in Kashmir (where Prophet Isa is buried ... but the tomb shows it is Buddhist, not Jewish).  Personally I don't believe in a historical Jesus, but I do think the Apostles were real people ... and they were Jewish heretics, like me.

I appreciate your interest in ancient languages.  I teach Hebrew at synagogue on Monday nights.  Your etymology is creative if a bit eccentric.  Baruch is usually seen as Hebrew not Aramaic, and is rendered as a conjugation of "to bless" with connections to the noun meaning "bend the knee".  But etymology is .. mostly speculative.  Ever hear of the Philosophical Dictionary of Voltaire, of the Devil's Dictionary by Ambrose Bierce?

Avatars?  I know who Ibn Khaldun was.  Mine is Baruch Spinoza ... the uber Jewish heretic (other than Paul of course).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on August 08, 2017, 06:52:26 AM
Oh don't worry. I don't think we'd gang up on you for being a catholic.

Right, we ganged up on Randy for being a repetitive authoritarian pedant.  But when you do Catholic Mass every day ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on August 08, 2017, 05:45:25 AM
Dear Ibid.,

Yes, we are all identical.

Maybe not identical .. just a plethora of atman expressing the one Brahman.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Ibn Khaldun

Baruch

Quote from: Ibn Khaldun on August 08, 2017, 07:42:08 AM
thank you Baruch .

Be an interesting character, and have a thick skin, and it can be fun here.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

aitm

in short:
left islam for pussy
left atheism for pussy
it's pussy all the way with this guy. You go pussy lover!
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Blackleaf

I'd watch a Catholic more closely than an atheist if booze was involved. An atheist doesn't have to wonder if it's possible to get drunk on the Blood of Jesus.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

SGOS

Eat the body of Jesus and drink his blood.  Who the fuck thought that up?

Mike Cl

Quote from: SGOS on August 08, 2017, 07:13:07 PM
Often wondered that.  God created man, but fucked up and made him a natural born sinner.  So, he decided that in order to fix that he'd kill his only son--and then make it so you would need to eat his body and drink his blood to be saved (umm...from what? Him).  They make serial killer movies less gruesome than that.  Think about that; every day the catholic church peddles human flesh and blood for it's consumers!  Shouldn't they be arrested for that??? 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on August 08, 2017, 07:13:07 PM

This goes back to human cannibalism in New Guinea, and theological cannibalism in the Pyramid Texts circa 2300 BCE.  Very very retro even 2000 years ago.  Then the Church had a debate over this in the early Middle Ages ... and many Protestants reacting to such literalism, decided that it was symbolic (smart Protestants anyway).  So why do people in New Guinea eat each other?  It is to acquire the manna, their magic power.  Think of eating a musician to acquire his musical talent.  Jesus' manna is holiness ... so eat Jesus, get holy.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

That didn't take long.  Ibn  Khaldun went from weird to nutso in just a few posts.  Most take longer.  I love his type.  The dumb of the dumber to the dumbest of the dumbest...

Well, at least he probably wont waste much of our time.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Jason78

I can't be the only one wondering what an "exotic nose" looks like?
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Cavebear

Quote from: Jason78 on August 09, 2017, 01:26:01 PM
I can't be the only one wondering what an "exotic nose" looks like?

He said that?  I didn't read the post in detail.  But I apologize for missing that.  LOL!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Unbeliever

Quote from: aitm on August 08, 2017, 01:42:10 PM
in short:
left islam for pussy
left atheism for pussy
it's pussy all the way with this guy. You go pussy lover!

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Ibn Khaldun

What has sad got do with it ? The woman is sexually superior to me .the average male on the clock comes after around 8 thrusts . she comes over fifty times within the hour. Statistically speaking  she has to copulate over 300 times to get pregnant . those are the facts . faced with such a mismatch I’ve to be crazy to bother to try. I say I come first . . Me comes first .focused on the pussy for me not her.

she chose  me as a compromise. She goes through the list of what’s available out there and picks out the best she can get  . Since what she picked is not the best she can get then I’m   basically a compromise  and so are the rest of other males. I’m sorry to tell you she picked you not because you’re number one . you’re a compromise.

Now compromise from  compromise differ.  I’m from an ancient breed . something of the last Mohican. Few pure bred like me left in tiny clusters in the desert of Sahara . we crossed over centuries ago. basically a carefully selected mix of  special Semites  and special type of negro inhabiting the lower parts of Ethiopia . Centuries ago, I’m what propelled Islam on the a battle field . I’m what was used to counter the Roman praetorian, my cousins. . we’re alike , roughly same mix. only I’m slightly bigger and taller,  over 5 ft 8 , broad in the shoulder, long arms ,larger hands ,  thick wrist , short legs , long torso . naturally physically strong .bred for combat.   firm footing,  agile , fast as leopard and and and. before Islam the likes of me was trained by the Romans and fought for the Romans .after the  Romans and Persian went at it and exhausted themselves living a power vacuum  I was used to take over . a lean mean slaughtering machine .women want that . strong  protector , disease resistant ,etc.

for a rough idea of part of my blood line , the negro part , look to Antra Ibn Shaddad . you know how each nation has super hero , like the Greek have Achilles, Europeans have Beowulf ,Romans got  Hercules,  Jews and  Samson ? Antra is the super hero of the Arabs . even though he is pre Islam , Arab Muslims celebrate him constantly  . they have  TV reruns   about him on Ramadan .  He was jet black skin , off spring of  Ethiopian Negro mother . he was also a poet . if you read his poetry you will notice his code of conduct to be  honorable for he said he won’t not partake in booty or war spoils . He was knight and poet . legend has it a blind Arab bow man killed him by shooting him in his genitals . shot up his dick. So we’re talking sexual insecurities .

So we come to blood line.  Vampire movie . do you like to watch  vampire movies ? you sit for 1 ½ hour enthralled munching on popcorn and soda? You like that , don’t you? Love it . How nice . Isn’t that nice ?  tell me then why make fun of Catholic eating flesh and drinking blood ? are you or are you not vampire ? is it in your nature ? well then go eat Jesus and stop eating people . that’s what it is saying .

For  exotic nose  , check with David Berkowitz. Its there . and now is the time .  hey Baruch , cavebear , Munch , unbeliever and rest of my good atheist friends please be so kind as to  kneel down  . raise your hands up in supplication and  repeat after  me . we gonna pray guys . fantastic .this is good , very good .   

‘….Honor thy father … blood for papa … drained  just bones now…. papa needs blood…. No water please .. it hurts …..want tasty blood ….programmed for blood …honor thy father ..make love to the world… need blood to preserve my youth .. blood for papa  , pass the cup..would he who travails in beauty sanction thirst ?..... return me to yahoo ”

End of prayer session.  The collection basket is over there else no more praying for you . go make your own temple. .

I think Jesus got us  bulls eye. Right? Yes , of course. Maker knows his product .you got to admit he does.

The bible is the master piece of mankind. Much older than they say it is  . it echoes the human condition through the deep centuries .