News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Hi

Started by Flee thinker, August 06, 2017, 04:14:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Blacklead - "That's why people are more likely to lose their religion the longer they stay in college."  Maybe not, our colleges produce snowflakes.  A new SJW book claims that being intelligent confers an unfair advantage.  I am expecting a newer book to claim that beautiful women have an unfair advantage over ugly women, written by an ugly woman of course.  I knew about evolution in HS, and didn't dispute it then nor now.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Cavebear on August 09, 2017, 02:21:49 AM
Outstanding!  But what is the 215 mile walk?  You got me on that one.

I'm referring to when Moses got lost in the desert for 40 years. It's impossible for that many people to take that long to find their way from A to B in such a small space.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Mike Cl

Quote from: Blackleaf on August 09, 2017, 08:41:03 AM
I'm referring to when Moses got lost in the desert for 40 years. It's impossible for that many people to take that long to find their way from A to B in such a small space.
Not in a fiction its not!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cavebear

Quote from: Blackleaf on August 09, 2017, 08:41:03 AM

OK, but why "215" miles?  It is the specificity I would like to know more about.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Blackleaf

Quote from: Cavebear on August 09, 2017, 10:03:51 AM
OK, but why "215" miles?  It is the specificity I would like to know more about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JWuulcGZZE
--Fulke Greville--

Blackleaf

Quote from: Baruch on August 09, 2017, 06:40:38 AM
Blacklead - "That's why people are more likely to lose their religion the longer they stay in college."  Maybe not, our colleges produce snowflakes.  A new SJW book claims that being intelligent confers an unfair advantage.  I am expecting a newer book to claim that beautiful women have an unfair advantage over ugly women, written by an ugly woman of course.  I knew about evolution in HS, and didn't dispute it then nor now.

Baruch, please. You're not that gullible. SJWs are in the minority. The Right just gives them way too much importance so they can dismiss the Left, as if it's completely composed of SJWs. The educated are more likely to be non-religious and Liberal. Being an SJW has nothing to do with education. It exists despite education, just like religion.
--Fulke Greville--

Cavebear

Quote from: Blackleaf on August 09, 2017, 10:50:45 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JWuulcGZZE

I suspect I will never learn what the "215" miles means.  Is it a song? A movie reference?  "215 Miles River Court"?  Google is not helping me here...

Blackleaf

Quote from: Cavebear on August 09, 2017, 11:02:31 AM
I suspect I will never learn what the "215" miles means.  Is it a song? A movie reference?  "215 Miles River Court"?  Google is not helping me here...

Google can tell you the exact distance between two points on the Earth. Two-hundred and fifteen miles is just what you get if you measure the distance between Moses' starting point and his destination.
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on August 09, 2017, 10:55:05 AM
Baruch, please. You're not that gullible. SJWs are in the minority. The Right just gives them way too much importance so they can dismiss the Left, as if it's completely composed of SJWs. The educated are more likely to be non-religious and Liberal. Being an SJW has nothing to do with education. It exists despite education, just like religion.

Yes, SJWs are a minority, but very influential in the US and other formerly First World countries.  As a minority, everything they believe is truth, and all their actions are righteous!  And no, there aren't many classic Marxists around, except for Etienne, and we squashed him like the proletarian bug he was.  And you know as well as I, that liberals today, are illiberal .. have been since 1965 at least.  Libertarian reactionaries .. are what Liberals used to be.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on August 09, 2017, 11:21:57 AM
Google can tell you the exact distance between two points on the Earth. Two-hundred and fifteen miles is just what you get if you measure the distance between Moses' starting point and his destination.

The Exodus story isn't true.  Actual archeology and philology disproves it.  But the conflict between Semite and Hamite was and still is, quite real.  Sorry, even if you read the Bible, they weren't lost in the desert ... G-d wouldn't permit them to go into Canaan, until all but two of the original people had died (Joshua and Caleb).  Very little of the Torah goes back to the Late Bronze Age ... the Song of the Sea and the Song of Deborah.  Most of the rest of it is Early Iron Age, roughly 850 - 500 BCE.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Blackleaf on August 09, 2017, 11:21:57 AM

AAH, Thank you!  I could NOT think of any special distance of 215 miles in the real world.  I even looked at the distance between Alexandria and Syrene (where Erastophanes measured the circumference of the Earth).  That really baffled me.

Cavebear