Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Patriarchy?

Started by pr126, August 05, 2017, 05:25:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: PickelledEggs on August 06, 2017, 03:22:01 PM
not sure what that had to do with anything, but thanks? lol

It was about gender-respect and non-patriarchy...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

PickelledEggs

Baruch

Quote from: Deidre32 on August 06, 2017, 02:47:26 PM
There are religions that aren't either matriarchal or patriarchal...they might not even be considered religions, more like philosophies...like Buddhism, etc. I think there are philosophies/belief systems out there that simply don't speak from or to a particular gender. The Abrahamic faiths are the strongest in terms of patriarchy, but can't help but think that if these religions were ''formed'' today, they'd be pretty gender-fluid.

At least if they formed in San Francisco ;-)  Hot rocky deserts don't make nice people.  Perfect tropical paradise (Tahiti) make much nicer people.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 06, 2017, 02:07:51 PM
Well, yeah, PR IS sort of crazy.  I don't think he is exactly a troll though.  He is as dim as a burnt match, idealogical like a North Korean, and wrong like a mismatched Rubik's Cube.  But I think he is sincere and not a troll. 

Maybe it is best to just treat him as he is; dedicated but as dumb as a box of rocks.  Not that I want to be insulting, of course...

I could never solve the Rubik's Cube, though my nieces as children could.  Don't bring back that memory, you lazy fur ball.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: PickelledEggs on August 06, 2017, 03:22:01 PM
not sure what that had to do with anything, but thanks? lol

Unlike how he feels about the Bible, Cavebear thinks LOTR is real ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

PickelledEggs

What happened @pr126 , you give up?

Figured.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on August 06, 2017, 06:21:10 PM
Unlike how he feels about the Bible, Cavebear thinks LOTR is real ;-)
It's not?????? 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

pr126

It amazes me how "free thinkers" are so closed minded. [indoctrinated?]

Anything other than the accepted narrative is offensive, a thought crime must be crazy, or trolling, 

They are heretics. They must be silenced.

Folks, 1984 was a novel, not a blueprint. 
I am not alone in my thought crime. That's how Hillary lost.

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on August 07, 2017, 12:44:11 AM

Anything other than the accepted narrative is offensive, a thought crime must be crazy, or trolling, 

Ideology makes strange bed-fellows.  Why are people narrow minded?  Because fat headed people have a hard time mental diabetes ;-)  Anyone who denies that the liberal politician de-jour is a superhero ... is a heretic.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mermaid

It amazes me how someone who is patently wrong about something can speak with such confidence about a topic.
Speaking of narrative.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

pr126

Mermaid wrote:
QuoteIt amazes me how someone who is patently wrong about something can speak with such confidence about a topic.
Such certitude in your beliefs. Your "education" is complete.
Nice to see such ideological clarity.

There Is No God And Karl Marx Is His Prophet.

Shiranu

QuoteI am not alone in my thought crime. That's how Hillary lost.

You almost sound proud there. That's no bueno.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

PickelledEggs

"Mirror mirror on the wall, who is the fairest one of all?"

Also... "not alone in my thought crime"?
So you're admitting you're being retarded... Ok, well at least we are somewhere grounded in reality now.

Sylar

Quote from: pr126 on August 05, 2017, 05:25:47 AM
The third wave feminist is very vocal about patriarchy, misogyny and male supremacy.

What groups have those "qualities" enshrined in their cultures, religions, customs? 

Are they mentioning any of those groups?  No.

Africa, Central, Latin America, Asia, South Asia, Far east, China?
Not many feminist there.

No. It is in the USA, Canada. Then just the white males.
Funny that.

Third-wave feminists living in those countries mention "those groups".

Third-wave feminists living in USA or Canada mention issues they face at home. Why would they talk about issues thousands of miles away that have no impact on them?

The two are not mutually exclusive. Not that difficult to understand.

You seem to confuse feminist principles with activism. All feminists may share the same basic principles, and a discussion with any feminist will be enough to show this, but activism occurs within one's own country.
"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." --Oscar Wilde

Munch

Quote from: Sylar on August 08, 2017, 02:55:51 PM

You seem to confuse feminist principles with activism. All feminists may share the same basic principles, and a discussion with any feminist will be enough to show this, but activism occurs within one's own country.

thats easy to say, but when these activists you mention do so under the banner of feminism, its hard to dismiss it being the driving force behind their activism.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin