News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Patriarchy?

Started by pr126, August 05, 2017, 05:25:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on August 05, 2017, 11:14:28 AM
But what about the patriarchy? Women's rights? Equality?
Does it only happen with white males?
The rest of the world is someone else's problem?
Who is being a hypocrite here?

If not forcing everyone to be a California San Francisco dyke is being hypocritical, then I am good with hypocrisy, thanks.  If the rhetoric (of some) is to force everyone everywhere to conform to their political ideology, but they only apply it to White hetero males ... then yes, that would be hypocrisy.  I don't see Mermaid doing that.

Also Left behavior is pre-Marxist.  As I pointed out regarding the fisher-women of the French Revolution.  Marx tried to theorize an updated French Revolution.  Copied Hegel and Rousseau.  Never had an original idea he didn't steal from his friend, Engels.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: pr126 on August 05, 2017, 11:14:28 AM
But what about the patriarchy? Women's rights? Equality?
Does it only happen with white males?
The rest of the world is someone else's problem?
Who is being a hypocrite here?
You are.  What do you think about patriarchy?  For you is it simply the way of the world as the world should be?  What are you doing to stop the spread of Islam or Muslims?  I think you need to account for all that you are doing to justify your life--to justify your stand. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mermaid on August 05, 2017, 11:20:53 AM
Yes, I hate men. You got me!

Sometimes your response is too short, but I realize you are being satirical.  Good for you (for being satirical, and not being a man-hater).  But I have met some women, for whatever bad thing happened to them in the womb or later ... who hate men.  I can understand that ... male proclivities are ... frightening.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 05, 2017, 10:05:53 AM
To say that all feminists are one thing or another is a blind way to look at the male/female roles in our society or any society.  Actually the word 'feminist' is a disservice to what most feminists want--equality.  The way 'feminists' are looked at and regarded smacks of the way the South looked at slaves; slavery was the natural way of things, even the bible supported it (and still does).  The bible also supports patriarchy.  patriarchy has been the way of the world for thousands of years.  It has become institutionalized around the world, with organized religion one of the worst offenders.  How else can patriarch be overcome or changed except by organizations who strive for that goal--the goal of equal treatment in all aspects of life?  The USA is very very good at blaming the victim--especially if the victim is a woman.  So, if a woman thinks she deserves fair treatment,  and does not buy into the patriarchal way of things, then she is a bitch, a witch, a trouble maker, deserves what she gets, and on and on.  Our society regards them as uppity bitches, sort of like how the South regarded slaves who wanted to be free.  It's easy to slap a single label on a movement and that makes it easier to brand all women with the same view, reaction, thoughts, desires and wishes as all others--and to then brand 'feminists' as wrong minded and controlling.  The label 'feminist' is actually meaningless since there is not one single true 'feminist', but a whole spectrum of what they are and who they are and what they want. 

I learned the position of women in our society from my grandfather back in the '50's.  He often remarked on how much harder women have life than men.  As I aged and looked around, I found I agreed with him.  And I watched how he treated my grandmother.  They were a team, and each worked in that team in the manner than made the final goal--a good life--work best.  They were not 'kind' to each other so much as they were fair with one another.  They did not assume either had a specific roll, but worked to complete whatever task was to be completed as a team, each doing what they did best.  My mother was raised by them and from her I learned what a strong and competent  woman could be.  As a father of a girl I had a hard task fighting the typical model of what a young girl, and later teen girl, was supposed to look like, act like and think like.  Now she is a competent, fair minded woman who has to make her way in our male dominated society--and she does a good job of it.  She is a 'feminist' in the sense that she strives to be fair with all--male and female.  It is difficult because this society is clearly patriarchal, and likes to extract it's pound of flesh from those who buck that system.

So, I guess you could say I am a male feminist.  In the sense I think all should be treated in a fair manner, I gladly accept that label.  But I prefer to think that I am simply fair minded.

There is no equality, between individuals, sexes, genders etc ... go back to Paris, you sans-culotte ;-)  Being fair is fine ... but nobody agrees on what that means.  Egalitarian or Equalitarian.  Only the bee hive is equalitarian, except for the Queen of course.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Mermaid on August 05, 2017, 10:00:47 AM
That, too. I mean, peeing your name in the snow...who the hell wouldn't want to be able to do that?

Some dykes like urinals ... but I don't need to understand that ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

pr126

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 05, 2017, 11:23:29 AM
You are.  What do you think about patriarchy?  For you is it simply the way of the world as the world should be?  What are you doing to stop the spread of Islam or Muslims?  I think you need to account for all that you are doing to justify your life--to justify your stand. 
I am posting plenty on this forum alone to expose Islam but people just don't want to know.
I have been labeled as a hater, bigot, islamophobe, racist, fascist, no better than Osama Bin Laden plenty of times just for posting on Islam. Quite a few years now actually. 
While I am criticizing Islam, it is instantly construed that I am demonizing Muslims.

About patriarchy? I don't oppress women.

Mermaid

Quote from: Baruch on August 05, 2017, 11:23:46 AM
Sometimes your response is too short, but I realize you are being satirical.  Good for you (for being satirical, and not being a man-hater).  But I have met some women, for whatever bad thing happened to them in the womb or later ... who hate men.  I can understand that ... male proclivities are ... frightening.
There are people of all walks.
I realize my responses are too short. I try really hard to be concise, and frankly I don't have the energy to go into much in depth, I do that all day for work and am also a grad student, so yeah. I am not exactly detailed in my sniping.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Mermaid

Quote from: pr126 on August 05, 2017, 11:40:34 AM
I am posting plenty on this forum alone to expose Islam but people just don't want to know.
I have been labeled as a hater, bigot, islamophobe, racist, fascist, no better than Osama Bin Laden plenty of times just for posting on Islam. Quite a few years now actually. 

Ok! That's great.

Does that mean women aren't oppressed then?

I don't feel like it's my job to educate people on this forum. That kind of thing is usually a waste of energy and time, and the only thing it will do is put people off. Telling people they are wrong and you are right usually has that effect. You can catch more flies with honey and all that.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Mermaid

Quote from: Baruch on August 05, 2017, 11:28:05 AM
There is no equality, between individuals, sexes, genders etc ... go back to Paris, you sans-culotte ;-)  Being fair is fine ... but nobody agrees on what that means.  Egalitarian or Equalitarian.  Only the bee hive is equalitarian, except for the Queen of course.
A really really good start is to believe the oppressed when they tell you things. Or at the very least, listen to them.

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on August 05, 2017, 11:40:34 AM
While I am criticizing Islam, it is instantly construed that I am demonizing Muslims.

I pay attention to you.  You bring of ideological points.  You bring up history.  I understand Islam at least as well as you do.  And perhaps it is unfair to ascribe bigotry to your choice of expression or choice of web links.  Even I am not sure, some of the time.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

pr126

Quote from: Mermaid on August 05, 2017, 11:53:24 AM
Ok! That's great.

Does that mean women aren't oppressed then?

I don't feel like it's my job to educate people on this forum. That kind of thing is usually a waste of energy and time, and the only thing it will do is put people off. Telling people they are wrong and you are right usually has that effect. You can catch more flies with honey and all that.

Sorry. I don't keep honey. Diabetes and all that. Also, I don't need flies.

Baruch

Quote from: Mermaid on August 05, 2017, 11:55:04 AM
A really really good start is to believe the oppressed when they tell you things. Or at the very least, listen to them.

My opposition isn't to the lived facts, or the impressions people get for themselves from that.  I object to the politics (most all politics in fact).  When people say "Feminism" they are usually discussing politics.  And yes, life isn't fair, and I don't like that either.  If my magic fairy wand was powered by more than a hearing aide battery, I would change that ... but I doubt anyone other than me would like the result.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on August 05, 2017, 11:56:53 AM
Sorry. I don't keep honey. Diabetes and all that. Also, I don't need flies.

Without a fly, it is hard to use a urinal.  Many women's pants have no fly, or a zipper on the side or in back.  More patriarchal oppression!  Mustn't let the women use the men's urinal!!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

pr126

Munch

Quote from: Mermaid on August 05, 2017, 10:30:47 AM
That feminists ignore these injustices worldwide.
To paint all feminists with such a broad and angry brush is just not fact-based.

oh no feminists do indeed support it. They pretend that wearing burqa is empowering to women in the middle east instead of a symbol of oppression.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUVWVBrPsTM

Its sooooo trendy.

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin