News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Patriarchy?

Started by pr126, August 05, 2017, 05:25:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 05, 2017, 01:51:50 PM
Right, Pickled.  I did and do, realize he is only hot air and attempts to 'prove' nothing.  He likes to bluster. 
It's not a bluster. It's like a wet fart.

Mermaid

Quote from: pr126 on August 05, 2017, 01:26:36 PM
I am looking. I let you know when I find it.
Meanwhile, can you point to one?
One? Sure.
http://www.feminist.com/cgi-bin/search.cgi
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

PickelledEggs

Quote from: pr126 on August 05, 2017, 01:26:36 PM
I am looking. I let you know when I find it.
Meanwhile, can you point to one?
If you have to look so hard, you're probably wrong.

I don't think some obscure geocities or angelfire site is going to be proper evidence of your claim

Baruch

Quote from: PickelledEggs on August 05, 2017, 02:13:55 PM
If you have to look so hard, you're probably wrong.

I don't think some obscure geocities or angelfire site is going to be proper evidence of your claim

I criticize other people's URLs too ... but "my URL is better than your URL" is so much like proof-texting by the 2nd Baptist Church vs the 1st Baptist Church.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Baruch on August 06, 2017, 12:40:10 AM
I criticize other people's URLs too ... but "my URL is better than your URL" is so much like proof-texting by the 2nd Baptist Church vs the 1st Baptist Church.
not when the other url is from some back-corner of the web, like pr tends to find for us

Cavebear

Quote from: Mermaid on August 05, 2017, 10:56:12 AM
Well....I am a feminist, and I am disgusted with patriarchal religions. Is that evidence?

The principle behind your claim that anything against oppressive religious practices of muslims would be "islamophobic" is SHEER hypocrisy.
People must be free to practice whatever religion they see fit, or lack thereof. Forcing your beliefs on others, whether it be atheism, Christianity, Islam, etc, is wrong. THAT is the key. You can't dictate to people what is correct and what isn't.
So do you like matriarchal religions?  Are those any better than patriarchal ones?  Religion is religion...  All silly and anti-human.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Mermaid

Quote from: Cavebear on August 06, 2017, 02:27:40 AM
So do you like matriarchal religions?  Are those any better than patriarchal ones?  Religion is religion...  All silly and anti-human.
Do matriarchal religions exist? I would love to be a fly on the wall for that. :)
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Baruch

Quote from: Mermaid on August 06, 2017, 09:45:38 AM
Do matriarchal religions exist? I would love to be a fly on the wall for that. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVaazLWcfDU

For those who have eyes to see and ears to hear ... but man haters don't.

Of course matriarchy and patriarchy are both tyranny ... so both are wrong.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Mermaid on August 06, 2017, 09:45:38 AM

Well, I was thinking historically, and some remnants exist today.  Wiccan mostly, but there are some herbalist tradititions that come from similar foundations.  I've met some very strange people in my life. And I am a fond reader of 'Clan Of The Cave Bear'.  I have my handle for a reason...

Mermaid

Ah, yes, that was a great book, actually.

People are weird.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Mermaid link=topic=11812.msg1185106#msg1185106 date=1502035056

People are weird.
/quote]
Indeed, indeed!!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 06, 2017, 11:02:11 AM
Well, I was thinking historically, and some remnants exist today.  Wiccan mostly, but there are some herbalist tradititions that come from similar foundations.  I've met some very strange people in my life. And I am a fond reader of 'Clan Of The Cave Bear'.  I have my handle for a reason...

Still decorating your cave walls with hand-prints?  The caves were for the separate men's hunting religion.  Women had their own, and it was taboo to cross boundaries.  But no doubt an early woman was behind every "great" early man, usually his mother ;-)  It was monotheism that forced men and women to worship together, creating unnecessary conflict, though we worshipped in separate sections, as the mosque still does.  And in early churches, it was the wealthy and powerful that had pews up front, the rest of us had to stand.  Wealthy families owned their own pew, they paid for it.  In early synagogue and church, women weren't on the ground floor, but were exiled to the mezzanine.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Mermaid on August 06, 2017, 11:57:36 AM
Ah, yes, that was a great book, actually.

People are weird.

When we first got internet service in the office in the early 90s, the first term I looked up was "atheist".  The 2nd was "Ayla".  I spent more time at the 2nd.  The first forum I visited discussed the Clan Of The Cave Bear books.  The 2nd was an atheist streaming chat.  I had my priorities straight...

pr126

This should rattle a few cages.

5 STAGES OF DECLINE AFTER A SOCIETY BECOMES INFECTED BY FEMINISM

QuoteIn the USA, feminism metastasized into the fourth wave about ten years ago. Stage 4 feminism is tightly aligned to cultural Marxism. Its practitioners are difficult to distinguish from Social Justice Warriors. Many male individuals also are infected by now, unaware that they’re being played as useful idiots, much like chickens persuaded to vote for Colonel Sanders.

While feminism was mutating, cultural Marxism itself was mutating too. No longer having Soviet ideological guidance, its former proxies in Western academia started pushing things in very strange directions. For example, the Frankfurt School wanted to turn Americans into a nation of wimps, reduce social cohesion, and inflict guilt complexes useful to their ideology. However, they wouldn’t in their wildest dreams have imagined the US military paying for sex change operations, or school children encouraged in that neurosis too.

Baruch

I think the fifth stage of Feminism, is Boudicca, running around in a scythed chariot, in war paint, massacring civilization.  Women who run with wolves and all that.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.