Marijuana company buys entire US town to create 'cannabis-friendly municipality'

Started by Unbeliever, August 04, 2017, 05:58:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

Yeah, it's gonna be as if Beverly Hills moved to the Clampet's swamp!
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 09, 2017, 04:23:16 PM
I thought he evolved into Dr. Zoidberg.

Faceplant is an early version of online medicine ... Zoidberg is later.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 09, 2017, 06:31:32 PM
Yeah, it's gonna be as if Beverly Hills moved to the Clampet's swamp!

Liaten to a story of a man named Jed
did some just to keep his family fed
And then one day he was weeding round his chew...
And up from the ground came Mexica Blue

Weed that is, no sales tax
Grow a little home stuff ya get quite a stash.

Next thing ya know, Old Jed's a billionaire
His kinfolks said C'mon give us a share!
And Jed agreed if they'ed all protect the plot
And they all have serious money in their pots.

Kilos that was,  Benjamins.
And 5s and 10s to spent easily...

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Unbeliever

God Not Found

GrinningYMIR

"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

trdsf

Quote from: Cavebear on August 09, 2017, 10:39:14 AM
I tried hash once in college.  Went to walk out of the friends' dorm room and stopped to wave goodbye and lean against the doorframe.  Which was about 2' away.  They told me afterwards that I spend 5 minutes slowly sliding down the doorframe.  *I* on the other hand, enjoyed an hour long slow fall into a verdant valley far below falling slowly like a leaf from a tree.  Slowly falling gently into the valley...

There was a reason we had our mattresses on the floor in the late 60s...  Fudd's First Law of Opposition:  "You can't fall off the floor".

Now now, you know perfectly well Fudd's First Law of Opposition is "If you push something hard enough it will fall over."  You're thinking about the Second Law.  :)
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

trdsf

Quote from: Cavebear on August 09, 2017, 07:46:07 AM
You have about the same experiences I did.  It wasn't addictive.  The day I left college I ignored it.  5 years later at a party, I was oferred some and enjoyed it.  Ignored it after that.  10 years later I just passed it on...  But I wouldn't mind having a brownie. 

I'm 67.  I have stiff joints.  It might be nice.  Or not.  I'm pretty sure it is not addictive to me.  I think I have a right to try it again.

I can't think of the last time I touched the stuff -- and I'm sure it hasn't been more than twice since I left college 32 years ago, and probably not within the last 20 years.

I definitely support legalization; I just have no interest in having a go at it again m'self.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Mike Cl

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on August 14, 2017, 10:27:41 PM
Wasn't nipton burned down by the legion?
Yeah.  And strung up some of the Powder gang.  One guy in the grocery store won the second place in the lottery but was stabbed in both knees; has a mouth on him tho.  Some pretty good loot in that town, too. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

fencerider

I cant believe the mayor advertized on cnn webpage a little piece of dirt in the middle of nowhere USA and somebody bought it. There's a whole lot of 10-20 acre pieces of ground by San Bernardino and Edwards (a whole lot closer to the customers) for $7-10K.

"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

fencerider

when the bill passed in Nov 2016 I thought about growing weed as a business. I went to look up the licence on CA website for marijuana farmers. The website said there isnt any licence yet and they don't have any idea how they're gonna do it. (I think the gvmnt of CA didn't want that bill to pass)

If anybody wants to grow, here is a good place to start:

everything  http://www.alibongo.co.uk/

seeds  http://www.alibongocannabisseeds.co.uk/category/seeds/
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Unbeliever

I can't even get high on pot anymore, for some reason. Probably because I've fucked my lungs up real good by smoking tobacco and pot for 45 years or so. I can get good head rushes, but that's not the same as getting high. So I've stopped smoking anything at all - maybe my lungs will heal enough to get high again someday.
God Not Found

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on August 14, 2017, 10:52:11 PM
Now now, you know perfectly well Fudd's First Law of Opposition is "If you push something hard enough it will fall over."  You're thinking about the Second Law.  :)

You probably correct.  But I don't feel like looking it up.  And wasn't there a corollary about "If you are on the floor, you CAN roll down the stairs"?  Maybe not.
Did you ever read 'The Child's Book Of Grass'?

trdsf

Quote from: Cavebear on August 17, 2017, 05:36:54 AM
You probably correct.  But I don't feel like looking it up.  And wasn't there a corollary about "If you are on the floor, you CAN roll down the stairs"?  Maybe not.
Did you ever read 'The Child's Book Of Grass'?
I have the recording made with at least half of Firesign Theatre, but not the whole book itself.

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on August 17, 2017, 10:05:06 AM
I have the recording made with at least half of Firesign Theatre, but not the whole book itself.

Ah Firesign Theatre"!  I used to engage in quote games with my Boss.  My favorite was the odometer counting down...

trdsf

Quote from: Cavebear on August 17, 2017, 10:09:03 AM
Ah Firesign Theatre"!  I used to engage in quote games with my Boss.  My favorite was the odometer counting down...
That whole segment is amazing -- what other group would do a gag based on Zeno's Paradox, and then stick it in the background with about six other layers of simultaneous audio?  FT is why I have come to love audio over video.  I'd much rather listen to BBC Radio 4, for example, than watch TV.