Marijuana company buys entire US town to create 'cannabis-friendly municipality'

Started by Unbeliever, August 04, 2017, 05:58:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

It's been 45 years since I was in college.  I'm a very legal person.  Why can't I buy a marijuana brownie legally? 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 09, 2017, 01:48:40 AM
It's been 45 years since I was in college.  I'm a very legal person.  Why can't I buy a marijuana brownie legally?

Diabetes.  Sweets are bad for you, and if you buy sweets, you push up the health insurance rates for all of us, capitalist wrecker!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Quote from: Cavebear on August 09, 2017, 01:48:40 AM
In college I discovered that marijuana was not addictive.  This was a stunning revelation contrary to what the generation before had drilled into me as absolute fact.  How many other facts was I given from that generation that were worthless at best, or counterproductive at worse?  But I digress.  Now the generation after me is finally moving to make marijuana legal, granted with age restrictions and some caution warnings on the label.

My generation was responsible for pointing out that society was being stupid about it, but it took until the generation after me to do something about it.  But the new generation shouldn't see this as the final closing of the door on human ignorance.  There is still plenty of stupid that needs to be stamped out.

Three generations to get from believing in a falsehood to doing something about a falsehood.  On another planet, our species might be considered barely trainable, but marginally useful to keep around.

Cavebear

Quote from: SGOS on August 09, 2017, 07:34:38 AM
In college I discovered that marijuana was not addictive.  This was a stunning revelation contrary to what the generation before had drilled into me as absolute fact.  How many other facts was I given from that generation that were worthless at best, or counterproductive at worse?  But I digress.  Now the generation after me is finally moving to make marijuana legal, granted with age restrictions and some caution warnings on the label.

My generation was responsible for pointing out that society was being stupid about it, but it took until the generation after me to do something about it.  But the new generation shouldn't see this as the final closing of the door on human ignorance.  There is still plenty of stupid that needs to be stamped out.

Three generations to get from believing in a falsehood to doing something about a falsehood.  On another planet, our species might be considered barely trainable, but marginally useful to keep around.

You have about the same experiences I did.  It wasn't addictive.  The day I left college I ignored it.  5 years later at a party, I was oferred some and enjoyed it.  Ignored it after that.  10 years later I just passed it on...  But I wouldn't mind having a brownie. 

I'm 67.  I have stiff joints.  It might be nice.  Or not.  I'm pretty sure it is not addictive to me.  I think I have a right to try it again.

Gawdzilla Sama

I prefer  hash. I once saw a piece of hash the exact size and shape of the interior of a VW door. I wondered where the other one was. (This was in Sicily, a boat ride away from North Africa.)
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on August 09, 2017, 10:20:40 AM
I prefer  hash. I once saw a piece of hash the exact size and shape of the interior of a VW door. I wondered where the other one was. (This was in Sicily, a boat ride away from North Africa.)

I tried hash once in college.  Went to walk out of the friends' dorm room and stopped to wave goodbye and lean against the doorframe.  Which was about 2' away.  They told me afterwards that I spend 5 minutes slowly sliding down the doorframe.  *I* on the other hand, enjoyed an hour long slow fall into a verdant valley far below falling slowly like a leaf from a tree.  Slowly falling gently into the valley...

There was a reason we had our mattresses on the floor in the late 60s...  Fudd's First Law of Opposition:  "You can't fall off the floor".

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cavebear on August 09, 2017, 07:46:07 AM
You have about the same experiences I did.  It wasn't addictive.  The day I left college I ignored it.  5 years later at a party, I was oferred some and enjoyed it.  Ignored it after that.  10 years later I just passed it on...  But I wouldn't mind having a brownie. 

I'm 67.  I have stiff joints.  It might be nice.  Or not.  I'm pretty sure it is not addictive to me.  I think I have a right to try it again.
My brother is in his 70's and suffers a mild form of MS.  His major  med are joints.  And magic brownies.  He swears by them; and he lives in Oregon where he can get it in any form he wants legally--in Portland.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cavebear

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 09, 2017, 10:42:11 AM
My brother is in his 70's and suffers a mild form of MS.  His major  med are joints.  And magic brownies.  He swears by them; and he lives in Oregon where he can get it in any form he wants legally--in Portland.

I understand.  I have a bottom freezer refrigerator and I bent down to get a container out last night.  I couldn't stand up!.  And I'm not fat!  My knees just wouldn't work.  I bet I die healthy with artificial joints...

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cavebear on August 09, 2017, 01:42:14 PM
I understand.  I have a bottom freezer refrigerator and I bent down to get a container out last night.  I couldn't stand up!.  And I'm not fat!  My knees just wouldn't work.  I bet I die healthy with artificial joints...
Try some magic brownies--good for what ails ya.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cavebear

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 09, 2017, 03:29:30 PM
Try some magic brownies--good for what ails ya.

My point, perzactly...  ;)  If I could only get some.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on August 07, 2017, 06:40:17 PM
Eventually Mr Crabs evolved into Dr Zuckerberg, the Jewish lobster ;-0
I thought he evolved into Dr. Zoidberg.

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

Quote from: SGOS on August 08, 2017, 01:33:22 PM
But if you've got the dough, you can buy anything. 
If you've got a bakery, you've already got the dough...
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 09, 2017, 04:24:43 PM
If you've got a bakery, you've already got the dough...

And if you have a bakery, you can literally MAKE dough!

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cavebear on August 09, 2017, 03:56:47 PM
My point, perzactly...  ;)  If I could only get some.
A short trip to Colorado........................or to a certain corner of your city (there must be such a corner in your city--one in every other city).

Cavebear