Author Topic: Marijuana company buys entire US town to create 'cannabis-friendly municipality'  (Read 631 times)

Offline Unbeliever (OP)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/40824837/marijuana-company-buys-entire-us-town-to-create-cannabis-friendly-municipality

A company which makes cannabis products has bought an entire town in California and plans to turn it into a "destination" for marijuana.

American Green has agreed a deal to buy the town of Nipton for $5m (£3.8m).

The company will own 120 acres of land, which includes a school building, a hotel, mineral baths and a general store.

They also want to power the town with renewable energy.

This is fine by me - I want to move there and get a job as a Mary Jane tester.
God Not Found
"And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world... then He made the earth round...and laughed and laughed and laughed...."
unknown

Offline Baruch

But it makes the idea of Brownies (pre-Girl Scouts) a bit ambiguous ;-)
שלום

They gotta be high!

Oh, yeah...
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Offline Unbeliever (OP)

Yeah, they're really livin' the high life...
God Not Found
"And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world... then He made the earth round...and laughed and laughed and laughed...."
unknown

Online Mermaid

That's a really great business idea. I bet it will be enormously profitable for the local economy.
We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came.

John F. Kennedy

Offline Unbeliever (OP)

Yeah, if the Feds don't shut them down!
God Not Found
unknown

That's a really great business idea. I bet it will be enormously profitable for the local economy.
I'm sure--considering the local economy consists of a pop. of 20.:))  And right now it is hot as fucking blue blazes there--might as well be Death Valley (which is close).
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent,
Is he able but not willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able or willing?
Then why call him god?

They also want to power the town with renewable energy.
Going green in more ways that one, I see.  Good for them.  And more importantly, good for the surrounding community.

Going green in more ways that one, I see.  Good for them.  And more importantly, good for the surrounding community.
What surrounding community??  Look this up on the map--I think isolated would be an apt word to use for it.
Then whence cometh evil?
Then why call him god?

What surrounding community??  Look this up on the map--I think isolated would be an apt word to use for it.
Maybe they'll grow one.  :P

Offline Shiranu

A weed-themed Disneyland... now there is a fucking gold mine idea.
"No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin or his background or his religion..." - Nelson Mandela

"Too much sanity may be madness and the maddest of all, to see life as it is and not as it should be." - Miguel de Cervantes

Maybe they'll grow one.  :P
Yeah--don't think this will be isolated for much longer. :)
Then whence cometh evil?
Then why call him god?

Offline Munch

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/40824837/marijuana-company-buys-entire-us-town-to-create-cannabis-friendly-municipality

This is fine by me - I want to move there and get a job as a Mary Jane tester.

Just avoid China cat!

Linkara fans would know what I'm talking about ^^

Offline SGOS

Kim Basinger bought a town.  I guess if you have more money than you know what to do with, why not buy a town?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Braselton,_Georgia
The town is named after Harrison Braselton, a poor dirt farmer who married Susan Hosch, the daughter of a rich plantation owner. Braselton built a home on 786 acres (318 ha) of land he purchased north of the Hosch Plantation. The land he purchased was later called Braselton.[6]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Braselton,_Georgia
In 1989 actress and Georgia native Kim Basinger and other investors bought 1,751 acres (709 ha) of the town's 2,000 privately owned acres for $20 million from Braselton Brothers Inc, intending to turn it into a tourist destination.[7] Five years later, on the eve of personal bankruptcy, she and her partners sold the town at a large loss.

Offline Munch

An entire town based on complete freedom for Marijuana usage and growing, might seem like a great idea, until you realize how fucking awful it would smell to live there.