News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Female Teacher Predators

Started by Drew_2017, August 03, 2017, 06:35:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Quote from: Drew_2017 on August 09, 2017, 07:48:16 PM
Colleges have become predominantly liberal, the teaching profession in particular to indoctrinate students.
Liberal in the sense of left of Hannity?  Perhaps.  I mean, prioritizing education in itself (with the implication that education is a way to better a community) might be considered a radical leftist idea in some circles.

But colleges as super liberal institutions?  Haha, no.

QuoteMoral relativism is a hallmark of liberal ideology.
I'm pretty sure Sam Harris and others would disagree with you there.

QuoteGender itself is relative.
Not touching that with a 10ft pole.

QuoteThe very notion there is real right or real wrong is challenged by liberalism.
Absolutely wrong.  So wrong, in fact, that it actually makes me feel bad for you.

QuoteStill waiting for anyone's better counter explanation.
Don't shift the burden of proof just because you jumped to conclusions and couldn't back it up.  And btw, we've seen that tactic from you before.  It didn't work then, it doesn't work now.

Drew_2017

Quote from: Hydra009 on August 10, 2017, 03:38:43 PM
But colleges as super liberal institutions?  Haha, no.

I didn't say super liberal institutions I said predominantly liberal. Not all colleges but most.

The very notion there is real right or real wrong is challenged by liberalism.

QuoteAbsolutely wrong.  So wrong, in fact, that it actually makes me feel bad for you.

This should be good I'm happy I'm wrong because I too believe certain moral acts are truly wrong. Name a few acts you think are truly wrong (apart from anyone's opinion) and what makes them absolutely wrong even if no one thinks they are wrong?

QuoteDon't shift the burden of proof just because you jumped to conclusions and couldn't back it up.  And btw, we've seen that tactic from you before.  It didn't work then, it doesn't work now.

And I've seen the complain and whine about what I say while offering nothing better innumerable times. Instead just the usual case of extreme flatulence and when the gas clears no substance...just empty rhetoric.

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
Albert Einstein

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jex6k2uvf9aljrq/theism.rtf?dl=0

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Mike Cl

Quote from: Drew_2017 on August 10, 2017, 07:38:27 PM
just the usual case of extreme flatulence and when the gas clears no substance...just empty rhetoric.
That does describe you to a T--smack on the money.  AND your are very consistent!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Hydra009

Quote from: Drew_2017 on August 10, 2017, 07:38:27 PMI didn't say super liberal institutions I said predominantly liberal. Not all colleges but most.
They reflect their surroundings and colleges tend to be near cities, so maybe slightly more liberal than the general public.  But there's lots of variation, going to Berkley is a pretty different experience than going to Liberty University.

On average, I'd say that colleges are predominantly neither particularly liberal nor conservative.  But they're a frequent topic of scaremongering among conservative circles (a favorite pastime), so naturally they're demonized as liberal brainwashing camps.

QuoteThis should be good I'm happy I'm wrong because I too believe certain moral acts are truly wrong. Name a few acts you think are truly wrong (apart from anyone's opinion) and what makes them absolutely wrong even if no one thinks they are wrong?
Really?  We're playing the "but that's just your opinion, gotcha libtard" game now?  Do you really think I'm going to bite?

But to answer your inquiry as if it were genuine, I lean pretty heavily on the harm principle.  (Notice how it's part of the liberalism series.  Liberals having some sort of ethical framework, whodathunkit?)  So I consider serious bodily harm and deprivation of liberty to be serious ethical no-nos unless there's a solid justification for it (like throwing a killer in jail because he's a threat to the wellbeing of others).  Victimless crimes, like violating blue laws or recreational drug use, are not regarded as ethically "bad", but can become a problematic behavior.

QuoteAnd I've seen the complain and whine about what I say while offering nothing better innumerable times. Instead just the usual case of extreme flatulence and when the gas clears no substance...just empty rhetoric.
Was that meant to be sarcastic or ironic?  I'm not sure if you're attempting to satirize conservatives.

PopeyesPappy

In other news. A judge here in Alabama dismissed the charges against a female teacher accused of having sex with two 16-year-old male students. 16 is the age of consent in Alabama. The judge said the Alabama law that makes it illegal for teachers to have sex with their students is in violation of the equal protection clause of the 14th amendment and declared it unconstitutional. The reasoning there is you can't make something that is legal for everyone else illegal for someone because of their job.

Oh, and Alabama judges are elected. I doubt this one is a liberal.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on August 11, 2017, 07:52:40 AM

Oh, and Alabama judges are elected. I doubt this one is a liberal.
Always good to check on that. Red states aren't 100% red, same-same blues. And a really good lawyer can become a judge despite his politics. Just sayin'.

In other news one county in Missouri doesn't have enough people interested in the job to make up the County Commission. ;-)
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Atheon

Colleges are liberal because reality has a well-known liberal bias. Colleges are where smart and knowledgeable people hang out and study complex subjects. Of course they're liberal.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Atheon on August 11, 2017, 10:18:09 AM
Colleges are liberal because reality has a well-known liberal bias. Colleges are where smart and knowledgeable people hang out and study complex subjects. Of course they're liberal.
Or drunk, or full of themselves, or bored/spoiled. YMMV
PZ Myers

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on August 11, 2017, 09:27:20 AM
Always good to check on that. Red states aren't 100% red, same-same blues. And a really good lawyer can become a judge despite his politics. Just sayin'.

Judge Thompson holds court in the next county over from here. He campaigns as a democrat but definitely a blue dog.

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers

Hydra009

Quote from: Atheon on August 11, 2017, 10:18:09 AM
Eh, I've had a fair number of conservative professors.  One of them is absolutely brilliant when it comes to computer science but drowned in the Trump koolaid.  He teaches class with a MAGA hat on, lol.

Someone who's very knowledgeable in one subject isn't necessary smart in other subjects.

Baruch

Atheon likes to trigger anyone to the Right of Lenin ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on August 11, 2017, 11:29:10 AM
"Blue dog"?

Blue Dog Democrat. AKA a Democrat In Name Only (DINO). The republican version would be a RINO.

SGOS

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on August 11, 2017, 01:55:19 PM
Blue Dog Democrat. AKA a Democrat In Name Only (DINO). The republican version would be a RINO.
Also, it's a word play on "Yellow Dog Democrat."