News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wanna live as long as i can...

Started by SoldierofFortune, August 02, 2017, 09:28:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deidre32

I agree that life is what you make of it. Sex, love etc are great but life isn't the sum total of your sexuality. If that were the case, people who aren't capable of sex would lead pretty dismal lives. I think because you escape into alcohol, you may think that happiness is found outside of yourself but it's really not. True happiness with life comes from within. <3
The only lasting beauty, is the beauty of the heart. - Rumi

Unbeliever

I don't think it matters how long anyone lives - once they're dead it's as if they never lived at all anyway. So one year or a hundred years, doesn't matter a bit.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 03, 2017, 03:04:27 PM
I don't think it matters how long anyone lives - once they're dead it's as if they never lived at all anyway. So one year or a hundred years, doesn't matter a bit.

I think everyone makes an impact, even aborted foetuses.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 03, 2017, 03:04:27 PM

It mattered while they were living.  As it does to me at 67 and will at 87.

I'm not living to know when I'm dead and caring about how people think of me after that.  That's pretty unlikely.  I'm living to enjoy my life as I have it on any given day.  That doesn't mean I'm a hedonist or some scumbag who takes advantage of people (as so many theists sadly assume). 

I take care of my house and garden and cats.  I help my neighbors.  I give to worthy causes.  It's just that *I* don't do it for or expect an afterlife reward for being a decent human being...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 06, 2017, 04:17:04 AM
It mattered while they were living.  As it does to me at 67 and will at 87.

I'm not living to know when I'm dead and caring about how people think of me after that.  That's pretty unlikely.  I'm living to enjoy my life as I have it on any given day.  That doesn't mean I'm a hedonist or some scumbag who takes advantage of people (as so many theists sadly assume). 

I take care of my house and garden and cats.  I help my neighbors.  I give to worthy causes.  It's just that *I* don't do it for or expect an afterlife reward for being a decent human being...

And that is why I like you.  Atypically I agree with you ... and the higher level theologians do too.  Do something because it is right, not for reward, not to avoid punishment.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Well, more than 100 billion people have lived on this planet - how many of them are remembered?
God Not Found

Hydra009

Quote from: SoldierofFortune on August 03, 2017, 03:05:03 AMAt the age of 40, one havent finished yet even the first quarter of their lifetime.
So...160+ year lifetime?

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 07, 2017, 04:33:03 PM
Well, more than 100 billion people have lived on this planet - how many of them are remembered?

The guy who peed standing up, while the ring of the toilet was down ... is remembered by everyone ... but not for good ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Well, toilets are brand new things in the world. There is something new under the sun, despite what the Bible says.
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 07, 2017, 06:43:31 PM
Well, toilets are brand new things in the world. There is something new under the sun, despite what the Bible says.

The toilet is under the Sun, only if you forget to build an out-house around it ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Cavebear

Quote from: SoldierofFortune on August 02, 2017, 09:38:32 PM
So do i...
I had many many accidents like taking beatings, traffic accidents, unprotected sex affairs etc. when i was under alcohol influence.

If i am still living, it is a miracle : )

I have taken my lessons...

Forgive me, but there are so many easy ways to die.  In an earlier age I would have died at 18 months from an abdominal hernia.  Then I would have died at 18 years from a burst appendix.  It was in 1968 when everyone at college had the Hong Kong Flu and throwing up.  But one senior said "wait a minute, he's different". 

I was fortunate after that, nothing serious.  I seem to be immune to the flu, common cold, and most everything else.  That doesn't mean a heart attack couldn't hit my tomorrow, and my ancestors went through the Plague untouched but some new disease could get me.  But I think the odds are in my favor...

Unbeliever

Antibiotic-resistant microbes will probably kill us all soon, anyway.
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 09, 2017, 04:42:53 PM

Yes, SJW ideology is so ... infectious!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 09, 2017, 04:42:53 PM

Eh, there are always more sources of anti-biotics.