News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Irony? You're soaking in it.

Started by trdsf, August 02, 2017, 01:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trdsf

One can only assume that the judge, in handing down this decision denying the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster accommodation under the Religious Land Use and Institutionalized Persons Act, was also legally declaring irony dead:

QuoteTo read [the Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster] as religious doctrine would be little different from grounding a 'religious exercise' on any other work of fiction.

Emphasis added.

So, either he's declared all religious texts of all religions recognized in the US are not fiction -- and just going off the list of 65 approved symbols for headstones by Veterans' Affairs you run into mutual exclusivity long before you even get to the Atheist Atom or Humanist Happy Human, so that's not possible -- or has written a genuine contender for the most ignorant line in legal history.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

SGOS

Except the Spaghetti Monster is not irony.  It's the same old Christian shit of, "Oh, those pagans don't really believe that.  They're just rebelling."  But those who have felt the Monster know differently, and everyone of them should be given a free parking lot, and a tax write off.  Because that judge can't prove the Monster isn't real.  So there!

trdsf

Quote from: SGOS on August 02, 2017, 02:15:56 PM
Except the Spaghetti Monster is not irony.  It's the same old Christian shit of, "Oh, those pagans don't really believe that.  They're just rebelling."  But those who have felt the Monster know differently, and everyone of them should be given a free parking lot, and a tax write off.  Because that judge can't prove the Monster isn't real.  So there!
And yet, those of us who have seen His Noodly Appendage, as follows:

might say that further proof is unnecessary.  :)
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Unbeliever

His Ramenhood is just as real as that other nonexistent thingy people go on so much about!
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Cavebear

Courts will eventually declare religions to be without rights.  The logic of history requires it.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 06, 2017, 04:07:15 AM
Courts will eventually declare religions to be without rights.  The logic of history requires it.

Haha .. religions are incorporated.  And corporations have declared individuals to be without rights.  Tyranny requires it.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 06, 2017, 08:00:58 AM
Haha .. religions are incorporated.  And corporations have declared individuals to be without rights.  Tyranny requires it.

First, we kill all the priests...

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear