Author Topic: Crash Course: Mythology  (Read 106 times)

Offline Shiranu (OP)

Crash Course: Mythology
« on: July 30, 2017, 02:23:18 PM »
Two great Youtube channels of knowledge came together to do a Crash Course series on world mythologies. Makes a good reminder, or primer. Also covers some mythologies that the average person will have never heard of, which is cool.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 02:34:11 PM by Shiranu »
"No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin or his background or his religion..." - Nelson Mandela

"There are not two sides to bigotry and there are not two sides to hatred." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Re: Crash Course: Mythology
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2017, 03:20:25 PM »
Two great Youtube channels of knowledge came together to do a Crash Course series on world mythologies. Makes a good reminder, or primer. Also covers some mythologies that the average person will have never heard of, which is cool.

Seems interesting. I'l watch a few episodes.
"Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

Online Baruch

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2017, 08:43:51 PM »
Cupid and Psyche love affair, is a predecessor to the Gospel of John.

Short review of Power Of Myth by Joseph Campbell

« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 09:44:25 PM by Baruch »
שלום

Online Munch

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2017, 09:10:57 PM »
I learned a good bit of mythology from a large book of world mythology back in my early 20s, just to love reading up on the facts about mythological characters, especially given the fact their real background designs weren't quite as softie nicey nice as some adaptations made them out to be, like Zeus instead of the fluffy daddy dear in disneys hercules, he was basically a big man whore fucking anything that moved, including his own sisters and daughters. 

Online Baruch

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2017, 09:52:36 PM »
I learned a good bit of mythology from a large book of world mythology back in my early 20s, just to love reading up on the facts about mythological characters, especially given the fact their real background designs weren't quite as softie nicey nice as some adaptations made them out to be, like Zeus instead of the fluffy daddy dear in disneys hercules, he was basically a big man whore fucking anything that moved, including his own sisters and daughters.

One of my first readers, outside of school, was The Adventures Of Hercules, given to me by an older boy.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 09:54:16 PM by Baruch »
שלום

Offline Cavebear

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2017, 10:21:11 AM »

Most all the mythologies are about supermen and superwomen pretty much screwing arounnd with mortals one way or another.  I love reading mythology to see how people thought at the time.

Did you know that the cyclops was just a mammoth fossil eroding out of a hillside?
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead