News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Purple Pinguins?

Started by pr126, July 30, 2017, 10:45:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

Edit: Erased. Sorry, it's not worth the spiritual damage to get angry and try and refute him, because his argument comes from a place of hatred and fear rather than rational thought.

Pr, I  hope you stop living in such fear and hatred. I sincerely do. No one should live in such negativity for one day, much less the rest of their life. And I hope the people who have sold you these lies pay for what they have done to countless people like you.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 01, 2017, 06:09:15 PM
Predictions of the end of the world are at least 2,000 yrs. old--probably older.  50 yrs. from now??  Don't have a clue and I won't be around to find out, either.
Republicans were saying that FDR's election in 1932 was a sure sign the country was doomed.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Mike Cl

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on August 01, 2017, 07:51:21 PM
Republicans were saying that FDR's election in 1932 was a sure sign the country was doomed.
Not to mention how fucked up rock and roll has made us.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cavebear

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 01, 2017, 06:09:15 PM
Predictions of the end of the world are at least 2,000 yrs. old--probably older.  50 yrs. from now??  Don't have a clue and I won't be around to find out, either.

It is possible the world will self-destruct socially or environmentally in the near future.  I used to regret that I would not live to know the long future of humanity.  I no longer have that concern.  Now I hope I will die peacefully before the end happens.

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Gawdzilla Sama

People were calling it the end of the world when Attila was rampaging around. Disaster mavins love that kind of shit.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on August 03, 2017, 06:18:49 AM
People were calling it the end of the world when Attila was rampaging around. Disaster mavins love that kind of shit.

Attila in particular was fond of it.  If you were a Late Roman, would you be consoled that in the future, France would have 250 kinds of cheese?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on August 03, 2017, 06:18:49 AM

Attilla was a cruel crazed asshole.  But he wasn't stupid.  He was merely a very talented terrorist.  If we ever found his burial place, we should nuke it.  Today, he would lead Al Qaeda...

pr126

Quote from: Cavebear on August 03, 2017, 10:43:34 AM
Attilla was a cruel crazed asshole.  But he wasn't stupid.  He was merely a very talented terrorist.  If we ever found his burial place, we should nuke it.  Today, he would lead Al Qaeda...
One thing is in Atilla's favor. He didn't start a religion.

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on August 03, 2017, 11:00:29 AM
One thing is in Atilla's favor. He didn't start a religion.

It's not that he didn't try.  But it was just a cult of personality.  Like Jesus or Mohammed.  He just didn't have enough imagination and famous spectacular death.

From Jesus Christ, Superstar:

"Tell me what you think
About your friends at the top
Now who d'you think besides yourself
Was the pick of the crop?
Buddah was he where it's at?
Is he where you are?
Could Muhammad move a mountain
Or was that just PR?
Did you mean to die like that?
Was that a mistake or
Did you know your messy death
Would be a record breaker?"