News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Purple Pinguins?

Started by pr126, July 30, 2017, 10:45:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pr126

With all the gender fluidity and dozens of incomprehensible pronouns, there are still only TWO possibilities:
Either male to female or female to male. That's it.
Well, is it possible to become a hermaphrodite? Or anything else?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-QfBEnGgT4

A thought experiment: Try doing this to Muslim or Mexican children and stand well back to watch the fireworks.
If all cultures are equal, it shouldn't matter. Right?

Gawdzilla Sama

You're restricted to 1950s thinking. Get over it.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

pr126

We had a bit more sanity then.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: pr126 on July 30, 2017, 01:03:22 PM

No, we had more bullshit then. Remember "Rebel Without a Cause"? James Dean wasn't rebelling against society, he was freaking out that his parents weren't being the Cleavers. Dad wore an apron when cooked, and Mom, GASP, worked outside the home. Bullshit.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on July 30, 2017, 03:37:45 PM
No, we had more bullshit then. Remember "Rebel Without a Cause"? James Dean wasn't rebelling against society, he was freaking out that his parents weren't being the Cleavers. Dad wore an apron when cooked, and Mom, GASP, worked outside the home. Bullshit.

I would shit can all you hippies ... going back to 1960 ... when Ike was still President (not really).  You were a bunch of French Existentialist scum in the 1950s, and it didn't get better after that.  Should have drafted all the college students in 65, kept them chasing VietCong until they were all dead.  Then we would have fewer Marxist professors today, eh?  Should have kept all the poor Black men at home.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

We had Johnny Quest in Black & White .. no ambiguity in that ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U79al1GPvmg ... season 1 episode 1

The damn commies have colorized them!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Atheon

Look out! There's a communist behind every tree! They're everywhere, I tells ya! Commies to the left of me; commies to the right of me! They're hiding under my bed and in my closet! And for some reason they're magically connected to everything I happen to personally hate... Muslims, immigrants, transgenders... Whatever shall I do??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8U4inAO7Cc
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Baruch

Funny how people feel the same way about Republicans and Trump ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Oh yeah, back in 'the good old days'!  Sure.  The past is always warm, cuddly, welcoming and good.  Right...........................
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

pr126

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 01, 2017, 09:15:00 AM
Oh yeah, back in 'the good old days'!  Sure.  The past is always warm, cuddly, welcoming and good.  Right...........................

What of the future?

If we carry on the road to collective insanity, where will the western world be in 50 years from now?
I predict - extinct.

What I am seeing is that the millennials are programmed to self destruct.

Gawdzilla Sama

So saith every generation about the generation after them.
PZ Myers

Atheon

Quote from: Baruch on August 01, 2017, 06:36:41 AM
Funny how people feel the same way about Republicans and Trump ;-)
Except that unlike communists, Trump and the Republicans (and Teresa May and the Conservatives) actually exist in the US (and the UK)! ;)
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Baruch

Quote from: Atheon on August 01, 2017, 11:47:49 AM
Except that unlike communists, Trump and the Republicans (and Teresa May and the Conservatives) actually exist in the US (and the UK)! ;)

If you weren't in Taiwan, but in the US, would you count?  Does Shiranu count?  You seem mighty pinko to me ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on August 01, 2017, 09:40:09 AM
What of the future?

If we carry on the road to collective insanity, where will the western world be in 50 years from now?
I predict - extinct.

Now that even Israelis are Nazis ... Netanyahu ... we are Nazis all the way down, not turtles.

The Germans and Japanese and Italians engaged in collective insanity ... and two of those are Western.  So yes, the West is quite capable of collective insanity.  Ever hear of Vietnam?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: pr126 on August 01, 2017, 09:40:09 AM
What of the future?

I predict - extinct.

Predictions of the end of the world are at least 2,000 yrs. old--probably older.  50 yrs. from now??  Don't have a clue and I won't be around to find out, either.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?