Woman Threatens to "Kill all you fucking Muslim"

Started by Shiranu, July 29, 2017, 03:20:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deidre32

The thing is, it might not seem very threatening when one lone loon in a Walmart parking lot goes ham on a few people, but that person becomes a threat when he/she votes on Election Day to put someone in power who might be an advocate for genocide.
The only lasting beauty, is the beauty of the heart. - Rumi

chill98

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on August 03, 2017, 11:02:48 PM
It wasn't a "real threat" when average Germans in the 1930's started making threats against Jews. And we all know how that turned out for the Jews.

Godwin's law does not claim to articulate a fallacy; it is instead framed as a memetic tool to reduce the incidence of inappropriate hyperbolic comparisons.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law

chill98

Quote from: Atheon on August 03, 2017, 12:17:52 PM
Here's another piece of racist trash:

More virtue signaling... ho hum.

Heres the story:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4755068/Shocking-moment-woman-goes-rampage-Hollywood-Target.html

With the original video poster (youngTurks didnt even give credit where due):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2WyX1x9EnA

This is your example?!  A sock clad mentally ill woman is evidence??!!

Took me about 5 minutes to find the original, with his comments about the incident in the description.

chill98

Quote from: Atheon on August 03, 2017, 12:19:35 PM
Here's a hilarious one: Islamophobic bigots think empty bus seats are women wearing burkas!

*coughNORWAYcough*

chill98

Slightly off topic but relevant to the inherent human behavior observed in this topic. The first one is from 2009 and a long, but worth it read:

QuoteHer reasoning is that kids are developmentally prone to in-group favoritism; they're going to form these preferences on their own. Children naturally try to categorize everything, and the attribute they rely on is that which is the most clearly visible.

http://www.newsweek.com/even-babies-discriminate-nurtureshock-excerpt-79233

From 2014:

QuoteThe idea of in-group bias is well established in behavioral science, and it has its roots long ago, in humanity's tribal era.

http://time.com/67092/baby-racists-survival-strategy/

and more currently:

QuoteCould babies start showing racist traits before they mumble their first word?

That’s the finding of two new studies out of the University of Toronto, published recently in the journal Child Development.

http://nypost.com/2017/04/13/your-baby-is-a-little-bit-racist-science-says/

And this works both ways. It is NOT a white only attribute.  Everytime one of these immigrant populations goes and provokes an incident (parking too close and not doing the responsible thing - "sorry" and moving the car - rather attacking the offended person verbally) it reinforces the inherent stranger danger flight/fight core emotion. 

Baruch

The idea that we are evolving to a totally kumbaya (not just tolerant) non-ethnic, non-racial, non-genedered, bi-sexual global society of John Lennon freaks ... has no historical basis.  I wish all the hippies had just died of drug overdose already.  I would send all the liberals to the middle of the Middle East ... and remind the people there that Democrats hate them just as much as Republicans, to have at them!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Civilization advances have occurred in many places and among many cultures.  No one group or time has had a monopoly on "freest society".

Advancing societies have changed through time, and will continue to change through time.  The US is the latest, but will not last  forever.  And there have been and will continue to be times where no culture or nation has offered the best of humanity.  Sometimes everything collapses for a while.

I hope we can hold on to some advancements for long enough to send out new colonies to other planets.  We might expand and grow again culturally and numerically.  The further we spread, the likelier we are to continue.

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Why should killer apes expand across the solar system, let alone the galaxy?  We are a part of the Earth environment, we aren not autonomous.  We were born here, we will die here.  Probably sooner than later.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

I sometimes worry that we will not spread.  That certain idiotic theists will work to prevent it.  As I see it, the more we spread, the less likely we can kill ourselves off in one go. 

Until we either meet our badder types out there or some extremely advanced peaceful species that will just send us back to grade school to learn how to act properly...

There is one thing I am sure of.  We will never meet our equals out in space.  It will either be like us meeting monkeys or we will be the monkeys.  And probably not even that close a competition...  Remember the cargo cults in the Pacific Islands?  It won't even be that close.

If they come here, we're toast.  If we get "there" they're toast.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 06, 2017, 11:47:50 AM
I sometimes worry that we will not spread.  That certain idiotic theists will work to prevent it.  As I see it, the more we spread, the less likely we can kill ourselves off in one go. 

Until we either meet our badder types out there or some extremely advanced peaceful species that will just send us back to grade school to learn how to act properly...

There is one thing I am sure of.  We will never meet our equals out in space.  It will either be like us meeting monkeys or we will be the monkeys.  And probably not even that close a competition...  Remember the cargo cults in the Pacific Islands?  It won't even be that close.

If they come here, we're toast.  If we get "there" they're toast.

Spreading as in colonizing.  The British Empire was Great (Britain)!  We are destroying our only environment we can exist in.  Existing in space or on planets, is like existing on Antarctica S Pole Station ... only as an extension of a more reasonable environment.  But terraform away, in your own mind.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.