News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

White House Bullshit

Started by SGOS, July 28, 2017, 06:49:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

Caught an interesting few minutes of MSNBC late last night (couldn't sleep--channel flipping).  Saw about 5 short video's talking about or showing the NK leader ranting and threatening to launch missiles at  the area around Guam.  It was the typical stuff that I've seen in the last few days.  Then it was revealed that the first one dated from 2013, then 2014, then 2015 and now.  All saying the same thing.  I don't remember feeling any unease about NK in the last few years; only now when it is impossible to tell who is more crazy--NK or Trump.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cavebear

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 12, 2017, 03:37:30 PM
Caught an interesting few minutes of MSNBC late last night (couldn't sleep--channel flipping).  Saw about 5 short video's talking about or showing the NK leader ranting and threatening to launch missiles at  the area around Guam.  It was the typical stuff that I've seen in the last few days.  Then it was revealed that the first one dated from 2013, then 2014, then 2015 and now.  All saying the same thing.  I don't remember feeling any unease about NK in the last few years; only now when it is impossible to tell who is more crazy--NK or Trump.

Ah yes Rachel Maddow.  I love her (as a viewer only of course).

But it was one of the few times I disagreed.  She ignored the fact that NK does actually have nuclear weapons now and didn't then...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cavebear on August 12, 2017, 03:44:05 PM
Ah yes Rachel Maddow.  I love her (as a viewer only of course).

But it was one of the few times I disagreed.  She ignored the fact that NK does actually have nuclear weapons now and didn't then...
That may be true--we are still not totally sure.  And it does not matter, for NK can and does bluster about, well, just about everything.  As does Trump.  So, when two crazies go at it, who know what could happen.  But I do find it interesting that the SK'ens are not all that bothered.  And I too, like Rachel!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on August 12, 2017, 12:33:23 PM
Do you think it is wise to say to an unpredictable dictator with nuclear power, "If you don't do what I say, I will reign down fire on you, the likes of which you have never seen before?" If someone with more diplomatic sense were in charge, like Obama, he would be trying to diffuse the situation instead of escalate it. But if you want to bring up previous administrations and their tendencies to start stupid, avoidable wars, which one started the War on Terror, the never ending conflict with no positive results we're still stuck with today?

If any leader says anything in public, you know it is bullshit.  All real work is done quietly.  Like Bill Clinton meeting on the tarmac with the Attorney General last year.

And no, people think that Obama is diplomatic.  Please tell that to Qaddafi, you partisans of the brain dead.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 12, 2017, 03:48:50 PM
That may be true--we are still not totally sure.  And it does not matter, for NK can and does bluster about, well, just about everything.  As does Trump.  So, when two crazies go at it, who know what could happen.  But I do find it interesting that the SK'ens are not all that bothered.  And I too, like Rachel!
What do you like about her best?  I admire the lack of arguing talking heads on her show, the factual presentation and the "it took us weeks but we finally figured it out" aspects.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cavebear on August 12, 2017, 04:07:53 PM
What do you like about her best?  I admire the lack of arguing talking heads on her show, the factual presentation and the "it took us weeks but we finally figured it out" aspects.
In the world of biased commentators, she is the best.  She is biased, but she is aware of it and faces it.  If she is wrong, she will admit it and retract the part in error.  She is not afraid to change her mind.  She is also unafraid to admit when she does not understand something and tries to figure it out.  And she will actually welcome any person with differing views to be a guest on her show.  She is willing to look at and consider 'the other side'.  She is a bit silly at times, and she could just drop the cocktail stuff.  But yes, I do admire her and watch her when I want a good view of any subject.

Cavebear

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 12, 2017, 05:31:34 PM
In the world of biased commentators, she is the best.  She is biased, but she is aware of it and faces it.  If she is wrong, she will admit it and retract the part in error.  She is not afraid to change her mind.  She is also unafraid to admit when she does not understand something and tries to figure it out.  And she will actually welcome any person with differing views to be a guest on her show.  She is willing to look at and consider 'the other side'.  She is a bit silly at times, and she could just drop the cocktail stuff.  But yes, I do admire her and watch her when I want a good view of any subject.

Actually, I haven't seem the cocktail thing in a while.  But yes on all the others.  If there was just ONE show I was allowed to watch...

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cavebear on August 12, 2017, 05:35:02 PM
Actually, I haven't seem the cocktail thing in a while.  But yes on all the others.  If there was just ONE show I was allowed to watch...
That would be a good 'only' show to watch.  And that would still leave baseball games for me to watch, since games are not 'shows'. 

Cavebear

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 12, 2017, 05:40:18 PM
That would be a good 'only' show to watch.  And that would still leave baseball games for me to watch, since games are not 'shows'.

LOL!  I go channel flipping crazy here sometimes.  Rachel ends at 10 pm and so do most Nationals games!

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cavebear on August 12, 2017, 05:42:40 PM
LOL!  I go channel flipping crazy here sometimes.  Rachel ends at 10 pm and so do most Nationals games!
As a Yankees fan living on the left coast, I have to take what I can get.  So, I find I follow SF quite a bit.

Cavebear

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 12, 2017, 05:45:18 PM
As a Yankees fan living on the left coast, I have to take what I can get.  So, I find I follow SF quite a bit.

Used to be a Yankees fan (when they were failing in the 60s).  Moved to DC just in time for the Senators to leave.  LOL!

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cavebear on August 12, 2017, 06:36:32 PM
Used to be a Yankees fan (when they were failing in the 60s).  Moved to DC just in time for the Senators to leave.  LOL!
Ah--so YOU are the one who chased them out of town. :)

Blackleaf

Quote from: Baruch on August 12, 2017, 04:04:03 PM
If any leader says anything in public, you know it is bullshit.  All real work is done quietly.  Like Bill Clinton meeting on the tarmac with the Attorney General last year.

And no, people think that Obama is diplomatic.  Please tell that to Qaddafi, you partisans of the brain dead.

That may be true of most leaders, but I don't know if you've been watching the news. Trump is pretty fucking terrible at keeping his stupid mouth shut. The rest of the White House staff are doing their best to help him, to keep him calm and off Twitter. They make up excuses for him that his followers repeat, only for him to say on national TV, "Oh no. I was going to fire the head of the CIA anyway. It was my idea. That stuff with Russia was kinda getting to be a problem." So when he says he's going to retaliate against North Korea in the event of a nuclear attack, there are two possibilities. One, he's just saying the first stupid thing to come to mind and doesn't really have any idea what he's going to do in the event that North Korea attacks Guam. Or two, he really does plan to launch a nuclear missile at North Korea if Guam is attacked. Either way, you're giving the dumbass way too much credit.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on August 13, 2017, 12:14:38 AM
That may be true of most leaders, but I don't know if you've been watching the news. Trump is pretty fucking terrible at keeping his stupid mouth shut. The rest of the White House staff are doing their best to help him, to keep him calm and off Twitter. They make up excuses for him that his followers repeat, only for him to say on national TV, "Oh no. I was going to fire the head of the CIA anyway. It was my idea. That stuff with Russia was kinda getting to be a problem." So when he says he's going to retaliate against North Korea in the event of a nuclear attack, there are two possibilities. One, he's just saying the first stupid thing to come to mind and doesn't really have any idea what he's going to do in the event that North Korea attacks Guam. Or two, he really does plan to launch a nuclear missile at North Korea if Guam is attacked. Either way, you're giving the dumbass way too much credit.

Lefties assume .. that if I am not in favor of their favorite candidate, that I support Trump.  Not true.  I support any sitting President, it gets iffy if they stand up ;-)

What will happen, will happen, and blame all around, depending on one's particular bias.  This is how it has been my whole life.

Now one can speculate about Kim or Donald ... but really it is just crazy arrow spinner stuff from children't games of yore.

And he isn't the only one who is unprofessional in public office, and not just elected idiots either.  Humanity has been pretty disappointing since the first Moon landing, in my POV.  I still thought we had turned a corner after Vietnam and Watergate ... sigh.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Baruch on August 13, 2017, 12:20:23 AM
Lefties assume .. that if I am not in favor of their favorite candidate, that I support Trump.  Not true.  I support any sitting President, it gets iffy if they stand up ;-)

I made no such assumption. I said you give him too much credit. Trump has shown himself to lack the ability to keep his mouth shut, even to keep himself out of legal trouble. He doesn't even have basic self-preservation skills.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--