News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

White House Bullshit

Started by SGOS, July 28, 2017, 06:49:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

As a liberal, I suppose I should relish the continual media stream of comical White House chaos, but in fact I'm starting to get bored with it.  I don't bother keeping up with it, anymore.  I just read the headlines, always at the top of my google home page, and then I scroll down to see if I can find something more interesting to read.  Often times, I have to scroll an entire screen to get past all the Trump de doo.  Is anyone else experiencing Trump fatigue?  It's like having an unwanted guest in my house who won't leave.

Hydra009

I find the constant stream of blatant lies, lowbrow drama, and self-sabotage to be inadvertently hilarious, but then again I have an endlessly dark sense of humor.  And although Trump may be the butt of the joke, America's future is the real punchline.

And even I'm getting Trump fatigue.  On one hand, it's probably not healthy to hang on this lackwit's every tweet (I feel like I need to take a shower after watching Trump segments) but on the other hand, I worry that becoming inured to this 4-year digression from bad governance to Crazyville reflects an acceptance of the worst behavior I've ever seen in a President, and I've survived the W years.  I worry that if and when Trump does something seriously heinous, half the country will be too apathetic to care and 30% will be calling his detractors fake news.

And if we tolerate Trump I, I guarantee you we'll get Trump II and Trump III.

Atheon

The more he hobbles himself, rants like a toddler, and buries himself in his web of lies and sleaze, the better. The Republican Party's true nature is being made plain for all to see, and it will be hard for them to keep it from further tarnishing their already tarnished brand.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

fencerider

I am tired of crazy-man, but I keep watching. I keep hoping that today will be the day he goes too far and finally motivates Congress to fire him. Graham just said that firing Jeff Sessions is a redline for Trump. Firing Mueller would also get some of them pissed-off.

Now we have a new character MiniMe Scaramucci. Can't wait to see what SNL does with that.
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Drew_2017

The POTUS is always in the news no matter who's in office. The utter hatred of Trump by many news organizations and their owners is unprecedented. The facts are the facts though, he isn't getting any major bills passed, his staff is in chaos and he is hugely polarizing figure. Sadly it wouldn't be much different if Hillary was in office I don't believe either candidate would be able to govern effectively.

"A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government. A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship."

"The average age of the worlds greatest civilizations from the beginning of history, has been about 200 years. During those 200 years, these nations always progressed through the following sequence:
1. From bondage to spiritual faith;
2. From spiritual faith to great courage;
3. From courage to liberty;
4. From liberty to abundance;
5. From abundance to complacency;
6. From complacency to apathy;
7. From apathy to dependence;
8. From dependence back into bondage "

Alexander Tyler, 1787

America is at number 7...

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
Albert Einstein

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jex6k2uvf9aljrq/theism.rtf?dl=0

Baruch

Quote from: fencerider on July 29, 2017, 12:51:32 AM
I am tired of crazy-man, but I keep watching. I keep hoping that today will be the day he goes too far and finally motivates Congress to fire him. Graham just said that firing Jeff Sessions is a redline for Trump. Firing Mueller would also get some of them pissed-off.

Now we have a new character MiniMe Scaramucci. Can't wait to see what SNL does with that.

I am looking forward to Trump surrounding Congress with tanks, like Yeltsin did with the Russian Parliament.  Y'all will take a big crap and pee down your legs.  But I ain't cleaning it up!  This is child's play so far compared to the Roman Republic.  Get your fresh hot pizza here, pizza here!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Drew_2017 on July 29, 2017, 04:01:18 PM
The POTUS is always in the news no matter who's in office. The utter hatred of Trump by many news organizations and their owners is unprecedented. The facts are the facts though, he isn't getting any major bills passed, his staff is in chaos and he is hugely polarizing figure. Sadly it wouldn't be much different if Hillary was in office I don't believe either candidate would be able to govern effectively.

"A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government. A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship."

"The average age of the worlds greatest civilizations from the beginning of history, has been about 200 years. During those 200 years, these nations always progressed through the following sequence:
1. From bondage to spiritual faith;
2. From spiritual faith to great courage;
3. From courage to liberty;
4. From liberty to abundance;
5. From abundance to complacency;
6. From complacency to apathy;
7. From apathy to dependence;
8. From dependence back into bondage "

Alexander Tyler, 1787

America is at number 7...

Things can change too.  The Civil War was not a peaceful time, LOL!  But we recovered from it (mostly).
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

SGOS

The POTUS is always in the news no matter who's in office.
Any president will be attacked by the press for behavior of a questionable nature.  But sometimes they are reported on for conducting actual matters of state too.  The president has tremendous power to focus attention on himself and the things he does, and the media needs to report on things.  They will report it.

The utter hatred of Trump by many news organizations and their owners is unprecedented.
I doubt they hate Trump anymore than a school of piranha hate a helpless cow floating down the river, or Jerry Springer hates the low-lifes that will do anything to be on his TV program.  The news organizations are just having a feeding frenzy reporting on the things that people like to read about.  When Trump denies them access to news conferences or calls them fakes, they report about it.  If he carries on private meetings with the Russians, they report on it.  The only thing unprecedented is that FOX News isn't kissing his conservative ass 24-7.  The media does not shape the president.  He's responsible for his own behavior, whether it's Trump grabbing pussy or Bill Clinton getting blow jobs in the oval office.  The news reports this stuff and always with a certain about of relish.  I'm just saying I'm getting tired of it.  I'm not saying they shouldn't report it.  Not at all.  But it would be interesting to see the president focusing on the good of the country.  I believe the media would report that too, if it actually happened.

Mike Cl

The utter hatred of Trump by many news organizations and their owners is unprecedented.

Bullshit.  Trump has not changed by getting into office.  He has always been a greedy, stoop to anything, businessman.  He has demonstrated his utter disdain for anyone who is not loyal to him or questions him in any way.  He treats the little guy like shit.  He surrounds himself with criminal, unbalanced, negative, and distasteful people.  He promotes hatred and violence.  The news organizations do not hate him--they simply report what he does and says.  He actually deserves the hatred of the American people--but the fact that not all do tells an ugly story about this country.  Anyone who supports him is suspect in my book.  And please point out any---Any--speech or talk he has given in which he does not lie; he can't string 5 words together without telling a lie.  He will go down in history as the worst president we have ever had.  I just hope he is not the last we ever have.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Hydra009

Quote from: Drew_2017 on July 29, 2017, 04:01:18 PMThe utter hatred of Trump by many news organizations and their owners is unprecedented.
It's so weird how he did/said absolutely nothing to tick people off and everyone hates him for no reason.

I can't imagine what the press in particular would have against the guy.  It'll forever be a mystery.

Drew_2017

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 30, 2017, 10:45:43 AM
Bullshit.  Trump has not changed by getting into office.  He has always been a greedy, stoop to anything, businessman.  He has demonstrated his utter disdain for anyone who is not loyal to him or questions him in any way.  He treats the little guy like shit.  He surrounds himself with criminal, unbalanced, negative, and distasteful people.  He promotes hatred and violence.  The news organizations do not hate him--they simply report what he does and says.  He actually deserves the hatred of the American people--but the fact that not all do tells an ugly story about this country.  Anyone who supports him is suspect in my book.  And please point out any---Any--speech or talk he has given in which he does not lie; he can string 5 words together without telling a lie.  He will go down in history as the worst president we have ever had.  I just hope he is not the last we ever have.

At least you're not caught up in the hate Trump movement. You're mistaken though, I can see the utter contempt and hatred some of them have. Some of them have expressed their desire to see him taken out of office feet first.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
Albert Einstein

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jex6k2uvf9aljrq/theism.rtf?dl=0

Mike Cl

Quote from: Drew_2017 on July 30, 2017, 12:38:45 PM
At least you're not caught up in the hate Trump movement. You're mistaken though, I can see the utter contempt and hatred some of them have. Some of them have expressed their desire to see him taken out of office feet first.
Oh, I was 'caught' up in the anti-Trump movement years ago.  It has moved from anti, to hate, to despise, to the love of seeing him dead.  He is beyond despicable.  Personally, he can live as he thinks fit.  But now the entire country has to put up with this disgusting excuse of a human; if I had a choice of saving the life of a dog or Trump--not even thinking, it would be the dog--or the spider or the cockroach.  Our country would be better by a huge margin if he were to have a heart attack and die.  There is absolutely nothing I can point to that is a positive about this piece of shit.  I am heart sick about him being president.  And I am afraid that his presidency marks the lowest level this country has reached since its inception.  And it will go down from here.  He represents hate, classicism,  fear, greed, and violence. 

So, Drew do you now have a sense of what I actually feel about this piece of shit creature?
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on July 30, 2017, 01:39:05 AM
Things can change too.  The Civil War was not a peaceful time, LOL!  But we recovered from it (mostly).

Next time it is with briefcase nukes, not carpetbags ;-9
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Drew_2017 on July 30, 2017, 12:38:45 PM

True ... but Marxist scum are like that ... All Power To The Soviet (aka SJW).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 30, 2017, 10:45:43 AM
Bullshit.  Trump has not changed by getting into office.  He has always been a greedy, stoop to anything, businessman.  He has demonstrated his utter disdain for anyone who is not loyal to him or questions him in any way.  He treats the little guy like shit.  He surrounds himself with criminal, unbalanced, negative, and distasteful people.  He promotes hatred and violence.  The news organizations do not hate him--they simply report what he does and says.  He actually deserves the hatred of the American people--but the fact that not all do tells an ugly story about this country.  Anyone who supports him is suspect in my book.  And please point out any---Any--speech or talk he has given in which he does not lie; he can't string 5 words together without telling a lie.  He will go down in history as the worst president we have ever had.  I just hope he is not the last we ever have.

Cheney - So?

So you are not a businessman ... maybe you want them rounded up, eh Raskalnikov?  I have seen much hatred in the Picture of Dorian Grey you keep in your attic ... I hope you can find some way to dissipate it before it destroys you.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.