News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

White House Bullshit

Started by SGOS, July 28, 2017, 06:49:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on August 03, 2017, 01:10:08 PM
Haha .. your mind.  Millions of Americans can read minds, particular Presidents, Congressmen, SCOTUS etc.  Superpowers.
How can you read something that isn't there????
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Unbeliever

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 03, 2017, 09:10:10 AM
I don't think he is displeased with himself.  He is busy amassing the wealth he had only dreamed of before.  He and his entire family are busy plundering the country and the people of this country are only interested in his tweets.
Which is probably why he adores Putin so much - he's said to be worth as much as 252 billion dollars! Chump worships wealth, so naturally Putin's his god.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Drew_2017

Resolution of conflicts in the middle east
Securing our borders
Deporting M-13 gang members
Deporting criminal illegal aliens
Creating jobs and wealth in the USA
Negotiating better trade deals for the USA?
Repair our infrastructure

Quote from: Hydra009 on August 02, 2017, 11:34:44 PM
This list can't be serious.  I could probably slap together a similar list for anybody - no matter how despicable - with similarly vague goals that (in principle) everyone agrees with, like peace in the Middle East, creating jobs, and securing the border.

But the devil is in the details and sorry, but your Dear Leader's policies aren't up to snuff.  His idea of securing the border is building a giant wall with a (presumably figurative) golden door and to get Mexico to pay for it.  You might bellyfeel that these policies are doubleplus good, but that'll never make it so.

The only candidate wretched enough to give Trump any chance was Hillary and even then she still should have won. All she needed was some kind of message. The previous administration didn't have these goals. If Obama had his way we'd be paying $10 a gallon for gas causing the poor to get poorer and the rich to get richer. Obama encouraged illegal immigration and supported sanctuary cities. He invested money in green companies many of which went bankrupt. He did little to stem the tide of jobs leaving overseas and he ran the deficit up to unconscionable heights. Bush gave us Obama, Obama has given us Trump.

I'm still skeptical of any wall being built, I've seen a fence design that's better. I'm in favor of securing the borders and control immigration. Legal immigration is vital to the USA so it should be streamlined. Sanctuary cites are an affront to law and order. They create a dual legality where cities can determine their own laws.   

I don't think America has ever stopped being great but it can be a lot better. Trump should be given the opportunity for his polices to work.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
Albert Einstein

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jex6k2uvf9aljrq/theism.rtf?dl=0

Drew_2017

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 03, 2017, 11:11:51 AM
Okay, Cavebear, that is reason talking.  And I really, really, hope you are right.  In the past year reason and logic in politics has taken a huge hit for me.  You should be right in your assessment.  But I still have this fear gnawing away in the back of head that Trump will be unscathed at the end of the day.  And he could even win a second term.  Yes, I know that is unreasonable and I hope I am just batshit crazy to even think about it.

The second worst thing Trump could do (first being winning the election) is to be successful. It would be disastrous if the country improved under Trump. So let us hope he is a miserable failure, that the country falls into complete disarray, unemployment skyrockets, riots break out, people start shooting police, foreign countries develop nuclear powers... Oh wait we had 8 years of that.

Albert Einstein

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 03, 2017, 01:22:59 PM
How can you read something that isn't there????

You keep saying ... you know exactly what he is thinking, planning, doing .. I am only a demigod, you are claiming to be G-d.  That can't be true, because either Obama is G-d or Hillary is G-d.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 03, 2017, 03:16:44 PM
Which is probably why he adores Putin so much - he's said to be worth as much as 252 billion dollars! Chump worships wealth, so naturally Putin's his god.

Carlos Slim, Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos ... Putin is small potatoes.  Yes, they do worship wealth, we are going to return to Ancient Egypt, with the common people working their whole lives, building pyramids (Presidential Libraries) for the next dead Pharaoh.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Drew_2017 on August 03, 2017, 06:13:39 PM
Trump should be given the opportunity for his polices to work.
Just like Obama was given an opportunity.  I can why you are a theist.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Drew_2017

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 03, 2017, 08:27:06 PM

I'm not sure what the linkage is but Obama was able to get a lot of his agenda through. The problem was it didn't make the country safer or make the country wealthier. You and other democrats can remain in denial about why Trump was elected at your own peril.
Albert Einstein

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 03, 2017, 08:27:06 PM

Obama wanted war with Russia.  So does Hillary.  Is that what you want?  Now that McInsane has moved to the D side of the house, perhaps you also want war with Iran.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Drew_2017 on August 03, 2017, 09:40:28 PM
I'm not sure what the linkage is but Obama was able to get a lot of his agenda through. The problem was it didn't make the country safer or make the country wealthier. You and other democrats can remain in denial about why Trump was elected at your own peril.

Obama's agenda wasn't what was claimed.  He lied his whole life, hence was the perfect candidate in 08.  Conceived in a CIA test tube.  People project onto politicians what they want to see.  Both sides do it ... and I see what both sides are doing ... fools!  Gay people projected that Obama was gay, liberals projected he was liberal .. of course straight people project that Trump is straight, conservatives project that he is conservative ... they are wrong too.  We want Superman to arrive from the Fortress of Solitude, and save us from our nightmares.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: Drew_2017 on August 03, 2017, 06:13:39 PMThe only candidate wretched enough to give Trump any chance was Hillary and even then she still should have won. All she needed was some kind of message.
That doesn't really have any relevance to what I posted, so it's a little weird that you bring this up.  But yeah, if Hillary Clinton had ran a better campaign, she'd be prez right now instead of Trump.  Brilliant deduction, Sherlock Holmes.

QuoteThe previous administration didn't have these goals.
ORLY?  Obama didn't want peace in the middle east or secure borders or jobs?  Do you by any chance know what the economy was like when he took office?  Spoiler alert: jobs factored heavily.

QuoteObama encouraged illegal immigration
Alternative fact spotted!

QuoteHe invested money in green companies many of which went bankrupt. He did little to stem the tide of jobs leaving overseas and he ran the deficit up to unconscionable heights. Bush gave us Obama, Obama has given us Trump.
Some of that may be true, at least on a technical level.

QuoteLegal immigration is vital to the USA so it should be streamlined.
Did you see the video above?  It seems Dear Leader doesn't agree.

QuoteI don't think America has ever stopped being great
Ugh.  Do we really have to "think" in those terms?

QuoteTrump should be given the opportunity for his polices to work.
Haha.  No.

I'd very much like to live to see America make social and technological progress, so I'm not going to give carte blanche to some plutocrat piece of crap raving about "bad hombres" and global warming as a Chinese plot and doing his damnest to reverse every last ounce of progress achieved under the Obama administration.

fencerider

hmmm the def of a sanctuary city is one where the police insist on doing their own job and refusing to do the job of the federal government. In CA police can only keep someone for 48 hrs that hasnt committed a crime. and being illegal is not a crime local police can prosecute.

The latest and greatest according to XM is that Mueller has 17 high power lawyers investigating Trump. A couple of those lawyers already have celebrity status. They have no reason to step away from their reg job, unless Mueller is giving them the opportunity to get their hands in something really greasy. Maybe the stories about Trump laundering billions of dollars for the Russians are true.

Mike What mind???... Michael J Fox Family Ties - It's like there's this little voice inside his head saying "Boy. You can see for miles in here"

I'm still waiting for Trump to show some sign of intelligence. Guess I better pull me up a chair.
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Baruch

Anyone who wants to be President, shows signs of not being intelligent, or of being insane.  USA is dead, long live USA.

Federalism is an ongoing experiment that Europeans don't have.  Their degree of royal centralization was part of the reason why the US exists.  It will be up to the courts to decide to what degree local constabulary can be Federalized.  This wouldn't even be an issue in other countries ... the local serves the capital, if not the sovereign.  Ask France or GB.

Personally I have no problem with sanctuary cities.  I do have a problem with secession.  That will bring nukes, not cannons.  Like I said, the US is dead.  Before the self-righteous South seceded, the self-righteous Yankees wanted to.  This conflict has never been resolved, even if the two political parties have reversed positions on many things.

And fine, I have no problem with investigations.  I remember Watergate.  There should be permanent prosecutions against all members of SCOTUS, WH and Congress.  They are all criminals, all the time.  But then ... the US is dead.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Drew_2017 on August 03, 2017, 09:40:28 PM
The linkage is that Obama had to face an unreal congress--a congress that had only one thing in mind and that was to block anything that Obama wanted to do. 

Why does the country need to be made 'safer'??  Safe from what country or threat??  The biggest worry the general population has is being gunned down by gun owners in this country.  The worst terrorist problem is in the US from it's own citizens, not outsiders.  And the country was certainly 'safer' than under Bush!  And you think Trump will/is making this country safer now?  Okay............

I am not a democrat.  I vote for whoever is best for the average guy in this country.  So, I usually end up voting for the lesser of all the evils.  I sort of take Burach's stance on national politics; all of them running for a national office is evil; at best they have compromised whatever 'ethics' they had to get where they are.  And yes, the Demos are, as a whole, a bunch of sniveling, cowards who can and will mess up a wet dream.  Trump won because he appealed to the basic white racist/male dominant part (the largest part, which is aided by the christians) country we were from the start--have you ever read the original constitution?  And that is what frightens me about Trump--he represents that part of our society.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Drew_2017 on August 03, 2017, 06:24:23 PM
The second worst thing Trump could do (first being winning the election) is to be successful. It would be disastrous if the country improved under Trump. So let us hope he is a miserable failure, that the country falls into complete disarray, unemployment skyrockets, riots break out, people start shooting police, foreign countries develop nuclear powers... Oh wait we had 8 years of that.
If Trump were successful, it would have absolutely nothing to do with what this country did or did not do.  His goal is to generate as much wealth and power for him and his family and close associates.  What happens to the country is a moot point for him.  He already is a 'miserable failure' as a human being.  Look at what he says--and look at what he does.  They match.  He does not lie about him being a sleaze in both social conduct and in business conduct.  One of his goals is revenge and destroying those who are not loyal to him.  The truth to him is immaterial--that changes by the moment.  He is about as far from being the classic 'Christ-like' of any national character I've ever seen--yet the christians love him (which is not surprising since for the most part, christians love white supremacists and male dominated society), and he appeals to only the most base of our society.