News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

DEATH IS FINAL.

Started by Solomon Zorn, July 28, 2017, 06:15:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

Oh... oh man...

Solomon was a great member... hell... a great guy...I never really know what to sat to someone that lost someone else, but you have my deepest sympathies....

Mermaid

Linda, I am so sorry for the pain you and your family are experiencing. What a sad, sad loss.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Sylar

Sad to hear. My condolences to you and your family.
"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." --Oscar Wilde

Cavebear

Quote from: Solomon Zorn on July 28, 2017, 06:15:11 PM

This is from Solomon Zorn's sister.  My brother took his own life on July 20, 2017.  He is truly missed, and he requested that I post this information on his forums for him.

Sincerely,
Linda Witt

I am very sorry.  I traded a few emails with Solomon a few months ago and respected his thoughts and poetry. His site was bookmarked on my computer.  We faded apart because I was "busy", thinking there was time to discuss his poems more.

I appreciate your telling us this sad news.  People sometimes just disappear on sites.  I myself have been compiling a list of people and sites to tell in the event of my own death (as a precautionary measure only), but this strikes home.

It matters that you told us.  At least we know.  My (and I know all our) thoughts to you for the loss and sadness. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Blackleaf

Oh damn. I saw the title of the thread and thought it seemed out of place and shrugged it off. I know Solomon was suffering from schizophrenia, but it sucks that things had to end this way.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

trdsf

Alas, I'm with Blackleaf, I bypassed the title and only just looked in here.

My deepest sympathies to you and to Solomon's whole family; he will be missed around here.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Cavebear

I saved a few poems he posted.  I will print one out on best font and cardstock to frame and hang on my wall.  To remember... 

I will also say that everyone has the right to check out when they choose.  We don't choose to come into the world, but we can choose when to leave as we see fit. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!