News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

DEATH IS FINAL.

Started by Solomon Zorn, July 28, 2017, 06:15:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solomon Zorn

This is from Solomon Zorn's sister.  My brother took his own life on July 20, 2017.  He is truly missed, and he requested that I post this information on his forums for him.

Sincerely,
Linda Witt
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

Deidre32

As I said in the shout box, I'm so sorry for your loss. :(
The only lasting beauty, is the beauty of the heart. - Rumi

Mike Cl

I don't quite know what to say--to think.  I did not really 'know' Solomon.  But I created a mental picture of him from his posts.  I could detect a bit of angst from his posts as a whole.  But I had no idea from where it came nor how deep it was.  I can say I will miss the presence of Solomon.  But if he was in so much pain that he felt driven to end it all, then I guess his angst/pain was fairly deep.  And only he can really know.  I am also sorry for your loss, Linda.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

SGOS

As said before, Solomon will be missed.  He was a respected poster, and I always took an interest in what he had to say.  Thank you for letting us know.  That was very thoughtful on both of your parts, and please accept my sincere condolences.

Gawdzilla Sama

He would have been amused by this:

QuoteInsofar as I may be heard by anything, which may or may not care what I say, I ask, if it matters, that you be forgiven for anything you may have done or failed to do which requires forgiveness. Conversely, if not forgiveness but something else may be required to ensure any possible benefit for which you may be eligible after the destruction of your body, I ask that this, whatever it may be, be granted or withheld, as the case may be, in such a manner as to insure your receiving said benefit. I ask this in my capacity as your elected intermediary between yourself and that which may not be yourself, but which may have an interest in the matter of your receiving as much as it is possible for you to receive of this thing, and which may in some way be influenced by this ceremony. Amen.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Mermaid

I'm really sorry for your loss. This is such sad news. Can you tell us something about him?
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Baruch

I will miss him greatly ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mr.Obvious

I am sorry for your loss.

I liked his presence on here a lot. He was a nice guy and I always respected his input. And he played a mean game of chess.

This is not my place to say or ask... But maybe check out the poetry he placed here on the forum (and on his site I believe). I liked them a lot too, they should not be lost to time.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Hijiri Byakuren

I've been down the road to suicide myself in the past. I'm sorry to hear this has happened. I hope you and your family don't blame yourselves for this.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

aitm

We are all greatly saddened by this. He was a valued member who contributed a great deal. He had a brilliant mind that many of us recognized but unfortunately failed to openly acknowledge, but don't take that as a reflection of our opinion of him...we do the same to everyone. We will all miss him, I will miss him. My very best to you and yours.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

chill98

Linda:

Thank you for posting his message; it could not have been easy for you to do.

I did not know your brother well, but I have seen his posts in several forums over the years.  We didnt have much in common so I didn't get to know him on a personal level.

He was always a nice guy in the various forums.  He did not look for conflict, an unusual www quality these days. 

I am sorry for this painful loss you and your family are going thru.

Jason78

I just don't have the words.   I'm so sorry for your loss.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

SoldierofFortune

He was saying that he was being monitored by Trump...
He may have had scizofrenic attack...

Solomon Zorn

Thank you all for your kind words.  My brother had a 3 month fight with insomnia, and the psychosis levels only elevated.  The only escape one gets from voices, is during sleep.  Most of the time, he was lucky to get 10 hours in 5 days.  Add to the fact that he apparently took it upon himself to stop going to his Psych. doctor for the last 3 months.  I truly miss him very much.
Sincerely,
Linda Witt 
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

Deidre32

Ugh, I feel terrible for him, Linda, that he was suffering like that. I can only imagine the pain he was going through.
The only lasting beauty, is the beauty of the heart. - Rumi