Trump Bans Transgendered From Military

Started by Shiranu, July 26, 2017, 12:04:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Gilgamesh on July 26, 2017, 05:52:22 PM
source?

Most Dems hate the military, would F it any way they could.  And Kissinger, he hates the military too, but then he served in WW II as an American-German immigrant infantryman.  People who hate the military, who have never been in it our around it ... are just like bigots anywhere ... or phobic to bullets ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mermaid

Quote from: Baruch on July 26, 2017, 07:49:07 PM
The normal diagnosis requires medication, as far as military service protocol goes ... I have been thru the training this year.  Have you?  Surgery isn't required.  There is a whole protocol to go thru .. which isn't applied to gay people.  In civilian life there is also the same protocol ... RLT and hormones and maybe tranquilizers.  You can't just declare yourself trans anywhere ... it is medically defined by diagnosis and treatment.  Not so for gays.
What the actual fuck?
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Shiranu

Quote from: Baruch on July 26, 2017, 07:46:34 PM
Trust a snake like Obama at your own peril.

Trusted him for 8 years, worked out pretty well.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on July 26, 2017, 08:06:49 PM
Trusted him for 8 years, worked out pretty well.

Going to marry one of his daughters, or catch the Clinton harpie child on the rebound from her first marriage? ;-))  Guess you judge a book by the skin color.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Mermaid on July 26, 2017, 07:58:43 PM
What the actual fuck?

So which military do you serve with, and how recent is all your medical staff training?  I have been following the TG issue for decades my dear.  Can't say why I have.

Now if you want to disagree with the medical community on standards of care ... please address yourself to Mayo or Johns Hopkins.  This isn't a political issue.  But like I said, I am fine with TG people in the military.  They have secretly served for decades when it wasn't legal, same as gay service people.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

QuotePeople who hate the military, who have never been in it our around it ... are just like bigots anywhere ... or phobic to bullets ;-)

Interesting that is in response to him questioning me, since I was raised by a veteran of WW2, Vietnam and Korea, who's grand-uncle served in WW2 and received the Silver Star and some fancy-smanzy French medal, who's adopted brother served in Desert Storm and was exposed to mustard gas, who's other brother spent 23 years in the navy, who's cousin is now 6 years into the Navy, and I spent basically the first half of my life living on Fort Sam Houston... all while considering joining the military myself (just not the American)...

For some reason, claiming I hate the military or have never been around it as the reason for why I think the way I do seems a tad bit presumptuous and a tadder bit wrong.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Shiranu

Quote from: Baruch on July 26, 2017, 08:07:59 PM
Going to marry one of his daughters, or catch the Clinton harpie child on the rebound from her first marriage? ;-))  Guess you judge a book by the skin color.

Domestically, which is where I happen to live, Obama was the greatest president in my generation and likely the best since the LBJ (again, speaking domestically) administration. Foreign, he was about as tame as we could get as well, which isn't enough, but it was better than the alternatives.

If "by judging a book by it's cover" is a reference to his track record and not his skin colour, then yes I do.

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on July 26, 2017, 08:11:17 PM
Interesting that is in response to him questioning me, since I was raised by a veteran of WW2, Vietnam and Korea, who's grand-uncle served in WW2 and received the Silver Star and some fancy-smanzy French medal, who's adopted brother served in Desert Storm and was exposed to mustard gas, who's other brother spent 23 years in the navy, who's cousin is now 6 years into the Navy, and I spent basically the first half of my life living on Fort Sam Houston... all while considering joining the military myself (just not the American)...

For some reason, claiming I hate the military or have never been around it as the reason for why I think I do seems a tad bit presumptuous and a tadder bit wrong.

Are you a Democrat?  More likely People's Commissar ;-)  So if I say bad things about Democrats, I am speaking only to you?  Good for your relatives ... but that doesn't count, any more than the Queen is my cousin.  Love your relatives ... in spite of their service, or because?   Perhaps on another thread, you can explain pacifism or whatever you like ... in regards to this.  But if Obama or Cheney loved the military people, they would have served, either in uniform or close to it.  I hate war, but I have been close to the military for over 30 years now.  Life is ironic like that.

If you haven't served that is fine, we don't all have to ... and it is certainly smarter than average to avoid bullets.  I am also fine if the President hasn't served (civil rule over military) ... but Obama is a war monger, same as McCain.  One didn't serve, the other did ... yet they ended up the same.  Explain that for me.  When a person like Reagan, Johnson, Nixon, or GW Bush have only served as a joke, color me unimpressed.  Eisenhower, Kennedy, HR Bush and Carter did, and non-trivially.  Trump, Clinton and Obama not at all.  Guess which one I most respect?  I like Ike, and for good reason.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on July 26, 2017, 08:14:52 PM
Domestically, which is where I happen to live, Obama was the greatest president in my generation and likely the best since the LBJ (again, speaking domestically) administration. Foreign, he was about as tame as we could get as well, which isn't enough, but it was better than the alternatives.

If "by judging a book by it's cover" is a reference to his track record and not his skin colour, then yes I do.

We will have to disagree on Obama.  Voted for him twice, because of the alternatives.

I suspect that Obama isn't pro gay or pro tran.  He wants to "F" the military ... because they might have snickered behind his back, when he reviewed the troops.  I suspect my colleagues do the same to Trump.  We know who is real and who is fake.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gilgamesh

depressed people can’t get in
blind people can’t get in
chronically ill people can’t get in
felons can get in

The military is not a playground, it is not political. It is a force. A group with 40% suicide and at least 2 co-morbid mental illnesses should not be in the most powerful military on earth.

but nah, fuck reality;

"muh transphobic drumpf!"

Hydra009

Quote from: Gilgamesh on July 26, 2017, 10:46:36 PMfelons can get in
Some felons, you mean.  A very important qualifier.  Without it, one gets the impression that they're willing to hire any felon, which is not the case.

I find it fascinating that you're arguing that Luke/Leslie can't get in because the military is/should be an elite institution that can't take just anyone (have you even met a high school military recruiter?), while simultaneously acknowledging that people with a very serious criminal background can get in.  Under what logic is a guy who once made a terrorist threat a-okay but Luke/Leslie is absolutely unthinkable?

Mike Cl

I was drafted.  This idea that the military is 'elite' is dangerous--and bullshit.  When I was drafted if you had a 'swinging dick' you got in.  In those days, women were not in combat and not drafted.  We don't need an elite military or a military that thinks it is not a part of the general country--that it is 'special' and not like the common man.  It needs to be made up of all slices of society--poor, all ethnic groups, all genders, all everything.  It needs to identify with the country and not feel it is apart from or different than the society it is supposed to protect.  A special military could think it is so special that it needs to run things.   
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

fencerider

Quote from: Gilgamesh on July 26, 2017, 10:46:36 PM
depressed people can’t get in
blind people can’t get in
chronically ill people can’t get in
felons can get in

The military is not a playground, it is not political. It is a force. A group with 40% suicide and at least 2 co-morbid mental illnesses should not be in the most powerful military on earth.

depends on your point of view. Its a fact that we are less intelligent than our ancestors. If you're not smart enough or physically healthy enough you dont get in the military. So we send only healthy, smart people to fight (the U.S. is always in active combat zones). The smart ones die in battle and the dumb ones stay home with nothing to do except reproduce. Shouldn't we be doing the opposite? If you get a higher score than x you can't serve. If Trump hates a group of people that much it would make more sense to let them fight and get rid of a few of them.
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

fencerider

Quote from: PickelledEggs on July 26, 2017, 12:57:50 PM
Doesn't the US military have the biggest budget of... literally anything on earth?
The biggest budget probably belongs to a banker like Chase Mahattan (there is an estimate of 65 trillion dollars of total assets in the world and the bankers have bets with each other in the derivatives market to the tune of 165 trillion dollars), but our military has a budget to somewhere around the combined budget of the next 10 countries in military spending.
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: fencerider on July 27, 2017, 01:50:42 AM
The biggest budget probably belongs to a banker like Chase Mahattan (there is an estimate of 65 trillion dollars of total assets in the world and the bankers have bets with each other in the derivatives market to the tune of 165 trillion dollars), but our military has a budget to somewhere around the combined budget of the next 10 countries in military spending.
I was implying a spending budget. Not a bank account or amount of money withholding.

The point being though...
If transgender people want to serve in the military, the budget can handle whatever miniscule amount of transgender people that actually want to help this government armed forces, at this point

Not sure why they would, but that's not my decision.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk